U.S. First-Quarter GDP Growth Revised Down to 2% on Services

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'The U.S. economy expanded in the first quarter at a slower pace than previously estimated, reflecting downward revisions to spending on services and to inventory investment, according to Commerce Department data released Thursday.'

So the final 2018 revised number for Q1 GDP growth was only 2%.

That means GDP growth under Trump has been a lacklustre 2.6%.

BIG DEAL.

And - just as I said it would - the GDPNow people keep dropping their Q2 forecast. Today it's down from 4.5% to 3.8%. And it will probably drop some more before the final number comes in (it almost always does).

Last edited:
'The U.S. economy expanded in the first quarter at a slower pace than previously estimated, reflecting downward revisions to spending on services and to inventory investment, according to Commerce Department data released Thursday.'

So the final 2018 Q1 GDP growth was only 2%.

BIG DEAL.

And - just as I said it would - the GDPNow people keep dropping their Q2 forecast. Today it's down from 4.5% to 3.8%. And it will probably drop some more before the final number comes in (it almost always does).

We've already reached the final 2018 quarter?

BIG DEAL.

you begging for early bad news?

BIG DEAL.

you begging for early bad news?

nope

just pointing out it's a prediction, considering we're nowhere near the end of 2018

• Banned

BIG DEAL.

No...the final revision for Q1. That means this is the final number for Q1 2018 (it gets revised twice).

Think...how can the final 2018 Q1 GDP growth be the final quarter?

Q1 means quarter one.

Save me (and America) from these macroeconomic ignoramuses.

2 percent?

Trump called it a disaster when Obama had 2 percent GDP

He promised 4 percent growth

So the final 2018 revised number for Q1 GDP growth was only 2%.

BIG DEAL.

It will only get worse.

Trump is a master of economics if you count bankruptcy as economics.

just pointing out it's a prediction, considering we're nowhere near the end of 2018
when bad news will be pushed aside by another Trump temper tantrum or deflection?
It's got to be the fault of the Democrats.

DgqrFStW4AEHrCD.jpg:large

America is going to learn a hard lesson for picking this idiot.

Trump was touting that the economy is booming just yesterday.

He's going to do that until it gets real bad then he will blame democrats or talk about how he inherited a mess.

Forum List

Back