U.S. news Florida man found guilty in parking lot shooting of unarmed black man

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I only saw information on when the defendant will be sentenced, nothing on an appeal unless that is not an available option?

Florida man found guilty in controversial 'stand your ground' trial
Aug. 24, 201901:38
Aug. 23, 2019, 8:00 PM PDT / Updated Aug. 23, 2019, 9:42 PM PDT
By Janelle Griffith and Phil Helsel
A white Florida man who fatally shot an unarmed black man during a dispute over a handicapped parking space last year was found guilty of manslaughter on Friday.

Michael Drejka, who killed Markeis McGlockton at the convenience store parking lot in Clearwater, Florida, in July 2018, told detectives he fired at McGlockton because he had been pushed to the ground and feared further attack.

Drejka was remanded into custody Friday night and is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 10. A presentencing investigation will be completed before the sentencing date.

Drejka did not testify on his own behalf. His defense attorney said Friday during closing arguments that McGlockton caused his own death by shoving Drejka and that Drejka was only protecting himself by firing his gun.

The prosecution rested its case Thursday after two days of testimony. During the trial, which was in Clearwater, the prosecution played video of Drejka's interview with Pinellas County sheriff's detectives hours after the shooting.

180724-markeis-mcglockton-red-stroke-ac-917p_e26cc98cd4acb6817b81e33e11ef994d.fit-760w.jpg

In this Thursday, July 19, 2018 image taken from surveillance video released by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Markeis McGlockton, far left, is shot by Michael Drejka during an altercation in the parking lot of a convenience store in Clearwater, Fla.Pinellas County Sheriff's Office via AP file
“I can safely say my family can rest now,” McGlockton’s father, Michael McGlockton, said Friday night after the verdict was delivered. “Now we can start putting the pieces back together and move on.”

Initially, the sheriff's office did not charge Drejka, who has a concealed weapons license, citing self-defense under the state's divisive "stand your ground" law. But almost a month later, prosecutors filed manslaughter charges against Drejka.

Prosecutors had argued that Drejka started the altercation by confronting McGlockton's girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, because she was parked with her children in the handicapped space. They also said Drejka had no reason to fire as McGlockton was retreating.
Florida man found guilty in parking lot shooting of unarmed black man

Last edited:
I guess it's now perfectly legal for these types of people to park in handicap spaces.

Obviously the law isn't a (divisive "stand your ground" law) as you can't just legally shoot someone in a parking lot over a parking space. The guy was convicted for doing such ad rightfully so.

Obviously the law isn't a (divisive "stand your ground" law) as you can't just legally shoot someone in a parking lot over a parking space. The guy was convicted for doing such ad rightfully so.

He shot him because the guy attacked him and knocked him down.

RACIST ALWAYS REFERS TO A " RACE" TITLE BY USING THE COLOR OF A PERSONS SKIN.
A NON RACIST USES WORDS LIKE THIS :
U.S. news Florida man found guilty in parking lot shooting of unarmed man.

as if that photo tells if he's white etc... sick fks

Always good to have a gun around.... As always the United States get the award as the most stressed out, mentally ill, racist idiot and of course well-armed country in the world thanks GOP.

RACIST ALWAYS REFERS TO A " RACE" TITLE BY USING THE COLOR OF A PERSONS SKIN.
A NON RACIST USES WORDS LIKE THIS :
U.S. news Florida man found guilty in parking lot shooting of unarmed man.

as if that photo tells if he's white etc... sick fks
Yeah the whole article and thread is merely race baiting and is truly "divisive"

I guess it's now perfectly legal for these types of people to park in handicap spaces.
These type of people? LOL aaarrrggghhh. By the way, the woman was sitting in the driver's seat. Is that parking or standing? At any rate stressed out white people with guns screaming at black people with children Might deserve a push..... What we have is white people with guns in Florida looking for trouble....

These type of people? LOL aaarrrggghhh. By the way, the woman was sitting in the driver's seat. Is that parking or standing? At any rate stressed out white people with guns screaming at black people with children Might deserve a push..... What we have is white people with guns in Florida looking for trouble....
I think the black man was the aggressor!

So no more shooting unarmed bumberclydes? Pity.

Just an observation here. Stand Your Ground seems to embolden people to use DPF. In a state with Duty To Retreat, a person may have thought twice about pulling his firearm given the same scenario.

Of course you do, dear.......
So he didn’t walk right up there and shove the other guy? Dear?
Just what we need, heavily-armed racist vigilantes... Let the police do their job and mind your own business. How brave, screaming at a black lady and three little kids.... What is the difference between parking and standing in a handicapped space anyway? She was sitting in the driver seat, sounds like standing to me.

Just what we need, heavily-armed racist vigilantes... Let the police do their job and mind your own business. How brave, screaming at a black lady and three little kids.... What is the difference between parking and standing in a handicapped space anyway? She was sitting in the driver seat, sounds like standing to me.
Yeah, like fucking don’t walk up and shove people down. Call the fucking police if you got something to bitch about!

Sitting sounds like standing?

He knocked the guy down for an argument over a handicapped parking spot....Little doubt before he saw the guy's Glock he would have beat his ass...but then blacks are a peaceful, endangered species, right, "dear"? The guy clearly was within his rights to shoot the piece of shit and will win on appeal.

Well, he wont be shoving anyone else violently to the ground, will he? Maybe the guy can appeal it.

Forum List

Back