U.S. doctor who moved to Ont. shares observations on Canadian health care

^Whereas Americans have been buying their medications online from Canadian pharmacies for at least a decade. Why? Because those same American-branded (though manufactured in China/India/Sri Lanka, etc.) drugs cost several times less when purchased from a Canadian outlet.

Go figure.

Often times are previous generation drugs.

Also, they only get left over capacity. Nobody builds processing plants to serve them.

Granted, but why gouge U.S. customers at the pharmacy counter? A lot of people aren't even aware of the markups.

Please explain to me what "gouging" is ?

Gouging is when you get the Canadian government to tax the public, to pay you half the price of a pill, so you can then sell the pill to the Canadian public, for 10% less than in the US. You make double the profit, and the public thinks the government "stuck it to the corporations". It's a brilliant socialized system for making the wealthy, even more rich, and the public blissfully poor.

^Whereas Americans have been buying their medications online from Canadian pharmacies for at least a decade. Why? Because those same American-branded (though manufactured in China/India/Sri Lanka, etc.) drugs cost several times less when purchased from a Canadian outlet.

Go figure.

Often times are previous generation drugs.

Also, they only get left over capacity. Nobody builds processing plants to serve them.

Granted, but why gouge U.S. customers at the pharmacy counter? A lot of people aren't even aware of the markups.

Please explain to me what "gouging" is ?

Gouging is when you get the Canadian government to tax the public, to pay you half the price of a pill, so you can then sell the pill to the Canadian public, for 10% less than in the US. You make double the profit, and the public thinks the government "stuck it to the corporations". It's a brilliant socialized system for making the wealthy, even more rich, and the public blissfully poor.

I think that you are closer to the truth.

The 10X difference (which was, of course, proven with primary sources) is a bit of a myth.

And how Canada and the U.S. work have to be factored in.

Forum List

Back