Under Romney, Bain Made Money off of Disposed Fetuses

One problem with this issue is that it's not an issue.

It was 1999 when Bain invested in this company. Romney wasn't against abortion at that time. Governor Romney only became Pro Life in 2004.

It was 1999 when Bain invested in this company. Romney wasn't against abortion at that time. Governor Romney only became Pro Life in 2004.

That, and the fact that investors don't micromanage corporations, and are seldom aware of every little detail that corporation is, or is not involved in... But anything to take the spotlight off Obama and Solyndra, regardless of honesty and factual information seems to be the left's "modi operandi".

And this is supposed to reflect negatively on Romney how?

As compared to Obama and the liberal agenda regarding the whole abortion debate?

If Obama threw millions of our tax dollars at Stericycle, he would be cheered.

The more Liberals don't change, the more they stay the same.

That, and the fact that investors don't micromanage corporations, and are seldom aware of every little detail that corporation is, or is not involved in... But anything to take the spotlight off Obama and Solyndra, regardless of honesty and factual information seems to be the left's "modi operandi".

This is such a stretch even for liberals. This would be like claiming that if a conservative bought a poinsettia supplied to one's favorite store by the Ecke Nursery, that all of a sudden that purchase made you pro choice.

(For those that don't know the Ecke family is a huge Planned Parenthood donor. )

Really?

"Earlier this year, Mitt Romney nearly landed in a politically perilous controversy when the Huffington Post reported that in 1999 the GOP presidential candidate had been part of an investment group that invested $75 million in Stericycle, a medical-waste disposal firm that has been attacked by anti-abortion groups for disposing aborted fetuses collected from family planning clinics."

"The SEC filing lists assorted Bain-related entities that were part of the deal, including Bain Capital (BCI), Bain Capital Partners VI (BCP VI), Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors (a Bermuda-based Bain affiliate), and Brookside Capital Investors (a Bain offshoot). And it notes that Romney was the "sole shareholder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of BCI, BCP VI Inc., Brookside Inc. and Sankaty Ltd."

"The document also states that Romney "may be deemed to share voting and dispositive power with respect to" 2,116,588 shares of common stock in Stericycle "in his capacity as sole shareholder" of the Bain entities that invested in the company. That was about 11 percent of the outstanding shares of common stock....The original copy of the filing was signed by Romney....Another SEC document filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds "voting and dispositive power" with respect to the stock owned by Bain. If Romney had fully retired from the private equity firm he founded, why would he be the only Bain executive named as the person in control of this large amount of Stericycle stock?"

Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show | Mother Jones

Disposing of aborted fetuses isn't very "green."

Can't we at least compost them and make bio-diesel?

We can turn bad life decisions into renewable energy...

This may very well institute a bio-feticide race among countries. China obviously would have the upper hand. We may have to invade that country if we ourselves encounter a deficit.

I can hear it now... "NO BLOOD FOR BIO-FETICIDEROCARBONS"!

Really?

"Earlier this year, Mitt Romney nearly landed in a politically perilous controversy when the Huffington Post reported that in 1999 the GOP presidential candidate had been part of an investment group that invested $75 million in Stericycle, a medical-waste disposal firm that has been attacked by anti-abortion groups for disposing aborted fetuses collected from family planning clinics."

"The SEC filing lists assorted Bain-related entities that were part of the deal, including Bain Capital (BCI), Bain Capital Partners VI (BCP VI), Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors (a Bermuda-based Bain affiliate), and Brookside Capital Investors (a Bain offshoot). And it notes that Romney was the "sole shareholder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of BCI, BCP VI Inc., Brookside Inc. and Sankaty Ltd."

"The document also states that Romney "may be deemed to share voting and dispositive power with respect to" 2,116,588 shares of common stock in Stericycle "in his capacity as sole shareholder" of the Bain entities that invested in the company. That was about 11 percent of the outstanding shares of common stock....The original copy of the filing was signed by Romney....Another SEC document filed November 30, 1999, by Stericycle also names Romney as an individual who holds "voting and dispositive power" with respect to the stock owned by Bain. If Romney had fully retired from the private equity firm he founded, why would he be the only Bain executive named as the person in control of this large amount of Stericycle stock?"

Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show | Mother Jones

And that (see highlight above^) is why you fail. I will be honest... I stopped reading after "the Huffington Post reported", because quite frankly... I refuse to be swayed by partisan hack sites that vainly attempt to refer to themselves as journalists, when they are nothing but pawns to parrot what their handlers see fit to spin on the unsuspecting public. Knowing the type of drivel that originates from Huffpo, I refuse to waste my time disseminating anything that they put forth as facts. And anyone who links to sites such as that, I tend not to take very seriously... Sort of like tragic humor. Tragic in that so many people allow themselves to be brainwashed by that sort of ideological drivel.

The Chinese have been recycling the aborted into" healing pills".

This week the South Korean customs department revealed it had foiled 35 attempts to smuggle these ‘human-flesh pills’ across its border and seized more than 17,000 of them from China in just nine months. The contraband was either taken into the country in passengers’ luggage or posted in parcels registered as traditional Chinese herbal medicines.

This grotesquely unsavoury industry appears to cash in on China’s strict family planning laws, which limit most families to just one child each and are said to result in 13 million abortions a year, the equivalent of more than 35,000 terminations a day.

The country, which has a population of more than 1.3 billion, is said to have ‘dying rooms’ in hospitals where unwanted newborn babies are abandoned to perish. Those trying to avoid a huge fine for violating the one-child laws have even been known to commit outright infanticide.

Now, unscrupulous pharmacists, hospital workers and even the relatives of those having abortions are making money from archaic beliefs that consuming infant cells can cure and rejuvenate us.

This bizarre notion dates back hundreds of years to China’s Ming dynasty. And the belief if that the nearer the foetus is to its birth date, the more healing properties it harbours.

A truly monstrous medicine: The Mail investigates China's gruesome human baby flesh pills | Mail Online

could a mod merge this with the existing thread please? Thanks.

That kind of post makes it clear the right wingers want this damning evidence against Willard swept under the rug, and I don't blame you :D

No... People get tired of losers spamming the site with the same tired talking points they already attempted to prove, and got their asses handed to them in other threads covering the same subject. Then they change the title a little, and pretend the facts that owned them already in the other thread will magically disappear, and their lunacy will somehow be proven right the second time around... Problem is, people here are smarter than that. I don't blame you for trying, but remember this isn't your OWS tent, and unlike that OWS tent -you aren't the smartest guy in the room.

This may very well institute a bio-feticide race among countries. China obviously would have the upper hand. We may have to invade that country if we ourselves encounter a deficit.

I can hear it now... "NO BLOOD FOR BIO-FETICIDEROCARBONS"!

laugh3.gif

I stopped reading after "the Huffington Post reported", because quite frankly... I refuse to be swayed by partisan hack sites that vainly attempt to refer to themselves as journalists

Just read a partisan hack site from the other side. There are fewer of them but you can still find them.

I stopped reading after "the Huffington Post reported", because quite frankly... I refuse to be swayed by partisan hack sites that vainly attempt to refer to themselves as journalists

Just read a partisan hack site from the other side. There are fewer of them but you can still find them.

They exist on both sides. The trick is to read them both, then head overseas to a Global news source, and usually the REAL truth falls into place.

They exist on both sides. The trick is to read them both, then head overseas to a Global news source, and usually the REAL truth falls into place.

Yeah, that's what I said. There are fewer on the right because there are fewer right-leaning news sources in general.

Evidence of what? Romney didn't become pro life till 2004. 5 years later. So what's he guilty of?

"Didn't become" you mean flip flopped? :lmao:

Willard is guilty of being an etch-a-sketch moron that has every and no stance all at the same time. No wonder you GOP'ers were having a new "anyone but Romney" front runner every other week during the primaries, he is an f'in joke.

Forum List

Back