Unemployment Down to 7.8%

Government got bigger. More people opted for part time work. Then there will be the revisions which always makes the back page.

It's not like new companies are starting or industry is humming.

You must have missed the part where manufacturers are moving back to the US, the auto industry has been re-vitalized and the stock market is back to pre-meltdown levels.

OK bro....if you feel you can do as you please regardless of the rules....well...you are no better than those you champion against.

Making you not only a liar (your claim to be a former fox news employee)....but a hypocrite as well.

He was stalking and harassing me until I put him on ignore. Seems he's found you now as his next "stalkee". He's simply a POS who needs to be banned, not reprimanded. He likes to mention other boards? Other boards would have banned his ass as a Troll after his first 3 posts. That's a fact.

No one can harrass me...or you for that matter...on this board. He can stalk all he wants, but he is meaning less in th eoverall scheme of things.

Like I said, he is likely some 35 year old guy in Mommy's basement sitting in his underwear pounding on the keyboard of his supercharged computer.

I pity him more than I care about him.

I'm with you and I hear you loud and clear. :clap2:

Jack Welch: Obama Cooking the Books on Jobs

Friday, 05 Oct 2012 09:17 AM
By Forrest Jones

The U.S. economy added a net 114,000 jobs in September, while the unemployment rate fell to a surprisingly low 7.8 percent, a number former GE boss Jack Welch described as cooked up by the Obama administration.

The September jobs number brought the unemployment rate below 8 percent for the first time in about four years.

Total employment rose by 873,000 in September, following three months of little change, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

"Unbelievable jobs numbers ... these Chicago guys will do anything ... can't debate so change numbers," Welch said on his Twitter page, referring to President Barack Obama's performance in the first presidential debate earlier this week.

Other experts expressed similar surprise

"It's a little confusing, to be honest with you. The number of jobs created wasn't that high but the unemployment rate came down and the participation rate went up a little bit, so it's confusing," said Ron Florance, managing director of investment strategy for Wells Fargo Private Bank in Scottsdale, Arizona, according to Reuters.

"All in all, it doesn't change the trajectory of what the jobs environment has been really for the last year. We continue to increase jobs but not at a rate that is fast enough to significantly change the unemployment picture for American workers."

Revisions to previous data showed hefty improvements as well.

August figures were revised up to 142,000 from 96,000, while July's figures were revised up to 181,000 jobs created from 141,000.

Jack Welch: Obama Cooking the Books on Jobs

Last edited:
How convenient. Obama has a bad debate so the put out fake unemployment numbers. What a lying scum bag government he's running.

The U-6 unemployment number, which accounts for the underemployed and those who have given up looking for jobs, held steady at 14.7 percent.

OK bro....if you feel you can do as you please regardless of the rules....well...you are no better than those you champion against.

Making you not only a liar (your claim to be a former fox news employee)....but a hypocrite as well.

He was stalking and harassing me until I put him on ignore. Seems he's found you now as his next "stalkee". He's simply a POS who needs to be banned, not reprimanded. He likes to mention other boards? Other boards would have banned his ass as a Troll after his first 3 posts. That's a fact.

No one can harrass me...or you for that matter...on this board. He can stalk all he wants, but he is meaning less in th eoverall scheme of things.

Stalking? Harassing? You're the one PMing me!!

Please stop PMing me.

I'm not interest in you.

I fully support gay rights and gay marriage, but I'm a happily married heterosexual.

So where did those .4% get disappeared to?

They stopped looking.

And your answer is what?

The first Obama stimulus was successful in keeping cops, firefighters, and teachers on the payroll. Now that everything's been frozen since 2010, those folks are losing their jobs. And the Fed is giving money to rich folks in the "hope" the private sector will pick up the slack. It has..but very very slowly.

So what would you do?

Look at it this way....

If you have a hole in a boat...and as you plug the hole, you make oither holes.....plugging the hole will do very little for you.

Yes, the tax cuts were continued, but more rehulations to appease the far left were implemented; The Affordable Care law was lassed; and cap and treade is still in the dialogue.

So telling business owners...."here, we gave you more of your earned income, but we are taking it from you in other ways" will result in business owners doing exactly what they are doing....waiting to see how much Helathcare will cost them per employee and whether or not cap and trade is pushed through when Obama no longer cares about re-election.

A decision to hire is based on an analysis of cost to hire and return of the hire...coupled with any other anticipated INCREASE in operating costs.

Stalking? Harassing? You're the one PMing me!!

Please stop PMing me.

I'm not interest in you.

I fully support gay rights and gay marriage, but I'm a happily married heterosexual.

actually, you are full of shit.

If you support gay rights you would not have used "referring to me as gay" as a joke as you did.

And my PMing was nothing more than telling you to delete your posts where you changed my post and then quoted it with the changes.

For all of the cons that think Obama is the most incompetent President of all time but that he is also cooking the books, please explain how he has managed to get an entire government department to fall in line on this.

No. That it has taken that long and the UE rate is still higher than the day he took office is testament to his incompetance and the failure of his policies.
Thanks for pointing this out!

Participation Rate is still way to low. Real unemployment still above 11%. Only 114,000 jobs added in Sept which means the rate will likely be revised back above 8% next month.

Nothing new I said months ago unemployment would be below 8% by election time.
No job growth or very little but we are lowering the unemployment numbers. People need to get a clue.

actually, you are full of shit.

If you support gay rights you would not have used "referring to me as gay" as a joke as you did.

And my PMing was nothing more than telling you to delete your posts where you changed my post and then quoted it with the changes.

If you were comfortable with your own sexual preference, you wouldn't have run crying like a bitch to the mods and then PM'd me begging me to not call you out as gay.

Let me say it one more time:

I support your right to be gay and find that special someone. I'm just not interested because I'm a heterosexual.

Forum List

Back