Unemployment Down to 7.8%

Probably seasonal hiring is all. They have started where I am at. Still a pretty dramatic drop.. Wonder why the REAL unemployment numbers never come out??
Democratic plan for jobs : quit looking (tit suckers)
Republican plan for jobs : create

Wow Obama is one pathetic human. Can't debate so cheat the numbers.

Probably seasonal hiring is all. They have started where I am at. Still a pretty dramatic drop.. Wonder why the REAL unemployment numbers never come out??

UE accounts for seasonal and is adjusted.

We all know the Obama Administration is cooking the books and that the real unemployment rate is around 75%.

kenobi.jpg

You stormtroopers are so stupid and easy to fool.

JACK WELCH: Obama Skewing Jobs Report Numbers - Business Insider

"Simple math for you idiots......22,500,000 unemployed in a workforce total of 145,000,000. adding 114,000 jobs brings the unemployment rate down .3%. How many people left the workforce, how convenient to leave that out? How many new jobs do you need to create just to keep up with population growth - 125,000/mth. Obama is a complete and abject failure/liar who will do anything to keep his free house, copter, and jet. "

Last edited:
It's amazing that the right is unhappy that unemployment is going down. Shows you where their priorities are.

Ace....let me explain something to you...

The unemployment numbers are inaccurate for all administrations....it does not reflect anything real other than the basics...and more often than not, they are revised in a negative direction.

The most important number...and the most telling number...and the most accurate number....is NEW HIRES.

As a country...taking into consideration new entrants into the job market....we need 130K new jobs a month to not have a net loss of jobs.

Anything less than 130K new jobs means there are more people not working that want to work.

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month.

That is not a good thing.

Did you miss the part where July and August were revised up? People not looking is down and the unemployment rate is down. How is this not a good thing?

We had much less hires in September than we did in July. We need 130K hires to have a "break even" month....which means there are 15K MORE people this month that cant find a job than last month.

Unemployment numbers are like polls....you need to review all of the data to make an educated analysis.

I look at unemployment rate as well as "new hires".....I also look at "underemployment"...and then I take into consideration "seasonal hiring" of which was not a factor in September.

FYI...seasonal hiring takes place in mid may through mid Augst....and then again mid October through mid february....

The important months to analyze ar march and September....the last month of the first quarter and the last month of the third quarter.

Now...I realize many will say I am full of shit....but I am now a rtetired human resources solutionist here in the NYC metropolitan area.....analyzing numbers such as these was part of my job.

Of course it is... Department Stores have to gear up for people spending their Welfare checks on Christmas presents.

114, 000 jobs expected, 114, 000 jobs added. 8.2 percent unemployment expected some how 7.8 percent is what it is. Wow more fraudulent numbers from a fraudulent administration. What a joke. I bet Obama voters are dumb enough to believe.
Hey, all Americans want right now is an ObamaPhone and MFL Footsbawl.

Nothing else matters.

The Unemployment Rate is now lower than when Obama took office. The October report shows 7.8% based on 800,000 new jobs.

Employment Situation Summary

Gallup and ADP employment greats are shown to have been treading downward, supported in the National Data!

Romney's Tax Rate lies--he is at 13% not at 50% like in his misperception debate story--are not like this report at all!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Mainly, according to Romney-Ryan, however: "It's the Big Bird, Stupid!")

Liar- Many are part time, $8.00 an hour jobs, and millions have just gave up .....
Lets repeat that so the libtards get a second chance to read it. Maybe it will sink in to one or two before the rest of them continue to spread this bull shit as if it was good news.

Last edited:
7.8 percent is pathetic by the way ... Just sounds better than over 8 percent which it still is.

We all know the Obama Administration is cooking the books and that the real unemployment rate is around 75%.

No no its at 1555% :lol:

Just look at the number of TOTAL employed and the size of the TOTAL workforce.

I've long since abandoned looking at the "percent" and have focused on the actual numbers as they tell you the true tale. I wont even interpret them on you so that you can go look for yourself without some hack on the right or left's spin.

bls.gov said:
The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as involuntary part-time workers) rose from 8.0 million in August to 8.6 million in September. These individuals were working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job. (See table A-8.)
http://bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

I'm not sure if your 75% was sarcasm or something else but try just digging into the numbers and facts yourself and you will see what I saw. You can start at bls.gov instead of my link to the pdf if you want to browse around.

Last edited:
wait seawytch.....steady job growth?

We had less hires in september than we did in August. How is that steady job growth?

Isn't she a teacher??? O.M.G!! :eek:

OMG...no she isn't! She's still smart enough to know that we are adding jobs, not losing them as we were when President Obama took office. Back then it was 700,000 jobs a month we were shedding. Housing is starting to come back, the stock market is more than doubled what it was four years ago, corporate profits have returned to their pre-recession levels. What a communist this Obama guy is... :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, I thought you were. Thank God your not!! Whew!! :D

We have 15K MORE people not working this month that want to work than we did last month..

Your math sucks. Table A1
Total Employment went from 142,101,000 to 142,974,000 (increase of 873,000)
Unemployed went from 12,544,000 to 12,088,000 (decrease of 456,000)
People Not in the Labor Force who want a job now (but aren't looking and/or aren't available) went from 6,957,000 to 6,727,000 (decrease of 230,000)

So there are FEWER people who want a job and don't have one (686,000 fewer)

The 114,000 change is Non farm payroll jobs, NOT total employment, and is not used to calculate the UE rate.

The Unemployment Rate is now lower than when Obama took office. The October report shows 7.8% based on 800,000 new jobs.

Employment Situation Summary

Gallup and ADP employment greats are shown to have been treading downward, supported in the National Data!

Romney's Tax Rate lies--he is at 13% not at 50% like in his misperception debate story--are not like this report at all!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Mainly, according to Romney-Ryan, however: "It's the Big Bird, Stupid!")

Liar- Many are part time $8.00 an hour jobs ,and millions have just gave up .....

Remember when Bush was in office and the Democrats complained that all Bush's new jobs were low wage. Now, with Obama they have lowered the bar and don't care about wages, just getting a job is tough enough.

Forum List

Back