Unemployment Down to 7.8%

The Unemployment Rate is now lower than when Obama took office. The October report shows 7.8% based on 800,000 new jobs.

Employment Situation Summary

Gallup and ADP employment greats are shown to have been treading downward, supported in the National Data!

Romney's Tax Rate lies--he is at 13% not at 50% like in his misperception debate story--are not like this report at all!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Mainly, according to Romney-Ryan, however: "It's the Big Bird, Stupid!")

Liar- Many are part time $8.00 an hour jobs ,and millions have just gave up .....

Remember when Bush was in office and the Democrats complained that all Bush's new jobs were low wage. Now, with Obama they have lowered the bar and don't care about wages, just getting a job is tough enough.

I also remember the media, when Bush was president, hanging out at gas stations and interviewing people while gas prices were at three dollars.

ha ha

So much for the GOP's 8% UE talking point.

Unleash the conspiracy theories!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you denying that it's likely to be Adjusted back up?...

The July and Aug numbers were adjusted to reflect they were better than reported--

Yes, things are getting better.

After Nov. 6 when Obama wins, we can start tossing out the Teabags.

The Tea needs to be dumped in the sewer they crawled out of.

I like the conspiracy theory that this administration has control and ability to alter UE numbers. Funny as fawk.

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month..

Your math sucks. Table A1
Total Employment went from 142,101,000 to 142,974,000 (increase of 873,000)
Unemployed went from 12,544,000 to 12,088,000 (decrease of 456,000)
People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

So there are FEWER people who want a job and don't have one (686,000 fewer)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

Still leaving an unacceptably high rate of 7.8%. :cool:

The July and Aug numbers were adjusted to reflect they were better than reported--

well...now you cant deny that you were on line....you saw my requests...you ignored them. You have been reported...for no other reason than taking my post and changing it...and then quoting it.

An unethical use of this site.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

We are still losing jobs under democrats!

Data extracted on: October 5, 2012 (8:48:45 AM)

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rateType of data:
Percent or rateAge: 16 years and over

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2002_2012_all_period_M09_data.gif

Democrats took power January 1, 2007. Just look at their disaster!
fredgraph.png

Wait a second....I keep hearing that "government doesn't create jobs" But yet here you are blaming it all on Democrats. Mighty convenient for you, isn't it?

The economic collapse is what caused this and no matter who is in office, it would have been a long term fix.

The economic collapse was the fault of not one side or the other....both had their hands in it. The factors were bi-partisan. When Glass-Steagall was repealed, the GOP sponsored the bill, and Clinton signed it into law. When NAFTA was put into place, once again the GOP sponsored it, Clinton signed it into law.

In 2001, GWB gave China most favored nation status....which means a permanent trade partner. And once again, America suffered.

So with banks largely de-regulated, manufacturing leaving town for slave labor rates and brand new state of the art factories that China builds on THEIR dime.

The collapse came. The days of wine and roses were over....there's plenty of blame to go around....it isn't just the GOP, it isn't just the Dems.

In fact, the private sector has 1000X more to with this shit than either political party. They are the ones that lobby for this stuff, they are the ones that are, by far....the largest group of campaign donors....They buy the rules that help them and leave the rest of us to rot....they have no loyalty, patriotism, or love of this nation....they are only concerned with power and money.

ha ha

So much for the GOP's 8% UE talking point.

Unleash the conspiracy theories!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

No, things aren't getting better but you keep sniffing the pixie dust.

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month..

People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

Every report that comes out will be spun scrutinized and over analyzed.

It's the mathematics we've been using for years, and all we do is guage the numbers as how they measure up with past years - and so the over-analyzing of the numbers is meaningless as a comparison without doing so historically, year by year and month by month.

In other words, 7.8% is the number to compare historically. all else is spinning when not compared to said history.

It's the mathematics we've been using for years, and all we do is guage the numbers as how they measure up with past years - and so the over-analyzing of the numbers is meaningless as a comparison without doing so historically, year by year and month by month.

In other words, 7.8% is the number to compare historically. all else is spinning when not compared to said history.

historically that is BAD! Bad compared to the Obama years its good.

We are still losing jobs under democrats!

Data extracted on: October 5, 2012 (8:48:45 AM)

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rateType of data:
Percent or rateAge: 16 years and over

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2002_2012_all_period_M09_data.gif

Democrats took power January 1, 2007. Just look at their disaster!
fredgraph.png

Wait a second....I keep hearing that "government doesn't create jobs" But yet here you are blaming it all on Democrats. Mighty convenient for you, isn't it?

The economic collapse is what caused this and no matter who is in office, it would have been a long term fix.

The economic collapse was the fault of not one side or the other....both had their hands in it. The factors were bi-partisan. When Glass-Steagall was repealed, the GOP sponsored the bill, and Clinton signed it into law. When NAFTA was put into place, once again the GOP sponsored it, Clinton signed it into law.

In 2001, GWB gave China most favored nation status....which means a permanent trade partner. And once again, America suffered.

So with banks largely de-regulated, manufacturing leaving town for slave labor rates and brand new state of the art factories that China builds on THEIR dime.

The collapse came. The days of wine and roses were over....there's plenty of blame to go around....it isn't just the GOP, it isn't just the Dems.

In fact, the private sector has 1000X more to with this shit than either political party. They are the ones that lobby for this stuff, they are the ones that are, by far....the largest group of campaign donors....They buy the rules that help them and leave the rest of us to rot....they have no loyalty, patriotism, or love of this nation....they are only concerned with power and money.

I agree with much of your post.

However, the part I boplded took away much of its credibility.

I do not blame the ones who bribe. I blame the ones who take the bribe.

The private sector can do anything they want to try to get congress to make decisions in their favor.

Once congress makes those decisions, I blame congress.

When my son asked for the keys to the car when he was 12.....was he wrong for asking or would I have been the wrong one if I gave them to him?

A slight drop in the rate is all they have to cheer after Dear Leader's piss-poor showing the other night.

Obama is about to issue a statement in a few minutes. He will be mighty proud of 7.8% :cool:

well...now you cant deny that you were on line....you saw my requests...

I politely explained that I'm heterosexual.

Get over it, dude.

There are boards where you can meet that special someone, sparky.

:cool::cool::cool:

OK bro....if you feel you can do as you please regardless of the rules....well...you are no better than those you champion against.

Making you not only a liar (your claim to be a former fox news employee)....but a hypocrite as well.

Right, I wasn't saying any different. Historically it's bad, but it's definitely an improvement in comparison to the last 44mos.

well...now you cant deny that you were on line....you saw my requests...

Get over it, dude.

OK bro....if you feel you can do as you please regardless of the rules....well...you are no better than those you champion against.

Making you not only a liar (your claim to be a former fox news employee)....but a hypocrite as well.

He was stalking and harassing me until I put him on ignore. Seems he's found you now as his next "stalkee". He's simply a POS who needs to be banned, not reprimanded. He likes to mention other boards? Other boards would have banned his ass as a Troll after his first 3 posts. That's a fact.

Government got bigger. More people opted for part time work. Then there will be the revisions which always makes the back page.

It's not like new companies are starting or industry is humming.

So where did those .4% get disappeared to?

They stopped looking.

And your answer is what?

The first Obama stimulus was successful in keeping cops, firefighters, and teachers on the payroll. Now that everything's been frozen since 2010, those folks are losing their jobs. And the Fed is giving money to rich folks in the "hope" the private sector will pick up the slack. It has..but very very slowly.

So what would you do?

So where did those .4% get disappeared to?

They stopped looking.

And your answer is what?

The first Obama stimulus was successful in keeping cops, firefighters, and teachers on the payroll. Now that everything's been frozen since 2010, those folks are losing their jobs. And the Fed is giving money to rich folks in the "hope" the private sector will pick up the slack. It has..but very very slowly.

So what would you do?

"And the Fed is giving money to rich folks"

Would you link to where you found that please?

Get over it, dude.

He was stalking and harassing me until I put him on ignore. Seems he's found you now as his next "stalkee". He's simply a POS who needs to be banned, not reprimanded. He likes to mention other boards? Other boards would have banned his ass as a Troll after his first 3 posts. That's a fact.

No one can harrass me...or you for that matter...on this board. He can stalk all he wants, but he is meaning less in th eoverall scheme of things.

Like I said, he is likely some 35 year old guy in Mommy's basement sitting in his underwear pounding on the keyboard of his supercharged computer.

I pity him more than I care about him.

Forum List

Back