U.S. Military forces should not overturn "Don't ask, don't tell".

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I saw the hearings yesterday about the proposal to overturn "Don't ask, don't tell", the current policy that the U.S. military forces utilize when dealing with homosexual recruits.
As Senator McCain correctly said, I feel allowing homosexuals to openly display their homosexuality, will affect U.S. military moral , and unit cohesion, and overall military effectivness.

The don't ask don't tell policy must not be overturned.Esspecially now that the nation is at war.

I saw the hearings yesterday about the proposal to overturn "Don't ask, don't tell", the current policy that the U.S. military forces utilize when dealing with homosexual recruits.
As Senator McCain correctly said, I feel allowing homosexuals to openly display their homosexuality, will affect U.S. military moral , and unit cohesion, and overall military effectivness.

The don't ask don't tell policy must not be overturned.Esspecially now that the nation is at war.

How do you, "Openly display your homosexuality?'

Why are right wingers such pussies?

I am not a Homosexual. In my country , Jamaica, you can get a 10 year sentence for being a homosexual.

First off......let's compare stats to see if you're qualified for such an ass hat opinion........

Me? 20 years in the Navy, 4 different war zones, as well as have served alongside gays since 1983, and served with them until 2000.

You?

Know what affects unit cohesion and effectiveness? Besides knowing how to spell I mean........

Trusting that the person you're serving alongside will make sure, ENSURE, that you, and they, all get back home for beer thirty.

Sexual orientation isn't really an issue.

Incidentally, McStupid said that if he was elected (this was during the election), he would listen to the leaders of the military, and see what they said. If they told him to get rid of it, he would.

Now? Not so much.

When one soldier (Lt. Dan Cho), came out to his squadmates, they were silent for about 15 seconds, and then they asked when they would be able to meet his boyfriend.

Close shipmates and squadmates are also concerned about the health and welfare of their fellow team mate's families, because a dear John letter just before a firefight is not a good thing.

Actually, it can get people killed.

So, tell me again how this is a bad policy. Unit cohesion is being concerned about the health and welfare of everyone in the unit, because that has a direct effect on your survival.

Sexual orientation doesn't really figure into it. Being able to shoot straight and call in heavy fire when needed is.

Try again dipshit.

First off......let's compare stats to see if you're qualified for such an ass hat opinion........

Me? 20 years in the Navy, 4 different war zones, as well as have served alongside gays since 1983, and served with them until 2000.

You?

Know what affects unit cohesion and effectiveness? Besides knowing how to spell I mean........

Trusting that the person you're serving alongside will make sure, ENSURE, that you, and they, all get back home for beer thirty.

Sexual orientation isn't really an issue.

Incidentally, McStupid said that if he was elected (this was during the election), he would listen to the leaders of the military, and see what they said. If they told him to get rid of it, he would.

Now? Not so much.

When one soldier (Lt. Dan Cho), came out to his squadmates, they were silent for about 15 seconds, and then they asked when they would be able to meet his boyfriend.

Close shipmates and squadmates are also concerned about the health and welfare of their fellow team mate's families, because a dear John letter just before a firefight is not a good thing.

Actually, it can get people killed.

So, tell me again how this is a bad policy. Unit cohesion is being concerned about the health and welfare of everyone in the unit, because that has a direct effect on your survival.

Sexual orientation doesn't really figure into it. Being able to shoot straight and call in heavy fire when needed is.

Try again dipshit.

The U.S. military has its reasons for not wanting outwardly homosexual individuals in their ranks.
Moreover I must say this whole recinding of don't ask , don't tell, has not been fully approved by the all the branches of the U.S. military, and their is good reason to belive that
they will reject the repealing of don't ask don't tell. Or that it will be rejected by congress
or the Senate.

Hey cock smoker........did you ever serve?

If not, like I said, shut the fuck up, as you've obviously nothing to add here.

I am not a Homosexual. In my country , Jamaica, you can get a 10 year sentence for being a homosexual.

So you hate white people and gay people too.

Arent you special.

Since gays have been serving already, why change the law?

You certainly are correct in saying gays have already been serving and there are rarely any problems with their fellow soldiers. But that is in large part due to the fact that they aren't allowed to be openly gay.

If a service members sexuality doesn't matter, why should we allow a homosexual to be open about it?

The last thing we need are drill sergeants, supervisors, or commanders talking with a lisp. No one is going to take such homos seriously.

Many other countrys allow gays to serve openly and have seen no adverse effects on their military.

Well Fag , and Sodomy supporter, I have never served. But I worked around Fags . it never works out.

When I was on active duty, I was only concerned about the good order and discipline in the service, and thus, at that time, I did not support "gays in the military". The age was not right for it. I believe now that our younger soldiers do support it, and thus the age is right for it.

Those who have problems with it can leave the service as did those who opposed integration and the acceptance of females into mainstream military occupations. We had no problem driving the racists and the sexists out, and I imagine the chain of command will have no more tolerance for those who have a hatred for gays and lesbians.

Last edited:

My country? I thought you were an American?
We do things a bit differently here.

Well Fag , and Sodomy supporter, I have never served. But I worked around Fags . it never works out.

Look taint taster what you have been told all of your life is BULLSHIT.

You are the problem not the gay people.

The people who hate gay people will be likened to the people who fought against the rights of Blacks.

Enjoy your little hate circle jerk.

Moreover I must say this whole recinding of don't ask , don't tell, has not been fully approved by the all the branches of the U.S. military...

Except for the fact that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Secretary of Defense have signed off. Besides the president, those are the next two in charge in the chain of command.

-TSO

Just as I thought.....you've never served.

Just another cock smoking colon jockey that thinks his flatulent ass knows better than everyone else who's been there.

Tell ya what penis puffer, you do 1 tour in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Pakistan, and then come back and tell us how it is.

Otherwise, be known for the pussified asshat clowshoes cock smoking idiot that you truly are.

did you really do ANOTHER gay thread? Damn you got issues. Damn.
Just come out.

Four years ago, McCain said that if the military brass came to him and asked to repeal don't ask, don't tell, that he would vote for it.

John McCain is a lying sack of shit.

Ironically, it is when the nation is at war that the military is most likely to over look the sexuality of its soldiers. Many a gay soldier has been found out and kept in the military during wars, and once the war is over...kicked to the curb.

Forum List

Back