Obama doubles down- again!

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
By MICHAEL J. BOSKIN

President Obama should put Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations" at the top of his summer reading list. This was clear after listening to his 54-minute list of economic excuses and policy proposals delivered earlier this month on the campus of Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland.

At times Mr. Obama suggested that the profit motive is somehow ignoble, an opinion shared by many on the far left. But every student learns in introductory economics class that the pursuit of profits is essential to a successful economy, allocating resources to the use consumers value most.

This is not exactly a new insight. Writing in 1776, Adam Smith noted, "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we can expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

The president spent nearly an hour demonizing his Republican opponent Mitt Romney's economic policies and doubling down on his own failed agenda. He called for higher taxes on our most productive citizens and successful small businesses, more government spending and debt, and Washington micromanagement of wide swaths of the economy.

Instead of doubling down, Mr. Obama could have seen his party's 2010 midterm defeat as a message from voters to move to the center, announcing that his vast expansion of government was temporary and necessitated by the financial crisis and deep recession.

That's similar to what President Clinton did after his 1994 midterm rebuke that swept Republicans to control of Congress and led to bipartisan agreement to balance the budget and reform welfare. Mr. Clinton won re-election handily.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303561504577494382148546066.html?mod=hp_opinion

I use my invisible hand to stroke my translucent cock.

Nice rep buddy....

Oh, you mean the meaningless green or red shit over there in upper-left? Is that some new standard by which the Almighty Yoda will judge us? Do I get IRL money for having a really high rep rank? I guess I'm trying to ascertain from you just how much of a fuck I should give.

I use my invisible hand to stroke my translucent cock.

Nice rep buddy....

Oh, you mean the meaningless green or red shit over there in upper-left? Is that some new standard by which the Almighty Yoda will judge us? Do I get IRL money for having a really high rep rank? I guess I'm trying to ascertain from you just how much of a fuck I should give.

Not to ruin your rant or anything-but that would be "upper right".

carry on~

Obama is tone deaf and an ideological moron. BUH-BYE Mr. President

Is it any wonder that recent polls show the majority of Americans disapprove of the president's economic policies and are asking why his explosion of spending and debt has done so little good. Mr. Obama claims that when he took office nobody knew just how deep this recession really was. Not so. I and other economists said it was going to be the worst recession in a generation, and immediately after the 2008 election urged him to temporarily set aside his big-government social-engineering agenda, from energy to health-care reform. Whatever their pros and cons, it was the worst possible time to add such a cost burden and uncertainty to the economy. He was mistaken in the hope the economy could withstand his change.

I understand now why people (and myself) respond to TM so much. It's natural to want to educate someone when they have shown the clearly don't have the right answer and history, facts, reality prove that you do know the answer.

For instance, TM claims the stimulus worked, and sights the CBO… Yes, the stimulus did work, it worked at floating the economy, then when the money was gone the economy fails and reflects more what it really is, and you are left with the new massive debt.

The stimulus in fact did fail to fix the economy, hence the crap economy we are still in. If the stimulus “worked,” then there would be no excuses, UE would be around 5% with no number fudging. Instead UE is only 8% and that’s only because they stop counting 300+ thousand people a month that lose their UE after the extended 2 years… almost as if it were planned….

The Obama economy is one of the worst in our countries history, yes Bush and Republicans played a big role but Dems and Obama/Clinton played about the same size role and for the last 3 and a half years Obama has been President… So currently he is the one to blame, regardless of what a poll says.

Nice rep buddy....

Not to ruin your rant or anything-but that would be "upper right".

carry on~

Yeah, that should kind of tell you how much of a fuck I already give about it.

Also, Obamacare got a 5 percent bump already among voters. Nearly a 50/50 split, which in this climate is pretty much approval. And that number will only go up as more and more people separate the bullshit Right Wing propaganda from the truth.

Support for Obama healthcare law rises after ruling | Reuters

The Obama economy is one of the worst in our countries history

Umm. How do you figure when since about six months into his first term every single economic indicator has turned upward? Yes, we all know that you Conservatives are a bunch of impatient and petulant children, but the economy IS improving, looking at every single economic indicator.

I would say the Bush economy of 2007-2009 is one of the worst. But Obama's nah, Blood, that's just spin, dawg.

Umm. How do you figure when since about six months into his first term every single economic indicator has turned upward? Yes, we all know that you Conservatives are a bunch of impatient and petulant children, but the economy IS improving, looking at every single economic indicator.

I would say the Bush economy of 2007-2009 is one of the worst. But Obama's nah, Blood, that's just spin, dawg.

Of course you would say Bush has the worst... You're a partisan Troll. Bush had a pretty shitty economy towards the end, but we're talking about 4 years of a horrid economy under Obama, unless he turns it around here in the next few months.

Anyways Bush's economic policy is near identical to Obama's.... Cut taxes and spend spend spend.

Last edited:
By MICHAEL J. BOSKIN

President Obama should put Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations" at the top of his summer reading list. This was clear after listening to his 54-minute list of economic excuses and policy proposals delivered earlier this month on the campus of Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland.

At times Mr. Obama suggested that the profit motive is somehow ignoble, an opinion shared by many on the far left. But every student learns in introductory economics class that the pursuit of profits is essential to a successful economy, allocating resources to the use consumers value most.

This is not exactly a new insight. Writing in 1776, Adam Smith noted, "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we can expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

The president spent nearly an hour demonizing his Republican opponent Mitt Romney's economic policies and doubling down on his own failed agenda. He called for higher taxes on our most productive citizens and successful small businesses, more government spending and debt, and Washington micromanagement of wide swaths of the economy.

Instead of doubling down, Mr. Obama could have seen his party's 2010 midterm defeat as a message from voters to move to the center, announcing that his vast expansion of government was temporary and necessitated by the financial crisis and deep recession.

That's similar to what President Clinton did after his 1994 midterm rebuke that swept Republicans to control of Congress and led to bipartisan agreement to balance the budget and reform welfare. Mr. Clinton won re-election handily.

Michael Boskin: Obama and 'The Wealth of Nations' - WSJ.com

I swear that should Romney have an economic policy he has kept it secret. I don't have a clue as to what it is. All I hear is repeal Obamacare.

After almost ten years of tax cuts for the rich and corporations it should be clear that this is not the way to go. Romney's personal economic history suggests he is not adverse to outsourcing and vulture capitalism.

If you have an understanding of Romney's economic policy I would surely like to hear it.

Of course you would say Bush has the worst... You're a partisan Troll. Bush had a pretty shitty economy towards the end, but we're talking about 4 years of a horrid economy under Obama, unless he turns it around here in the next few months.

Anyways Bush's economic policy is near identical to Obama's.... Cut taxes and spend spend spend.

I didn't say it was the worst, I said it was worse than Obama's, which it was. Clearly.

Pretty shitty?

He handed Obama an economic collapse

New Topics

Forum List

Back