Trump's trade war with China

I dont think we have the same chance to spy on china

Foreigners are closely watched in china and very few if any are allowed to work in the chinese defense industry

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

Including our own president and republican members of congress

But the communists have a big advantage over America when it comes to spying

I'm all for dismantling the CIA, NSA and whatever letter group you can come with internal spying structures.
We need intelligence to keep us informed about whats happening in other countries

But when the spooks deliberately lie to us it makes me wonder which is worse

Being uninformed or misinformed?
You want to see something disturbing, make a list of the calls our Intelligence Community got right and then another list of the calls they got wrong.

And look at the passion they have for spying on domestic opponents rather than say, giving us an accurate assessment on the conditions in Syria and ISIS. All the money we spend on our intelligence community and they have a passion for acting against their domestic political opponents and seemingly no real interest in detecting and effectively countering foreign threats.

The Executive Branch is supposed to be supervising them and the Congressional Branch funding them. The Executive Branch is so wrapped with employment protections that they can't effectively clean house. Congress is scared of them. Few US Senators have more power than Chuck Schumer and we all heard his warning to Trump, not to dare cross the Intelligence Services because they have a half dozen ways to completely destroy you.

It's amazing that Trump has endured and is still standing. He is probably EXACTLY the President we need at this point in time.

We need to recapture the House in the upcoming election, Ryan and his worthless leadership are now gone so we can put effective leadership into place, and then we need enabling legislation that allows the political heads of the Executive Branch to properly supervise this behemoth of agencies that thinks the President should be impeached for daring to part from the talking points them gave him that reflect the "inter-agency consensus."
I think its all on the line in 2020

The house, the white house and the future of America for a long time to come

What the Chinese are doing is opening trade with other countries.

Tell us, how are those negotiations from the great negotiating going?
My guess is the chinese are stalling in hopes that trump will be defeated in 2020

As I noted, they are doing more than stalling. They are opening trade with new partners but as you note, the great negotiator is getting nowhere.
As if china would not open trade with more countries anyway

China cannot replace the US market easily or quickly

Far easier than Wall Street is going to want to abandon China.
Liberals and wall st are allies on this

No, Democrats and Wall Street are allies.

Thats a lot of chinese spying on the United States

Just another reason to keep china at arms length

I'm OK with that as long as we do the same.
Well, we don't have the same access, and, unlike us, they kill spies when they catch them.

Killing CIA Informants, China Crippled US Spying Operations

https://www.nytimes.com › world › asia › china-cia-spies-espionage

May 20, 2017 - At least 18 C.I.A. sources were killed or imprisoned in China between 2010 and 2012, one of the worst intelligence breaches in decades.

Trump has taken a much more civilized approach, agreements and tariffs. But since you prefer all things China, you would likely prefer we execute the spies the we catch. What method do you suppose China uses for executing spies?

So your argument is that they are better at exposing US spies than we are at exposing spies?
Of course. We have an open society and they have a police state. The idea of normalizing trade with them was that they would become more like us, not us more like them.

Trump's trade agreements and tariffs is a much more civilized approach than capturing and executing spies. You would prefer that we adopted their execution response? How exactly does China execute the spies it catches?

We have killed tens of thousands of innocent people but you are going to condemn China for addressing spies?
The chinese communists have killed 10s of millions and are still doing so

Well, we don't have the same access, and, unlike us, they kill spies when they catch them.

May 20, 2017 - At least 18 C.I.A. sources were killed or imprisoned in China between 2010 and 2012, one of the worst intelligence breaches in decades.

Trump has taken a much more civilized approach, agreements and tariffs. But since you prefer all things China, you would likely prefer we execute the spies the we catch. What method do you suppose China uses for executing spies?

So your argument is that they are better at exposing US spies than we are at exposing spies?
Of course. We have an open society and they have a police state. The idea of normalizing trade with them was that they would become more like us, not us more like them.

Trump's trade agreements and tariffs is a much more civilized approach than capturing and executing spies. You would prefer that we adopted their execution response? How exactly does China execute the spies it catches?

We have killed tens of thousands of innocent people but you are going to condemn China for addressing spies?

Which makes what we do ok?

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

I'm all for dismantling the CIA, NSA and whatever letter group you can come with internal spying structures.
We need intelligence to keep us informed about whats happening in other countries

You want to see something disturbing, make a list of the calls our Intelligence Community got right and then another list of the calls they got wrong.

And look at the passion they have for spying on domestic opponents rather than say, giving us an accurate assessment on the conditions in Syria and ISIS. All the money we spend on our intelligence community and they have a passion for acting against their domestic political opponents and seemingly no real interest in detecting and effectively countering foreign threats.

The Executive Branch is supposed to be supervising them and the Congressional Branch funding them. The Executive Branch is so wrapped with employment protections that they can't effectively clean house. Congress is scared of them. Few US Senators have more power than Chuck Schumer and we all heard his warning to Trump, not to dare cross the Intelligence Services because they have a half dozen ways to completely destroy you.

It's amazing that Trump has endured and is still standing. He is probably EXACTLY the President we need at this point in time.

We need to recapture the House in the upcoming election, Ryan and his worthless leadership are now gone so we can put effective leadership into place, and then we need enabling legislation that allows the political heads of the Executive Branch to properly supervise this behemoth of agencies that thinks the President should be impeached for daring to part from the talking points them gave him that reflect the "inter-agency consensus."

Trump has done nothing about the spying or elected officials lying to us.
Sure he is. He is giving the Chinese the opportunity to police their own activities, and progressively increasing the costs for them while they ponder their decision.

China is a huge 3rd world population being controlled by a small pampered elite living a very soft comfortable life. This works as long as they maintain basic living standards for the People, when they do that the enjoy what that society calls "The Mandate Of Heaven". Lose that, and their long history is clear, there is bloody revolution and the current leadership bleeds out in the streets.

When you read the financial reports communicating that the Chinese Economy is teetering, keep in mind that they have WAY more on the line than US Leadership does in similar circumstances.

The Chinese Leadership has a lot to think about and 5 more days before another round of tariffs are scheduled to take effect.

Our Left, Fake News Media, International Community and Deep State are effectively unconcerned about that. Weird!

There are a number of reasons to keep China at arms length. Look at how much plastic they throw in the oceans and how much pollution the discharge, it's funny how the Left is A.OK with these things that they would blow a gasket over if the US did it. The way they reflexively align with China in every US/China dispute is kinda weird.

U.S. companies moved there to avoid the regulations about dumping stuff in the water here.
That makes liberal environmentalists in America who also want free trade with china hypocrites

If there was any truth to that you might be right but by you simply saying it, it does not make it true.
Once Trump gets the Chinese theft from America under control, I would support environmental tariffs on China to help urge them to clean up all the damn plastic they have dumped in the oceans. Are you with me on that?

There are a number of reasons to keep China at arms length. Look at how much plastic they throw in the oceans and how much pollution the discharge, it's funny how the Left is A.OK with these things that they would blow a gasket over if the US did it. The way they reflexively align with China in every US/China dispute is kinda weird.

U.S. companies moved there to avoid the regulations about dumping stuff in the water here.
That makes liberal environmentalists in America who also want free trade with china hypocrites
It does. Their pretzel positioning is curious. I wonder what explains it.

We spy on everyone.

Sure he is. He is giving the Chinese the opportunity to police their own activities, and progressively increasing the costs for them while they ponder their decision.

China is a huge 3rd world population being controlled by a small pampered elite living a very soft comfortable life. This works as long as they maintain basic living standards for the People, when they do that the enjoy what that society calls "The Mandate Of Heaven". Lose that, and their long history is clear, there is bloody revolution and the current leadership bleeds out in the streets.

When you read the financial reports communicating that the Chinese Economy is teetering, keep in mind that they have WAY more on the line than US Leadership does in similar circumstances.

The Chinese Leadership has a lot to think about and 5 more days before another round of tariffs are scheduled to take effect.

We are little different. Wall Street says jump and we jump. People want a boost to the minimum wage and we call them names.

Foreigners are closely watched in china and very few if any are allowed to work in the chinese defense industry

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

I'm for a thorough ass-kicking and a re-establishing of our Elected Civilian Leadership over them and retasking them onto the priorities of our Elected Leadership - The President and Congress rather than these self-entitled clowns thinking that their political leaders have to carefully and perfectly follow the talking points they hand them and the "interagency consensus" or be removed from office.

There needs to be a complete house cleaning of their current leadership and Trump might be just the man to handle this. Look at the credibility he has on this issue. He knows EXACTLY what it is like to be targeted by all of them.

He has a lot to accomplish in his second term and we need control of the House and Senate to do the job right!

If there was any truth to that you might be right but by you simply saying it, it does not make it true.
Once Trump gets the Chinese theft from America under control, I would support environmental tariffs on China to help urge them to clean up all the damn plastic they have dumped in the oceans. Are you with me on that?

How is that control going? It was already noted that China is simply going to wait him out and Trump wants to dismantle environmental protections here. How is he going to get China to enact any?

I will support a law that disallows any product to be imported here that does not meet our environmental standards.

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

I'm for a thorough ass-kicking and a re-establishing of our Elected Civilian Leadership over them and retasking them onto the priorities of our Elected Leadership - The President and Congress rather than these self-entitled clowns thinking that their political leaders have to carefully and perfectly follow the talking points they hand them and the "interagency consensus" or be removed from office.

There needs to be a complete house cleaning of their current leadership and Trump might be just the man to handle this. Look at the credibility he has on this issue. He knows EXACTLY what it is like to be targeted by all of them.

He has a lot to accomplish in his second term and we need control of the House and Senate to do the job right!

How long do the people he appoints generally last? How many have found themselves in legitimate legal trouble?

We are little different. Wall Street says jump and we jump. People want a boost to the minimum wage and we call them names.
Actually we are vastly different. We have ownership in our markets and society. Now, we didn't police Wall Street as we should have in the 2008 melt down. Normally folks are stripped of assets and jailed and while Comey did manage to jail Martha Stewart, she was hardly the linchpin. That was our signal that Foxes that were eating the Chickens were making deals with the Watch Dogs.

Hopefully Durham and Barr are getting to the bottom of some of this and public examples will be made of some high profile folks. Like Napoleon said: "It's very important to hang generals when necessary, it greatly encourages the others to do better."

How is that control going? It was already noted that China is simply going to wait him out...
Oh sure, "Long Game China Always Wins!" Good luck with that. We are going to collect a hell of a lot in tariffs while they attempt that strategy.
... Trump wants to dismantle environmental protections here...
And make us just like China? Can you list some specific examples, what you are saying sounds a little far-fetched.
... I will support a law that disallows any product to be imported here that does not meet our environmental standards.
That's some good fresh thinking. I would support starting some incremental steps in that direction once Trump gets the current deal he is working on.

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

How long do the people he appoints generally last? How many have found themselves in legitimate legal trouble?
It's your question, why don't you answer it?

Actually we are vastly different. We have ownership in our markets and society. Now, we didn't police Wall Street as we should have in the 2008 melt down. Normally folks are stripped of assets and jailed and while Comey did manage to jail Martha Stewart, she was hardly the linchpin. That was our signal that Foxes that were eating the Chickens were making deals with the Watch Dogs.

Martha Stewart had nothing to do with the 2008 collapse but it is notable that she went to prison but no one that was responsible did.

Hopefully Durham and Barr are getting to the bottom of some of this and public examples will be made of some high profile folks. Like Napoleon said: "It's very important to hang generals when necessary, it greatly encourages the others to do better."

3 plus years and the only ones getting held accountable are Trump appointees.

Weird how the Left seems to be all for this and really wigs out if they are subjected to tariffs in order to sell goods here, that compete with domestic producers that pay the costs in order to comply with our much more stringent environmental regulations.

Investigative reporters have trailed Chinese Merchant ships and found that a significant amount of the plastics in our oceans is from their merchant ships that just heave their garbage over railing like the world is their personal toilet. And nary a peep from the Left on Chinese crimes against our oceans and environment. It's very curious, I wonder about this response from the Left toward the Chinese.

When things aren't going your way, divert.
What's not going our way?

How is that control going? It was already noted that China is simply going to wait him out...
Oh sure, "Long Game China Always Wins!" Good luck with that. We are going to collect a hell of a lot in tariffs while they attempt that strategy.
... Trump wants to dismantle environmental protections here...
And make us just like China? Can you list some specific examples, what you are saying sounds a little far-fetched.
... I will support a law that disallows any product to be imported here that does not meet our environmental standards.
That's some good fresh thinking. I would support starting some incremental steps in that direction once Trump gets the current deal he is working on.

He isn't getting his deal.

We spy on everyone.

We spy on everyone.

It's your question, why don't you answer it?

OK....they don't last long and quite a few have been convicted .

Weird how the Left seems to be all for this and really wigs out if they are subjected to tariffs in order to sell goods here, that compete with domestic producers that pay the costs in order to comply with our much more stringent environmental regulations.

Investigative reporters have trailed Chinese Merchant ships and found that a significant amount of the plastics in our oceans is from their merchant ships that just heave their garbage over railing like the world is their personal toilet. And nary a peep from the Left on Chinese crimes against our oceans and environment. It's very curious, I wonder about this response from the Left toward the Chinese.

When things aren't going your way, divert.
What's not going our way?

Your, not our.

Forum List

Back