Trump's approval plunges to 37%

Good. Hopefully it will go even lower and stay there.

I cannot deny that I detest the fact that Trump had the great fortune of running for POTUS against the worst possible candidate that could have been fielded against him.

This level is very close to an absolute guarantee that the GOP loses the House in 2018.

BTW, 37% is about 7 points under the percent of votes he got in November. That is a clear indication that his supporters are turning against him.

And yet, miraculously, he maintains a 99.9% approval rating among the RW'ers on USMB. That if anything should tell you how far from normal America these people are.

...on Gallup.

Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval

For comparison to our last GOP disaster of a president, it took GW Bush until March of 2006 to hit 37%.

This is getting boring and there will be three plus more years of this nonsense...

Oh well at least you have the polls to keep you warm at night, and before you comment about how you believe I am some Trumpster, well you believe California slanted vote should outweigh the rest of the nation vote and believe the polls that had Clinton winning the Electoral College so you believe anything and everything that suit your partisan view...

This level is very close to an absolute guarantee that the GOP loses the House in 2018.

BTW, 37% is about 7 points under the percent of votes he got in November. That is a clear indication that his supporters are turning against him.

And yet, miraculously, he maintains a 99.9% approval rating among the RW'ers on USMB. That if anything should tell you how far from normal America these people are.

Boy you are delusional!

Midterm Election years usually benefit the GOP except in the 2006 election.

So keep dreaming.

You might get the Senate but you will not obtain the House!

is there one normal honest republican here?I started here in 2013 and haven't seen one yet

Almost none of us on USMB, NYc, are normal. :lol:

Comey today, potentially, can be the triggers the end of the beginning of Trump's presidency and the beginning of the end of it.

If the situation can become catastrophic, Pence and Ryan will move quickly to send Trump packing.

Almost none of us on USMB, NYc, are normal. :lol:

Comey today, potentially, can be the triggers the end of the beginning of Trump's presidency and the beginning of the end of it.

If the situation can become catastrophic, Pence and Ryan will move quickly to send Trump packing.

Doubt it.

Trump will be President until 2021 or Melania blows him one night and causes his ticker to stop beating...

If you libfags would get half as focused and energized as Trump is, we might be getting somewhere. Nothing but whining from libfags...much like this useless board.

Boy you are delusional!

So keep dreaming.

Democrats are petitioning in every state to overturn Republican gerrymandering, so districts will be decided by geography, not partisanship. You won't be able to run "safe" districts any more.

Boy you are delusional!

So keep dreaming.

The Senate map is grossly in favor of the GOP.

One can only hope....

That said, I'm not necessarily hellbent or concerned about whether the GOP lose the HoR in 2018. If they do, they do; if they don't, they don't. What I care about is that the people who are there are highly ethical and highly intelligent. I realize there are multiple ways to solve/ameliorate the nation's shortcomings, and while I have my preferred ones to "try first," I'm okay with instead trying others first so long as they are really well thought out and planned. That's not to say I'm willing to advocate some fringe approach or just go with a whim.

The biggest problem I have with the GOP holding the House is that pure party loyalty and political exigencies may cloud too many of their minds when it comes to holding Trump accountable for his actual legal transgressions and utterly stupid actions/tweets.

I don't know about that. To my mind there are (1) Trump supporters, whom I call "Trumpkins," and (2) people who voted for Trump, but who aren't Trumpkins. His support among the former group, which numbers to about 15M - 20M people probably isn't going anywhere because those people, like Trump in a number of areas, are living evidence of the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon. Among the latter group, yes, the glamour he conjured unto himself has waned. Elected leaders in the GOP have begun to notice it too, and in turn, they are slowly gleanign that they won't necessarily lose material sums of political capital by not endorsing, or at least acquiescing to, his BS.

And yet, miraculously, he maintains a 99.9% approval rating among the RW'ers on USMB.

Yes, well, that is what it is, but what it is is irrelevant outside of USMB. So, fine. Let them have their moment on here. There are some keen conservatives on here, but not many, and the few that are aren't often seen. That's too bad.

And yet, miraculously, he maintains a 99.9% approval rating among the RW'ers on USMB. That ... should tell you how far from normal America these people are.

Agreed. It didn't take long to discern that.

Boy you are delusional!

So keep dreaming.

Democrats are petitioning in every state to overturn Republican gerrymandering, so districts will be decided by geography, not partisanship. You won't be able to run "safe" districts any more.

So we can also get rid of those minority favoring districts found in Blue States due to Democratic Gerrymandering, right?

Of course not, its only bad when the other side does it.....

Boy you are delusional!

So keep dreaming.

True enough, but midterm elections have never had a clown like Trump leading the GOP. Everything else about Trump and his involvement in U.S. federal politics has been uncharacteristic. That may well be too.

Forum List

Back