Unemployment Down to 7.8%

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

Last edited:
Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

I have been saying for 2 years that this administration would find a way
to get a good UE number right before the election....

I love being right.

See what I mean. :lol::lol:

Yeah, I was hopeful until I saw the 114,000 new jobs. We need 160,000 just to stay even, that means that a ton of people have stopped looking. Sheeee-it. Not good.

The analyst I was watching, some guy named Payne or Paine was skeptical and said it won't stand come the revisions.

Yeah, I was hopeful until I saw the 114,000 new jobs. We need 160,000 just to stay even, that means that a ton of people have stopped looking. Sheeee-it. Not good.

The analyst I was watching, some guy named Payne or Paine was skeptical and said it won't stand come the revisions.

Yeah, hard to say. Thing is, very few pay attention to revisions...

ha ha

So much for the GOP's 8% UE talking point.

Unleash the conspiracy theories!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the numbers a bit. Only 114K new jobs.

Bad.

I know what the numbers are. I also know that the rightwing propaganda machine has been trying to simplistically milk that 8% number for propaganda purposes for about 3 years;

now they can try to dance with that shoe on the other foot.

Yeah, hard to say. Thing is, very few pay attention to revisions...

Unemployment Rate Falls to 7.8% in September: BLS Unemployment Rate and Jobs Report for September On Friday After First Presidential Debate

But it will be released just prior to the election and if it's up...not good for Obama.

Did you miss the part where the July and August numbers were revised upwards?

Forum List

Back