Trump's trade war with China

b

Trump demonizing the wrong entity. It is not the fault of the Chinese but the fault of the businesses that relocated there....
It's the goods they are producing there and selling here that are subject to tariffs, he is targeting exactly the right entity.

US corporations, located in China, are the folks conducting industrial espionage against us? Are you sure?

He is taxing the people who had nothing to do with the companies moving to China. There is no espionage...
Yes there is.

List of Chinese spy cases in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
The following is a list of individuals who have been accused by the government of the United States of spying against the United States on behalf of the People's Republic of China.

Contents
Thats a lot of chinese spying on the United States

Just another reason to keep china at arms length
There are a number of reasons to keep China at arms length. Look at how much plastic they throw in the oceans and how much pollution the discharge, it's funny how the Left is A.OK with these things that they would blow a gasket over if the US did it. The way they reflexively align with China in every US/China dispute is kinda weird.

U.S. companies moved there to avoid the regulations about dumping stuff in the water here.

Tariffs are tax increases paid by American's. Granted, we are not paying for the bail outs. That is all going to the trillion plus dollars in debt.
The tariffs cost china too

Which is why the chinese are trying to get them removed

What the Chinese are doing is opening trade with other countries.

Tell us, how are those negotiations from the great negotiating going?
My guess is the chinese are stalling in hopes that trump will be defeated in 2020

It's the goods they are producing there and selling here that are subject to tariffs, he is targeting exactly the right entity.

US corporations, located in China, are the folks conducting industrial espionage against us? Are you sure?

He is taxing the people who had nothing to do with the companies moving to China. There is no espionage...
Yes there is.

The following is a list of individuals who have been accused by the government of the United States of spying against the United States on behalf of the People's Republic of China.

Contents

There are a number of reasons to keep China at arms length. Look at how much plastic they throw in the oceans and how much pollution the discharge, it's funny how the Left is A.OK with these things that they would blow a gasket over if the US did it. The way they reflexively align with China in every US/China dispute is kinda weird.

U.S. companies moved there to avoid the regulations about dumping stuff in the water here.
That makes liberal environmentalists in America who also want free trade with china hypocrites

Tariffs are tax increases paid by American's. Granted, we are not paying for the bail outs. That is all going to the trillion plus dollars in debt.

My guess is the chinese are stalling in hopes that trump will be defeated in 2020

As I noted, they are doing more than stalling. They are opening trade with new partners but as you note, the great negotiator is getting nowhere.

That makes liberal environmentalists in America who also want free trade with china hypocrites

If there was any truth to that you might be right but by you simply saying it, it does not make it true.

b

Trump demonizing the wrong entity. It is not the fault of the Chinese but the fault of the businesses that relocated there....

Yes there is.

Contents

I'm OK with that as long as we do the same.
Well, we don't have the same access, and, unlike us, they kill spies when they catch them.

Killing CIA Informants, China Crippled US Spying Operations

https://www.nytimes.com › world › asia › china-cia-spies-espionage

May 20, 2017 - At least 18 C.I.A. sources were killed or imprisoned in China between 2010 and 2012, one of the worst intelligence breaches in decades.

Trump has taken a much more civilized approach, agreements and tariffs. But since you prefer all things China, you would likely prefer we execute the spies the we catch. What method do you suppose China uses for executing spies?

I dont think we have the same chance to spy on china

Foreigners are closely watched in china and very few if any are allowed to work in the chinese defense industry

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

Including our own president and republican members of congress

But the communists have a big advantage over America when it comes to spying

Yes there is.

Contents

Well, we don't have the same access, and, unlike us, they kill spies when they catch them.

May 20, 2017 - At least 18 C.I.A. sources were killed or imprisoned in China between 2010 and 2012, one of the worst intelligence breaches in decades.

Trump has taken a much more civilized approach, agreements and tariffs. But since you prefer all things China, you would likely prefer we execute the spies the we catch. What method do you suppose China uses for executing spies?

So your argument is that they are better at exposing US spies than we are at exposing spies?

Foreigners are closely watched in china and very few if any are allowed to work in the chinese defense industry

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

I'm all for dismantling the CIA, NSA and whatever letter group you can come with internal spying structures.

As I noted, they are doing more than stalling. They are opening trade with new partners but as you note, the great negotiator is getting nowhere.
As if china would not open trade with more countries anyway

China cannot replace the US market easily or quickly

Yes there is.

Contents

Weird how the Left seems to be all for this and really wigs out if they are subjected to tariffs in order to sell goods here, that compete with domestic producers that pay the costs in order to comply with our much more stringent environmental regulations.

Investigative reporters have trailed Chinese Merchant ships and found that a significant amount of the plastics in our oceans is from their merchant ships that just heave their garbage over railing like the world is their personal toilet. And nary a peep from the Left on Chinese crimes against our oceans and environment. It's very curious, I wonder about this response from the Left toward the Chinese.

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

I'm all for dismantling the CIA, NSA and whatever letter group you can come with internal spying structures.
We need intelligence to keep us informed about whats happening in other countries

But when the spooks deliberately lie to us it makes me wonder which is worse

Being uninformed or misinformed?

If there was any truth to that you might be right but by you simply saying it, it does not make it true.
Of course liberal environmentalists who support free trade with china are hypocrites

Otherwise they would demand the same clean production standards for the imported products they buy from china

But they dont

Far easier than Wall Street is going to want to abandon China.

Weird how the Left seems to be all for this and really wigs out if they are subjected to tariffs in order to sell goods here, that compete with domestic producers that pay the costs in order to comply with our much more stringent environmental regulations.

Investigative reporters have trailed Chinese Merchant ships and found that a significant amount of the plastics in our oceans is from their merchant ships that just heave their garbage over railing like the world is their personal toilet. And nary a peep from the Left on Chinese crimes against our oceans and environment. It's very curious, I wonder about this response from the Left toward the Chinese.

When things aren't going your way, divert.

So your argument is that they are better at exposing US spies than we are at exposing spies?
Of course. We have an open society and they have a police state. The idea of normalizing trade with them was that they would become more like us, not us more like them.

Trump's trade agreements and tariffs is a much more civilized approach than capturing and executing spies. You would prefer that we adopted their execution response? How exactly does China execute the spies it catches?

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

We need intelligence to keep us informed about whats happening in other countries

Misinformed. The sad part is even when we know they lie to us, we re-elect them.

Of course. We have an open society and they have a police state. The idea of normalizing trade with them was that they would become more like us, not us more like them.

Trump's trade agreements and tariffs is a much more civilized approach than capturing and executing spies. You would prefer that we adopted their execution response? How exactly does China execute the spies it catches?

We have killed tens of thousands of innocent people but you are going to condemn China for addressing spies?

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

You want to see something disturbing, make a list of the calls our Intelligence Community got right and then another list of the calls they got wrong.

And look at the passion they have for spying on domestic opponents rather than say, giving us an accurate assessment on the conditions in Syria and ISIS. All the money we spend on our intelligence community and they have a passion for acting against their domestic political opponents and seemingly no real interest in detecting and effectively countering foreign threats.

The Executive Branch is supposed to be supervising them and the Congressional Branch funding them. The Executive Branch is so wrapped with employment protections that they can't effectively clean house. Congress is scared of them. Few US Senators have more power than Chuck Schumer and we all heard his warning to Trump, not to dare cross the Intelligence Services because they have a half dozen ways to completely destroy you.

It's amazing that Trump has endured and is still standing. He is probably EXACTLY the President we need at this point in time.

We need to recapture the House in the upcoming election, Ryan and his worthless leadership are now gone so we can put effective leadership into place, and then we need enabling legislation that allows the political heads of the Executive Branch to properly supervise this behemoth of agencies that thinks the President should be impeached for daring to part from the talking points them gave him that reflect the "inter-agency consensus."

Far easier than Wall Street is going to want to abandon China.
Liberals and wall st are allies on this

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

You want to see something disturbing, make a list of the calls our Intelligence Community got right and then another list of the calls they got wrong.

And look at the passion they have for spying on domestic opponents rather than say, giving us an accurate assessment on the conditions in Syria and ISIS. All the money we spend on our intelligence community and they have a passion for acting against their domestic political opponents and seemingly no real interest in detecting and effectively countering foreign threats.

The Executive Branch is supposed to be supervising them and the Congressional Branch funding them. The Executive Branch is so wrapped with employment protections that they can't effectively clean house. Congress is scared of them. Few US Senators have more power than Chuck Schumer and we all heard his warning to Trump, not to dare cross the Intelligence Services because they have a half dozen ways to completely destroy you.

It's amazing that Trump has endured and is still standing. He is probably EXACTLY the President we need at this point in time.

We need to recapture the House in the upcoming election, Ryan and his worthless leadership are now gone so we can put effective leadership into place, and then we need enabling legislation that allows the political heads of the Executive Branch to properly supervise this behemoth of agencies that thinks the President should be impeached for daring to part from the talking points them gave him that reflect the "inter-agency consensus."

Trump has done nothing about the spying or elected officials lying to us.

Forum List

Back