U.S. Military forces should not overturn "Don't ask, don't tell".

Discussion in 'Military' started by 52ndStreet, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I saw the hearings yesterday about the proposal to overturn "Don't ask, don't tell", the current policy that the U.S. military forces utilize when dealing with homosexual recruits.
    As Senator McCain correctly said, I feel allowing homosexuals to openly display their homosexuality, will affect U.S. military moral , and unit cohesion, and overall military effectivness.

The don't ask don't tell policy must not be overturned.Esspecially now that the nation is at war.

2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,028
    How do you, "Openly display your homosexuality?'

Why are right wingers such pussies?

3. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I am not a Homosexual. In my country , Jamaica, you can get a 10 year sentence for being a homosexual.

4. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,512
    First off......let's compare stats to see if you're qualified for such an ass hat opinion........

Me? 20 years in the Navy, 4 different war zones, as well as have served alongside gays since 1983, and served with them until 2000.

You?

Know what affects unit cohesion and effectiveness? Besides knowing how to spell I mean........

Trusting that the person you're serving alongside will make sure, ENSURE, that you, and they, all get back home for beer thirty.

Sexual orientation isn't really an issue.

Incidentally, McStupid said that if he was elected (this was during the election), he would listen to the leaders of the military, and see what they said. If they told him to get rid of it, he would.

Now? Not so much.

When one soldier (Lt. Dan Cho), came out to his squadmates, they were silent for about 15 seconds, and then they asked when they would be able to meet his boyfriend.

Close shipmates and squadmates are also concerned about the health and welfare of their fellow team mate's families, because a dear John letter just before a firefight is not a good thing.

Actually, it can get people killed.

So, tell me again how this is a bad policy. Unit cohesion is being concerned about the health and welfare of everyone in the unit, because that has a direct effect on your survival.

Sexual orientation doesn't really figure into it. Being able to shoot straight and call in heavy fire when needed is.

Try again dipshit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    The U.S. military has its reasons for not wanting outwardly homosexual individuals in their ranks.
    Moreover I must say this whole recinding of don't ask , don't tell, has not been fully approved by the all the branches of the U.S. military, and their is good reason to belive that
    they will reject the repealing of don't ask don't tell. Or that it will be rejected by congress
    or the Senate.

6. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,512
    Hey cock smoker........did you ever serve?

If not, like I said, shut the fuck up, as you've obviously nothing to add here.

7. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    So you hate white people and gay people too.

Arent you special.

8. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,804
    Since gays have been serving already, why change the law?

You certainly are correct in saying gays have already been serving and there are rarely any problems with their fellow soldiers. But that is in large part due to the fact that they aren't allowed to be openly gay.

If a service members sexuality doesn't matter, why should we allow a homosexual to be open about it?

The last thing we need are drill sergeants, supervisors, or commanders talking with a lisp. No one is going to take such homos seriously.

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Many other countrys allow gays to serve openly and have seen no adverse effects on their military.

10. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Well Fag , and Sodomy supporter, I have never served. But I worked around Fags . it never works out.