U.S. Foreign Policy Hypocrisy

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
When we invaded Iraq and Afganistan and continue waging un undeclared war with drones in Pakistan and other countries, that's all fine and justified. But when anyone else goes to war it's 'illegal' and condemned.

That's pure and simple hypocrisy.

When we invaded Iraq and Afganistan and continue waging un undeclared war with drones in Pakistan and other countries, that's all fine and justified. But when anyone else goes to war it's 'illegal' and condemned.

I would correct you on only one point. Hypocrisy would be actions that do not involve the taking of tens of thousands of human lives. That would instead be considered diabolical.

Last edited:
Oranges and apples.

Iraq......invaded Kuwait........continues to fire missils at U.S. Planes.......sent envoys to Africa to buy 'Yellow Cake uranium'..........14 U.N. Mandates........the whole effin World KNEW Hussein had WMD's, (which he did, even if not the quantity thought)..........was slaughtering ethnc groups in his own Country.........Bill Clinton and the whole damn Democrat hierarchy said Saddam must be removed but lacked the guts to do it..........(gutless again with Obama).......

Afghanistan......the twin towers?.....the pentagon?.......U.S.S. Cole?...

Russia invading Ukraine is not even in the same category........PERIOD!

Good points.

Although I don't completely agree about Pakistan. But there is a reason to think that it is in the mix in terms of what the Russians think.

Oranges and apples.

Iraq......invaded Kuwait........continues to fire missils at U.S. Planes.......sent envoys to Africa to buy 'Yellow Cake uranium'..........14 U.N. Mandates........the whole effin World KNEW Hussein had WMD's, (which he did, even if not the quantity thought)..........was slaughtering ethnc groups in his own Country.........Bill Clinton and the whole damn Democrat hierarchy said Saddam must be removed but lacked the guts to do it..........(gutless again with Obama).......

You remember April Glaspie, right?

She was the American diplomat that basically gave Saddam Hussien permission to invade Kuwait.

You do remember that, right?

Good points.

Although I don't completely agree about Pakistan. But there is a reason to think that it is in the mix in terms of what the Russians think.

Pakistan was being used by the Taliban to attack our troops.

Oranges and apples.

She was the American diplomat that basically gave Saddam Hussien permission to invade Kuwait.

Thanks, Sallow. I didn't feel like even answering that post. There were so many errors. I remember April, and she did say...................."The US has no interest in Iraq expressing its territorial concerns in Kuwait."

As for the 9/11..............................................19 of 21 hijackers are from Saudia Arabia and we attack Afghanistan. Goodness. We got that one right.

No weapons of mass destruction were ever found in Iraq. We could go on, but this is about American hypocrisy, not opening up these issues of past debates.

If Putin thought there was a 50% chance the U.S. would intervene he would not be in Ukraine!

Obama as well as surrendered to Russia on his "World Apology Tour".
He guaranteed it when he cancelled the 'missile defense system the U.S. was installing in Ukraine and Georgia.
Then he 'doubled down' on his surrender in the 'open mike' incident.

You Democrats just can't get it through your thick skulls that it's a 'dog eat dog' World and there's dictators (Putin) who would grind you up and make fertilizer out of you and not think twice about it!

Good points.

Who wouldn't be doing so if our troops weren't there in the first place. Trying to justify our aggression by denoucing a defender's defensive action thereafter is folly. "We're justified in our military attacks because the locals are fighting us after we invaded their country." Get it?

Last edited:
Russia must understand that it is the US who is the worlds policeman. When WE do it, we are on the side of right......when they do it, they are on the side of wrong

Ya, and if they don't we'll...What exactly? Scowl and make nasty faces shaking our fists at them? Can't defeat goat herders in Afganistan. We'd be slaughtered by a proper military.

If Putin thought there was a 50% chance the U.S. would intervene he would not be in Ukraine!

He guaranteed it when he cancelled the 'missile defense system the U.S. was installing in Ukraine and Georgia.

You Democrats just can't get it through your thick skulls that it's a 'dog eat dog' World and there's dictators (Putin) who would grind you up and make fertilizer out of you and not think twice about it!

Please share with us who have served in the combat arms exactly how you would see the United States intervene? It would be helpful if you painted the scenario in a way that shows victory, and not one that is piecemeal and leads to the destruction of entire battalions and the decimation of our few remaining fighting divisions. I am no fan of Putin, but I am incredulous at all this talk of how the President is not doing something. What would you have him do? Is Ukraine worth the risk of a miscalculated nuclear exchange, or at least, the return to the carnage of fighting on the eastern front that destroyed the German army as an effective fighting force during WW2?

I await the details of this path to victory.

Last edited:
Oranges and apples.

Of course I remember that, a perfect example of why Ambassadors should not be Political appointments, like Obama is doing. That dingbat should have never been in Iraq, a very bad choice by Bush. Obama has made more 'political payback' appointments to Ambassadorships than any President in history. It's wrong, PERIOD!

April Glaspie did not have authority to give Saddam permission to do anything! That doesn't negate anything I've posted.

I wouldn't call it hypocrisy as it is just human nature for the most powerful nation to hold the peace. Most of our advances came this way...

The question I ask you is the reality of humanity is going to make Russia and China go against us(allies). You realliy think our enemies are going to be nice to you if you stab America in the back?

Last edited:

Please share with us who have served in the combat arms exactly how you would see the United States intervene? It would be helpful if you painted the scenario in a way that shows victory, and not one that is piecemeal and leads to the death of entire battalions and the decimation of our few remaining fighting divisions. I am no fan of Putin, but I am incredulous at all this talk of how the President is not doing something, and yet would you have him do? Is Ukraine worth the risk of a miscalculated nuclear exchange, or at least, the return to the carnage of fighting on the eastern front that destroyed the German army as an effective fighting force.

I await to here this strategy.

Nat,

If Obama declared war against Russia on behalf of the Ukraine, Congress would go apeshit crazy on him. Some republicans wanted to go into Georgia and Obama said no. We're just now getting ready to leave Afghanistan.

Most of the US would be less than appreciative of another war right now. Outside of the media and those of us on sites like this, most Americans don't give much of a damn about most of Eastern Europe.

Last edited:

Please share with us who have served in the combat arms exactly how you would see the United States intervene? It would be helpful if you painted the scenario in a way that shows victory, and not one that is piecemeal and leads to the death of entire battalions and the decimation of our few remaining fighting divisions. I am no fan of Putin, but I am incredulous at all this talk of how the President is not doing something, and yet would you have him do? Is Ukraine worth the risk of a miscalculated nuclear exchange, or at least, the return to the carnage of fighting on the eastern front that destroyed the German army as an effective fighting force.

Re-read my post moron! IF PUTIN THOUGHT THE U.S. WOULD INTERVENE HE WOULDN'T INVADE!

And you are not the only one here who has served! I served when it was considered a male citizen's duty to his Country, before we had a 'mercenary' military. I did it for 78 dollars a month beginning and 140 dollars a month when I got out. (1962 to 1966)

Nat,

If Obama declared war against Russia on behalf of the Ukraine, Congress would go apeshit crazy on him. Some republicans wanted to go into Georgia and Obama said no. We're just now getting ready to leave Afghanistan.

Most of the US would be less than appreciative of another war right now. Outside of the media and those of us on sites like this, most Americans don't give much of a damn about most of Eastern Europe.

If Putin thought Obama had balls he would not be so fast to invade anywhere!

Georgia? That was after the Democratic Congress had for all practical purposes, neutered Bush.

Good points.

Who wouldn't be doing so if our troops weren't there in the first place. Trying to justify our aggression by denoucing a defender's defensive action thereafter is folly. "We're justified in our military attacks because the locals are fighting us after we invaded their country." Get it?

Pakistan sheltered one of the worst terrorists in the world and said they had no idea where he was..

Please.

Nat,

If Putin thought Obama had balls he would not be so fast to invade anywhere!

Georgia? That was after the Democratic Congress had for all practical purposes, neutered Bush.

Neither Bush or Obama is or was going to go head to head with Russia over anything.

They have nukes for Pete's sake.

Forum List

Back