Obamacare is Unnecessary

Free Clinics | Free Medical Clinics | Free Health Clinics

There are free healthcare clinics all over the nation designed to care for the uninsured.
Some are "sliding scale", which means you pay what you can afford to pay.
There are over 1100 of them in the USA and they serve every town and city.

I used to audit these clinics for San Diego County. I was treated a few times. The care was very good.

What do they charge to treat cancers? What about cardiac surgery? Chronic degenerative illnesses?

There are free healthcare clinics all over the nation designed to care for the uninsured.

I used to audit these clinics for San Diego County. I was treated a few times. The care was very good.

What do they charge to treat cancers? What about cardiac surgery? Chronic degenerative illnesses?

You'll have to contact your local free clinic for info on that. And I hope you feel better soon.

You'll have to contact your local free clinic for info on that. And I hope you feel better soon.

I'm fine. But the "you can always go to a free clinic" argument always makes me laugh.

Indeed. Here in Pensacola, Florida, the free clinic even does free dental work for kids.

I'm fine. But the "you can always go to a free clinic" argument always makes me laugh.

You need to get out more. There are a lot of folks that use them all the time.

Indeed. Here in Pensacola, Florida, the free clinic even does free dental work for kids.

You seem very knowledgeable. What do they charge to treat cancers? What about cardiac surgery? Chronic degenerative illnesses?

For cancer treatment, cardiac surgery, chronic degenerative illnesses? Wow, who knew?

You seem very knowledgeable. What do they charge to treat cancers? What about cardiac surgery? Chronic degenerative illnesses?

I haven't the foggiest idea. I have always been insured myself. You might call if you have one in your neighborhood and inquire though.

For cancer treatment, cardiac surgery, chronic degenerative illnesses? Wow, who knew?

I don't know what all they treat. I do know they treat a lot of kids though. You might inquire if they could treat your mental problems.

I don't know what all they treat. I do know they treat a lot of kids though. You might inquire if they could treat your mental problems.

Cancer, heart disease, and chronic degenerative illnesses are not covered by free clinics, and you know it.

So the "go to a free clinic" argument is, as I said, amusing.

Talking out your ass again.

"Obamacare is Unnecessary"

True – but not for the reasons cited in the OP.

The better option would be to simply expand the existing Medicare program to include all Americans, where those who wish to and can afford it may purchase supplemental health insurance policies, allowing insurance companies to return to the business of selling health insurance as originally intended, not health maintenance, which is the proper role for government.

That's one of your problems. You want to make blanket statements when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh I thought you were having issues. My bad. :)

Incorrect.

In states that refused to expand Medicaid, there are in fact a significant number of residents of those state who have no access to affordable healthcare, particularly with regard to health maintenance and chronic medical conditions, not acute or emergency care.

Indeed, these individuals in such states can't afford to purchase insurance on the exchange but have income that exceeds receiving care in 'free' clinics – clinics that are in fact not 'free' at all.

Note that healthcare and health insurance are two different things; the ACA is in fact necessary to provide Americans affordable health insurance so they have access affordable healthcare.

That there are Americans who have access to neither is the fault of the states that refused to expand Medicaid, not the provisions the ACA.

And 'free' clinics are in no way a 'substitute' for the ACA, the notion is ridiculous and devoid of merit.

Cancer, heart disease, and chronic degenerative illnesses are not covered by free clinics, and you know it.

So the "go to a free clinic" argument is, as I said, amusing.

Like I said, I don't know what they treat. I have always had insurance. I only know they treat kid's dental problems because I know a young lady at my church who takes her kids to the one here in Pensacola. I've never been inside the place myself.

That's one of your problems. You want to make blanket statements when you have no idea what you're talking about.

What statement did I make that offended you? I never said anything about what they treated except for kids' dental.

Arianrhod has ripped the far right assholes even further. Free clinics? That was a small band aid trying to stop a gaping wound.

Forum List

Back