You can't "Stand Your Ground" if you cross the line...

''many of the 2A''.......????
if you are pro or anti 2A, it shouldn't matter
.....so you are implying if someone illegally shoots someone, the 2A people would still be for the illegal shooting?? AND the 2A people would rather side with a shooter who illegally shoots someone?? --I totally agree....they ARE irrational/emotional/illogical/ thinking when it comes to guns
.....and I'm not anti-gun--I'm pro-common sense
..if it's a bad shooting, it's a bad shooting
....most of the cop shootings are legal --I'm not anti-cop/etc
..but if a cop is so much as verbally abusive, he should be kicked off
...if a cop shoots in self defense--good for the cop--if he doesn't, he should be charged

I am part of the 2A community, a vocal and vehemently partisan member who supports the repeal of the NFA, GCA of 68 and 86.

I assumed (correctly I might add) that my opinion of this case would not be the same as many of my peers, I felt the need to voice my opinions and observation regardless.

How about you don't assault someone who calls you out for bad parking......physically attacking someone over a parking space started this encounter...... sitting in a chair in front of a computer is a lot different than facing a guy standing over you after a violent attack....

Haha! I am guilty of that. I have gone after some dude twice m size for taking my parking spot at a Walmart a few years ago.

I love when there are some folks who park their car in the two parking spots. As if they really need one more parking spot. Especially when they are driving a small car.

Who knew a Pinto can take up two parking spots. :auiqs.jpg:

This is not the wild wild west. Civilization requires gun control sand responsibility.

The Wild West wasn't wild...because people had guns...
they TOOK the guns in the towns..you couldn't carry !!!!!

Are you really this dumb? That was one town, Tombstone.....and in the actual history, the criminals violated that law the entire time, and killed one Earp, and maimed another .... with guns, in that town.....and Doc Holiday never obeyed that law...you dipstick.....

Even if you only get your history from movies.....the movie Tombstone shows that the Cowboys simply carried guns whenever they wanted........again, murdering one Earp, with a gun, and maiming another Earp...with a gun....

You have to stop thinking movies are real life.

This is not the wild wild west. Civilization requires gun control sand responsibility.

Proof? You gun touting Nazis love to keep your guns. Just in case a you are bothered by the brown peoples.
Oh you care about brown people getting shot!? Lol have you seen Chicago lately!? Lol when will you be outraged at democrats??
Europe has less gun murders. Because they keep guns out of peoples hands. More guns = more gun deaths.
Some of The poorest towns in America the the residents all have guns and almost no murder, assimilate to our culture or move to Europe, we are a republic.. America isn’t for you. Don’t spend your life being a cry baby lol move out
What towns are those?

How about you don't assault someone who calls you out for bad parking......physically attacking someone over a parking space started this encounter...... sitting in a chair in front of a computer is a lot different than facing a guy standing over you after a violent attack....

How about you don't attack another mans wife in front of him. Which started this encounter. That punk with the gun didn't have the authority, or the right to call out anybody about anything.

Now lets see how he handles a Florida prison full of brothers that find out who he is. I bet once that story gets out of prison, the next punk with a gun thinks long and hard before confronting anyone.

Are you really this dumb? That was one town, Tombstone.....and in the actual history, the criminals violated that law the entire time, and killed one Earp, and maimed another .... with guns, in that town.....and Doc Holiday never obeyed that law...you dipstick.....

Even if you only get your history from movies.....the movie Tombstone shows that the Cowboys simply carried guns whenever they wanted........again, murdering one Earp, with a gun, and maiming another Earp...with a gun....

......I've proven all your arguments are crap--in the very least they are invalid/countered/etc
....there were a lot of outlaws/murders/etc in the old west...
...look at the Kansas-Missouri border before, during, and after the the Civil War...much murder/revenge/robbery NOT associated with the war...it had MORE killing for a longer time than the conventional Civil War killing in other ''state'' areas

''many of the 2A''.......????
if you are pro or anti 2A, it shouldn't matter
.....so you are implying if someone illegally shoots someone, the 2A people would still be for the illegal shooting?? AND the 2A people would rather side with a shooter who illegally shoots someone?? --I totally agree....they ARE irrational/emotional/illogical/ thinking when it comes to guns
.....and I'm not anti-gun--I'm pro-common sense
..if it's a bad shooting, it's a bad shooting
....most of the cop shootings are legal --I'm not anti-cop/etc
..but if a cop is so much as verbally abusive, he should be kicked off
...if a cop shoots in self defense--good for the cop--if he doesn't, he should be charged

I am part of the 2A community, a vocal and vehemently partisan member who supports the repeal of the NFA, GCA of 68 and 86.

I assumed (correctly I might add) that my opinion of this case would not be the same as many of my peers, I felt the need to voice my opinions and observation regardless.

..so your peers would usually agree with illegal shootings........??! SOLELY because a pistol was used??!!!

......I've proven all your arguments are crap--in the very least they are invalid/countered/etc
....there were a lot of outlaws/murders/etc in the old west...
...look at the Kansas-Missouri border before, during, and after the the Civil War...much murder/revenge/robbery NOT associated with the war...it had MORE killing for a longer time than the conventional Civil War killing in other ''state'' areas

Really? The turmoil after a Civil War.....that is your argument....now that you changed the goal posts...you hack......

Proof? You gun touting Nazis love to keep your guns. Just in case a you are bothered by the brown peoples.
Oh you care about brown people getting shot!? Lol have you seen Chicago lately!? Lol when will you be outraged at democrats??
Europe has less gun murders. Because they keep guns out of peoples hands. More guns = more gun deaths.
Some of The poorest towns in America the the residents all have guns and almost no murder, assimilate to our culture or move to Europe, we are a republic.. America isn’t for you. Don’t spend your life being a cry baby lol move out
What towns are those?
Bettyville Kentucky for one

Verbal confrontation is not physical confrontation.

While someone might be a jerk for jawjawing someone over some stupid crap, that does not justify physical violence.

But physically attacking someone and knocking them to the ground does justify a threat and therefore the use of a gun in self defense.

But such a situation does give gun rights advocates a chance to show their virtue and switch over to piling on the victim who is getting punished for defending themselves when attacked.

Try minding your own business. It works a hell of a lot better.

How about you don't assault someone who calls you out for bad parking...
Try minding your own business. It works a hell of a lot better.
Lets do a little mental experiment and suppose this guy was not correcting another driver for parking in a handicapped spot, but was leaving their dog in the car with the windows up all the way.

Would the nosey nagging driver be 'acting like a cop' to tell the woman to not leave her dog in the car?

And would that justify her boyfriend to assault the man?

We all as a society 'enforce' most laws by our reaction to people that break those laws, with the exception of those laws we deem trivial or unimportant.

For a handicapped person, people using handicapped spots that are not themselves handicapped is an important issue.

The asshole who assaulted Drejka had a rap sheet a mile long. A history of violent activity.

He assaulted the wrong guy.

He overstepped boundaries and likely felt empowered because he was carrying. Unfortunately SYG laws can cause as many problems as they attempt to solve. If Duty To Retreat was the law he may have thought twice before using DPF.

Just a surmise here.

Stand Your Ground is a legal means to commit murder.
“It’s red”
“No, It’s blue”
BANG!
“It’s red, he’s dead because I felt threatened.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are confused.

It is a legal means to protect yourself.

The asshole is dead because he attacked somebody.

Drejka is going to jail because the jury found that it wasn't a case of stand your ground.

Drejka is going to jail because the jury found that it wasn't a case of stand your ground.
I don't understand why he was not cleared due to the right of self defense, which is more fundamental than SYG.

I don't understand why he was not cleared due to the right of self defense, which is more fundamental than SYG.

I think the Drejka was found guilty because he shot the asshole as the asshole was retreating backwards.

If you shoot somebody retreating it is neither self defense or stand your ground.

I suspect the jury deliberation was all over the issue of if the asshole was retreating or not.

How about you don't attack another mans wife in front of him. Which started this encounter. That punk with the gun didn't have the authority, or the right to call out anybody about anything.

Now lets see how he handles a Florida prison full of brothers that find out who he is. I bet once that story gets out of prison, the next punk with a gun thinks long and hard before confronting anyone.
Except for molesting a kid, the jail threats for certain offenses are old. Just the idea of going to jail should be a deterrent for criminal activity. This issue will expand because people will worry about their safety. Our government is pushing this. The laws will slowly change to protect people with guns for defense or we are going to end up with an increase in civil suits a thousand fold and those who pay taxers will walk with their feet to other areas.

Forum List

Back