Unemployment Down to 7.8%

For all of the cons that think Obama is the most incompetent President of all time but that he is also cooking the books, please explain how he has managed to get an entire government department to fall in line on this.

I dont think he cooked the books.

But while discussing how a President can get an entire department to fall in line...

How did he get the entire state department to not mention that the Libya attack was declared a terrorist attack? How did he get the entire state department to agree to blame it on the on line movie?

We are still losing jobs under democrats!

Data extracted on: October 5, 2012 (8:48:45 AM)

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rateType of data:
Percent or rateAge: 16 years and over

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2002_2012_all_period_M09_data.gif

Democrats took power January 1, 2007. Just look at their disaster!
fredgraph.png

Wait a second....I keep hearing that "government doesn't create jobs" But yet here you are blaming it all on Democrats. Mighty convenient for you, isn't it?

The economic collapse is what caused this and no matter who is in office, it would have been a long term fix.

The economic collapse was the fault of not one side or the other....both had their hands in it. The factors were bi-partisan. When Glass-Steagall was repealed, the GOP sponsored the bill, and Clinton signed it into law. When NAFTA was put into place, once again the GOP sponsored it, Clinton signed it into law.

In 2001, GWB gave China most favored nation status....which means a permanent trade partner. And once again, America suffered.

So with banks largely de-regulated, manufacturing leaving town for slave labor rates and brand new state of the art factories that China builds on THEIR dime.

The collapse came. The days of wine and roses were over....there's plenty of blame to go around....it isn't just the GOP, it isn't just the Dems.

In fact, the private sector has 1000X more to with this shit than either political party. They are the ones that lobby for this stuff, they are the ones that are, by far....the largest group of campaign donors....They buy the rules that help them and leave the rest of us to rot....they have no loyalty, patriotism, or love of this nation....they are only concerned with power and money.

I agree with much of your post.

However, the part I boplded took away much of its credibility.

I do not blame the ones who bribe. I blame the ones who take the bribe.

The private sector can do anything they want to try to get congress to make decisions in their favor.

Once congress makes those decisions, I blame congress.

When my son asked for the keys to the car when he was 12.....was he wrong for asking or would I have been the wrong one if I gave them to him?

Of course you don't. These people aren't 12 and this isn't the keys to the car. Stupid analogy.

We have a rigged political system in which it takes a hell of a lot of money to compete, let alone WIN a National election. It's not a matter of corruption, it's a matter of simply running for office....Then, after you're in....the lobbyists come a calling....Remember your boy Boehner passing out checks on the House floor from the tobacco lobby? I'm sure there's plenty of other examples from both sides that we never hear about.

The bottom line is that once you're in their pockets....and you simply HAVE to be just to get elected....they have you.

You lost much credibility with me for excusing the actions of the private sector. In order to have what the AM Radio boys call "critical thinking skills" Those skills need to be applied across the board. Not just at the people you don't agree with.

Here come the far-right spinners...

Spin, spin, spin...

And on Nov. 6, you'll still be eating shit.

For all of the cons that think Obama is the most incompetent President of all time but that he is also cooking the books, please explain how he has managed to get an entire government department to fall in line on this.

Cooked may be facetious. Exaggerated is more like it. Part time work isn't exactly helpful to people out of work and desperately in need of full time work. Yet it reduces the overall rate and makes it look like improvemnet is far more dramatic than it is.

Wait a second....I keep hearing that "government doesn't create jobs" But yet here you are blaming it all on Democrats. Mighty convenient for you, isn't it?

The economic collapse is what caused this and no matter who is in office, it would have been a long term fix.

The economic collapse was the fault of not one side or the other....both had their hands in it. The factors were bi-partisan. When Glass-Steagall was repealed, the GOP sponsored the bill, and Clinton signed it into law. When NAFTA was put into place, once again the GOP sponsored it, Clinton signed it into law.

In 2001, GWB gave China most favored nation status....which means a permanent trade partner. And once again, America suffered.

So with banks largely de-regulated, manufacturing leaving town for slave labor rates and brand new state of the art factories that China builds on THEIR dime.

The collapse came. The days of wine and roses were over....there's plenty of blame to go around....it isn't just the GOP, it isn't just the Dems.

In fact, the private sector has 1000X more to with this shit than either political party. They are the ones that lobby for this stuff, they are the ones that are, by far....the largest group of campaign donors....They buy the rules that help them and leave the rest of us to rot....they have no loyalty, patriotism, or love of this nation....they are only concerned with power and money.

The private sector can do anything they want to try to get congress to make decisions in their favor.

When my son asked for the keys to the car when he was 12.....was he wrong for asking or would I have been the wrong one if I gave them to him?

Of course you don't. These people aren't 12 and this isn't the keys to the car. Stupid analogy.

We have a rigged political system in which it takes a hell of a lot of money to compete, let alone WIN a National election. It's not a matter of corruption, it's a matter of simply running for office....Then, after you're in....the lobbyists come a calling....Remember your boy Boehner passing out checks on the House floor from the tobacco lobby? I'm sure there's plenty of other examples from both sides that we never hear about.

The bottom line is that once you're in their pockets....and you simply HAVE to be just to get elected....they have you.

You lost much credibility with me for excusing the actions of the private sector. In order to have what the AM Radio boys call "critical thinking skills" Those skills need to be applied across the board. Not just at the people you don't agree with.

So if everyone is in everyone's pockets what do you suggest as a solution and how does one fairly evaluate who to vote for if they are all crooked?

actually, you are full of shit.

If you support gay rights you would not have used "referring to me as gay" as a joke as you did.

And my PMing was nothing more than telling you to delete your posts where you changed my post and then quoted it with the changes.

If you were comfortable with your own sexual preference, you wouldn't have run crying like a bitch to the mods and then PM'd me begging me to not call you out as gay.

Let me say it one more time:

I support your right to be gay and find that special someone. I'm just not interested because I'm a heterosexual.

I ask again....why do you think it is apporpriate to use homosexuality as a means to make a joke or cast an insult?

And an FYI....I did not run to the mods....I asked you to remove two posts where you took my post, altered it completely and then quoted the altered version...

You refused.

So I asked the mods to do it for you.

They stopped looking.

And your answer is what?

The first Obama stimulus was successful in keeping cops, firefighters, and teachers on the payroll. Now that everything's been frozen since 2010, those folks are losing their jobs. And the Fed is giving money to rich folks in the "hope" the private sector will pick up the slack. It has..but very very slowly.

So what would you do?

Look at it this way....

If you have a hole in a boat...and as you plug the hole, you make oither holes.....plugging the hole will do very little for you.

Yes, the tax cuts were continued, but more rehulations to appease the far left were implemented; The Affordable Care law was lassed; and cap and treade is still in the dialogue.

So telling business owners...."here, we gave you more of your earned income, but we are taking it from you in other ways" will result in business owners doing exactly what they are doing....waiting to see how much Helathcare will cost them per employee and whether or not cap and trade is pushed through when Obama no longer cares about re-election.

A decision to hire is based on an analysis of cost to hire and return of the hire...coupled with any other anticipated INCREASE in operating costs.

Geeze..really?

Affordable health care did very little to most industries. And regulation, at best, has been really really weak..considering the scope of the financial debacle.

The only one that went to jail was Maddoff..and probably because the people he bilked were rich.

Companies are seeing record profits as well.

That's not translating into the firey job growth you folks contend will happen if profits are doing well. It didn't happen with Reagan..and it didn't happen with Bush. Both those Presidents poured tons of money into public sector hiring and defense.

Unemployment numbers are lies. These numbers don’t even include the fact that the number of under employed rose to 8.5%. Underemployed are counted as employed in the numbers below.

Bellow is the January 2009 labor numbers and the Sept 2012 labor numbers. Notice the shrinkage in the labor force. This is the real reason why unemployment numbers are done. The current labor force participation rate is the lowest it has been since the early 80s.

January 2009
Population 234,739
Labor Force 153,716 Rate: 65.5%
Employed: 142,099 Rate: 60.5%
Unemployed 11,616 Rate: 7.6%

Sept 2012
Population 243,772
Labor Force 155,063 Rate: 63.6%
Employed: 142,974 Rate: 58.7%
Unemployed 12,088 Rate: 7.8%

If labor force was same as 01/09 65.5

Population 243,772
Labor Force 159,670 Rate: 65.5%
Unemployed 17,000 Rate: 10.6%

If the labor force was it’s average rate of 66 the unemployment would be

Population 243,772
Labor Force 160,892 Rate: 66%
Unemployed 17,918 Rate: 11.1%

Population is civilian noninstitutional population.

Unemployment April: Employment Situation News Release
Unemployment archives: Employment Situation Archived News Releases

actually, you are full of shit.

If you support gay rights you would not have used "referring to me as gay" as a joke as you did.

And my PMing was nothing more than telling you to delete your posts where you changed my post and then quoted it with the changes.

If you were comfortable with your own sexual preference, you wouldn't have run crying like a bitch to the mods and then PM'd me begging me to not call you out as gay.

Let me say it one more time:

I support your right to be gay and find that special someone. I'm just not interested because I'm a heterosexual.

Seriously dude.

That's rude.

Oh...I get it...you want to be adversarial.

Go for it.

I expect the private secotr to have greedy individuals. Just as it has ethical ones. I do not condone the greed. I accept it as human nature.

However I expect my elected officials to do the right thing. When they dont, I blame them.

As for my "stupid" analogy....

If my 26 year old son was drunk and asked me for the keys to my car and I gave them to him......who is wrong...the one who is guided by his drunkness....or the one who has a repsonsibility to do the right thing and not guided by anything but my responsibilities?

I ask again....why do you think it is apporpriate to use homosexuality as a means to make a joke or cast an insult?

I don't see Homosexuality as an insult.

And neither should you.

Just accept who you are and what you are.

You will be much happier.

Did you reach out to that other guy in the thread who likes you?

Housing starts up 29%

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. housing industry -- crucial to any jobs recovery -- showed more signs of strength, according to two reports issued Wednesday. The Census Bureau said housing starts and permits rose substantially in August. Separately, sales of previously occupied homes climbed 7.8% from a year ago, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Builders started on new homes at an annual rate of 750,000, up 29.1% compared with a year earlier. They applied to build another 803,000 new homes on an annual basis, a 24.5% jump compared with August 2011.

Car sales up 13%

NEW YORK (CNMoney) -- U.S. car buyers flooded showrooms in September, sending auto sales to their highest level in more than four years. Overall sales were were up 13% from a year ago, according to sales tracker Autodata, which put the pace of sales at an annual rate of just under 15 million vehicles.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/19/real_estate/home-construction/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/02/news/companies/car-sales/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I don't see Homosexuality as an insult.

And neither should you.

Just accept who you are and what you are.

You will be much happier.

Did you reach out to that other guy in the thread who likes you?
lol...love the hidden message in bold. Creative. Well done.

Now...seeing as you dont know me....and seeing as you dont know my sexual orientation......

Then it is pretty obvious that you see referring to someone as "gay" as an insult.

You know...like children do.

Forum List

Back