Unemployment Down to 7.8%

you beat me to it.

Thats what was said last year...we added jobs every month this year...last year's seasonals seemed to have stuck on somewhat.

we did not add jobs every month this year.

When 115K are hired....but 130K needed to break even....we have a loss of 15K....

if you want to debate the topic, you need to be honest.

However...I agree....this has nothing to do with seasonal hiring. Seasonal hiring takes place in mid october.

To break even with what?

ha ha

So much for the GOP's 8% UE talking point.

Unleash the conspiracy theories!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the numbers a bit. Only 114K new jobs.

Bad.

Plus an upward revision for August. I suspect, based on the ADP numbers, there'll be an upward revision for September as well. There's always going to be a revision when ADP reports more than BLS.

I love how the right wingers all try and say these numbers are false.. But, when they are in favor of their agenda the numbers are touted.

Same with the poll numbers.. When their guy was winning it was thrown around and touted, now that he is down in the polls there is a conspiracy against the Neocons.

Simple minded, they are.

I love how the right wingers all try and say these numbers are false.. But, when they are in favor of their agenda the numbers are touted.

Same with the poll numbers.. When their guy was winning it was thrown around and touted, now that he is down in the polls there is a conspiracy against the Neocons.

Simple minded, they are.

No one says the UE numbers are false, merely misleading. If workforce participation were equal to what it was the day Obama took office the actual UE number would be way north of 10%.

Simple minded, they are.
Don't tell me you didn't expect the unemployment numbers to not come down right before the election? Don't tell me that you are that stupid.
Give me some credible information to justify the drop.
And don';t use the BLS bull shit.

Thats what was said last year...we added jobs every month this year...last year's seasonals seemed to have stuck on somewhat.

we did not add jobs every month this year.

When 115K are hired....but 130K needed to break even....we have a loss of 15K....

if you want to debate the topic, you need to be honest.

However...I agree....this has nothing to do with seasonal hiring. Seasonal hiring takes place in mid october.

To break even with what?

if you do not hire 130K people in a month, you have a net loss of jobs....for you need to take into consideration people that were fired, layed off and population growth.

Simple minded, they are.

No one says the UE numbers are false, merely misleading. If workforce participation were equal to what it was the day Obama took office the actual UE number would be way north of 10%.
You can call it what you want doesn't change the fact
THE NUMBERS ARE COOKED:eusa_whistle:

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month..

Your math sucks. Table A1
Total Employment went from 142,101,000 to 142,974,000 (increase of 873,000)
Unemployed went from 12,544,000 to 12,088,000 (decrease of 456,000)
People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

So there are FEWER people who want a job and don't have one (686,000 fewer)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

Was not a net loss.

Did they 'oversample' again?

Or are scientists sending nasty emails?

Which conspiracy is this, I forget....

Wait, wait... I know. Acorn did it in the Conservatory with funding from Soros and Clooney.:eusa_whistle:

Simple minded, they are.

Here's why you're blowing smoke out your ass. It's been predicted for the last 20 years that there'd be a drop in the workforce when the boomers started to retire. Until you can account for that, stuff it.

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month..

Your math sucks. Table A1
Total Employment went from 142,101,000 to 142,974,000 (increase of 873,000)
Unemployed went from 12,544,000 to 12,088,000 (decrease of 456,000)
People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

So there are FEWER people who want a job and don't have one (686,000 fewer)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

And here we have pinqy using the source that COOKS the numbers to justify why someone is wrong.:eusa_whistle:

Did they 'oversample' again?

Or are scientists sending nasty emails?

Which conspiracy is this, I forget....

Wait, wait... I know. Acorn did it in the Conservatory with funding from Soros and Clooney.:eusa_whistle:

The conspiracy is you have a brain. I'm thinking you don't surprise me how about it.

I'll get excited about it if it stays below 8% for a few months.
But i have a feeling it'll be right back up there next month....JUST before the elections! Lol!

End the race. Obama won. Romney should just quit.

That was a month ago.

But Obama allowed him to save a little face in the first debate.

Translation: Romney stomped on Obama and used him for a blow up fuck doll.

Not at all. It was rope a dope. Virtually every media is debunking the lies, flip-flopping, and Romney shaking his Etch-A-Sketch. Romney may get a slight temporary bump for his speed freak rant, but he's going to solidify people who pay attention to bullshit.

Forum List

Back