TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine

Maybe he was not aware of the new screening and the dangers to his privacy, and health. Or maybe you are a complete asshole. I already blew this line of argument out of the water, and you are still trying to make it fly.

Why are you afraid of Muslims?
:lol: You've blown nothing out of the water...you continue to be swayed by emotional appeals.

It's hard to imagine that anyone would think a bag strapped to their belly full of liquid would be unnoticed by the screeners.

Which might explain why he tried to tell them about it before they searched him. Yet you insist that it his fault because you unconditionally make an ass out of yourself by supporting the TSA even when they are wrong.
It isn't his fault, but he is still playing the victim. Most people would have said something at the ticket counter, and the ID check, and the checkpoint.

He only told them AFTER the machine noticed something odd.

:lol: You've blown nothing out of the water...you continue to be swayed by emotional appeals.

It's hard to imagine that anyone would think a bag strapped to their belly full of liquid would be unnoticed by the screeners.

Which might explain why he tried to tell them about it before they searched him. Yet you insist that it his fault because you unconditionally make an ass out of yourself by supporting the TSA even when they are wrong.
It isn't his fault, but he is still playing the victim. Most people would have said something at the ticket counter, and the ID check, and the checkpoint.

He only told them AFTER the machine noticed something odd.

You do not know that, you just assume it because it make justifies your position.

Not saying this guy wasn't humiliated as he claims...but if he was, why did he compounded it by going national?

:eusa_eh:

Good point, Ravi. Also, why did this guy proceed to the scanners in the first place when he knew he had something attached to himself under his pants that would cause alarm?

Why did he not approach the TSA agents at the very beginning with a medical note about his apparatus and how to handle it properly...?

According to him, he waited until the private pat-down began, to warn the urine bag might leak if the seal was broken, thus putting himself in a humiliating situation...By his own description the leak left a "wet mark" and by all other descriptions he was supposedly SOAKED or DRENCHED or COVERED with urine...???

It seems like many of these stories are set-ups designed to make TSA look bad so they can insidiously undermine the security system. Maybe this guys story of humiliation is legit, but that certainly doesn't undermine the entire system. And just to be clear, people who do not have any such medical conditions who opt-out of the scanners are indeed ASKING to be frisked.

This proves that he asked for it, and women are to blame if they get raped.
Are you sure you are not a radical Muslim misunderstander?

:cuckoo: What is your obsession with comparing everything to rape...?

This "proves" that he says he asked for a private check once the scan showed he had apparatus under his pants...Apparently he failed to mention the necessary information that would have averted his own humiliation until it was inevitable that a minor accident was likely to occur...

Good point, Ravi. Also, why did this guy proceed to the scanners in the first place when he knew he had something attached to himself under his pants that would cause alarm?

Why did he not approach the TSA agents at the very beginning with a medical note about his apparatus and how to handle it properly...?

According to him, he waited until the private pat-down began, to warn the urine bag might leak if the seal was broken, thus putting himself in a humiliating situation...By his own description the leak left a "wet mark" and by all other descriptions he was supposedly SOAKED or DRENCHED or COVERED with urine...???

It seems like many of these stories are set-ups designed to make TSA look bad so they can insidiously undermine the security system. Maybe this guys story of humiliation is legit, but that certainly doesn't undermine the entire system. And just to be clear, people who do not have any such medical conditions who opt-out of the scanners are indeed ASKING to be frisked.

This "proves" that he says he asked for a private check once the scan showed he had apparatus under his pants...Apparently he failed to mention the necessary information that would have averted his own humiliation until it was inevitable that a minor accident was likely to occur...

What is your obsession with defending the assault and degradation of air travelers? If the TSA used common sense it would be able to avoid the inevitable because accidents are never inevitable, they are always avoidable.

What is your obsession with defending the assault and degradation of air travelers? If the TSA used common sense it would be able to avoid the inevitable because accidents are never inevitable, they are always avoidable.
seems this traveler could have saved himself some of these problems too

What was he supposed to do? He told the person who was going to pat him down, and still got the seal ripped out. Even if, as the idiots argue, he said nothing before then, so what? He would still have had to have been patted down, and they obviously were not listening at that point.

These two have been trying to lay the blame at this guys door the entire time. First they claimed he asked to be patted down, which is a lie, and then they tried to say he never told them about the bag at all, another lie. Now they are trying to say he should have told the ticket agent, even though there is no evidence he did not. Maybe he should carry a huge sign that describes his condition in detail, includes pictures, and a signed doctor's statement, just so he can get on an airplane.

What was he supposed to do? He told the person who was going to pat him down, and still got the seal ripped out. Even if, as the idiots argue, he said nothing before then, so what? He would still have had to have been patted down, and they obviously were not listening at that point.

These two have been trying to lay the blame at this guys door the entire time. First they claimed he asked to be patted down, which is a lie, and then they tried to say he never told them about the bag at all, another lie. Now they are trying to say he should have told the ticket agent, even though there is no evidence he did not. Maybe he should carry a huge sign that describes his condition in detail, includes pictures, and a signed doctor's statement, just so he can get on an airplane.
i dont think he needs a sign, but clearly he needs some kind of documentation of his condition
and for that i blame the medical profession
my mom has a pacemaker and has cards that state just that
people with medical needs need to have proper verifiable documentation as well as patience for them to be checked properly

i dont think he needs a sign, but clearly he needs some kind of documentation of his condition
people with medical needs need to have proper verifiable documentation as well as patience for them to be checked properly

Again.

He tried to tell the idiots screening him, and was told that they did not need to know about it. How is that anyone's fault other than the people who did not listen?

Again.

He tried to tell the idiots screening him, and was told that they did not need to know about it. How is that anyone's fault other than the people who did not listen?
its on all involved
travelers with special medical needs need to have proper documentations and the TSA agents need to be aware of this and act appropriately

Again, he told them after the scanner picked up that he had a plastic bag full of liquid taped to his belly.

If nothing else, this episode sends a clear message to terrorists...you ain't getting by with liquid explosives taped to your belly.

:thup:

and i just heard on the news that TSA has intel that Al Qaeda was planing to use "medical devices" to do the next attack
but what needs to happen is some kind of secure verifiable ID be created for people with these devices to make their travel less of a hassle

and i just heard on the news that TSA has intel that Al Qaeda was planing to use "medical devices" to do the next attack
but what needs to happen is some kind of secure verifiable ID be created for people with these devices to make their travel less of a hassle

when did the pat-downs begin? A year ago, there were no pat-downs when I flew to Jamaica through atlanta.

when did the pat-downs begin? A year ago, there were no pat-downs when I flew to Jamaica through atlanta.
this is something new
i flew this past Oct and didnt have to do this

I agree with this. It's funny though, my aunt has a pace maker but no card saying she has one and it has never been a problem for her...she just tells the first security person she talks to.

I don't understand if this guy was so mortified, why was he on the news this morning with his bag and belly exposed? Again with a big smile.

Again, he told them after the scanner picked up that he had a plastic bag full of liquid taped to his belly.

If nothing else, this episode sends a clear message to terrorists...you ain't getting by with liquid explosives taped to your belly.

:thup:

Again, how do you know that? And even if he did, so the fuck what? At that point they should have instituted whatever policy they have for dealing with medical conditions, and they did not. If you want proof that you are wrong, try this.

On Monday, after his plight made national headlines, TSA chief John Pistole called Sawyer to apologize. Sawyer told Pistole that agents needed more training to be able to identify medical equipment and know how to handle it properly.

TSA Chief Apologizes to Airline Passenger Soaked in Urine After Pat-Down | Threat Level | Wired.com

Their boss admits they need more training, and that they were wrong. It took a month, but he finally got an apology, which should have been issued on the scene. If nothing else policy should include contacting a supervisor whenever someone has a medical device of any type, and issuing an apology on the spot for any incident like this.

Yet you, for whatever reason, want to insist that this guy was wrong because he did not follow a policy that does not exist. :cuckoo:

Isn't Holiday Travel fun? TSA Thugs strip-searching children on suspicion of Terrorism? Your Government's Holiday gift to you. Enjoy. :(

Of course they have that intel, just like they had intel that terrorists were going to attack Germany last week, or France just before the election. So what? Would this have been better if that had been a bomb and they managed to blow up the airport because they triggered it my yanking on it during the search? What kind of world do you want to live in where you want minimum wage workers handling potential explosive devices?

Forum List

Back