Trump Wrong as Usual: Unwarranted Attack on NFL Players

Is standing for the National Anthem proof of one's loyalty to this nation?

Yep, and kneeling is showing disloyalty to this nation.

That is the thinking of a retard. You know that, right?

Uh, no.....it isn't.

But then again, you really don't seem to be very tolerant of other POV.

You also believe that a person can prove his or her loyalty to this nation simply by standing for the national anthem? And that kneeling means that a person isn't a loyal American?

Are you a retard?

What I believe or don't believe isn't the question.

The statement was that his thinking wasn't that of a retard.

GFY.

Uh, no.....it isn't.

You also believe that a person can prove his or her loyalty to this nation simply by standing for the national anthem? And that kneeling means that a person isn't a loyal American?

Are you a retard?

GFY.

Sure it is. Low level thinking.

Uh, no.....it isn't.

Are you a retard?

GFY.

Sure it is. Low level thinking.

Of course it is.....because you think it is.

That is left wing (very low level) thinking.

He exhibits the ongoing hypocrisy of the right wing. They whine like banshees, or Ann Coulter, if students at Berkeley show up to protest them and cry it is denying free speech, but the second a con sees someone exercising THEIR free speech they move to have them silenced.

More than a few fries short of a Happy Meal aren't you?

The same far left Progressives rioting, looting and destroying property in their demonstrations against free speech in Berkley are the same ones taking a knee and protesting America.

One would think that multi-millionaire football players would realize that offending the very people who pay those salaries is not the brightest move. Certainly, no one is claiming that Colin Kaepernick had every right in the world to protest anything he likes. It is also his right to suffer all the consequences.

Where is Kaepernick playing this week? No owner or coach wants to saddle their team with such a handicap. He's a distraction.

Like the Hollywood Elite are learning with sagging box office sales, the NFL and NBA are seeing their $1.5 BILLION stadiums not filling and TV ratings plunging.

Most people work hard. When they spend their hard earned money or time they want to be entertained. They do not want to be lectured about politics or anything else.

Well when a retard tells me I'm a retard, I sort of take that as a compliment.

If loyalty is standing at attention and facing the US flag during the anthem, what then is doing the exact opposite? Is that loyalty too?

Maybe it is from a retards point of view.

These spoiled rich NFL players don't even know what they're 'protesting.' They just know the Democratic Party told them to be outraged about something. They're typical Democrats. Go ask them what they're 'protesting', and i assure you most of em can't articulate a logical response. If they keep this silly shit up, i'll give up on the NFL. I'll give em a little more time to come their senses. But if i don't see it, i'm out.

These spoiled rich NFL players don't even know what they're 'protesting.' They just know the Democratic Party told them to be outraged about something. They're typical Democrats. Go ask them what they're 'protesting', and i assure you most of em can't articulate a logical response. If they keep this silly shit up, i'll give up on the NFL. I'll give em a little more time to come their senses. But if i don't see it, i'm out.

Don't look now but a baseball player out of Oakland took a knee, so let's hope that cancer is stopped right here and now.......of course, it is Oakland..........

You are correct, they don't know what they are protesting. That's because they don't understand our laws nor have respect for authority. Because what the don't know is all police shootings have one thing in common: the suspect didn't listen to the orders of the police officer. So I guess those who do know what they are kneeling for believe that criminals should not have to listen to cops. What a thing to protest, huh?

“It would be easy to see this as just one more trivial story about an immature president who watches too much television and has no control over his rhetorical impulses.

But it's much worse than that. Trump's desire to go after an African-American athlete who has been protesting our well-documented problems with race and criminal justice, or an African-American athlete who does not feel comfortable in the White House given the President's controversial positions on social issues, fit into a longer and troubling history of his capitalizing on the politics of racial division.

He has used these issues to stir up his base, always reminding them with a figurative wink and a tweet that he has not forgotten them, and to take a stand against efforts to promote social equality that he dismisses as silly political correctness.
[…]
Make no mistake about it, on this his record is very clear. Before the hurricanes swept through, leaving behind horrible wreckage and devastating floods, we were knee-deep in a national conversation about why the President had so much trouble taking a strong and resolute stand against white racial extremism.”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/opinions/trump-nfl-remarks-racial-issue-zelizer-opinion/index.html

Once again Trump panders to conservative white resentment and the right’s unwarranted fear of change and diversity in his effort to divide America along racial lines for some perceived partisan gain.

Congrss shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

“It would be easy to see this as just one more trivial story about an immature president who watches too much television and has no control over his rhetorical impulses.

But it's much worse than that. Trump's desire to go after an African-American athlete who has been protesting our well-documented problems with race and criminal justice, or an African-American athlete who does not feel comfortable in the White House given the President's controversial positions on social issues, fit into a longer and troubling history of his capitalizing on the politics of racial division.

He has used these issues to stir up his base, always reminding them with a figurative wink and a tweet that he has not forgotten them, and to take a stand against efforts to promote social equality that he dismisses as silly political correctness.
[…]
Make no mistake about it, on this his record is very clear. Before the hurricanes swept through, leaving behind horrible wreckage and devastating floods, we were knee-deep in a national conversation about why the President had so much trouble taking a strong and resolute stand against white racial extremism.”

What Trump's NFL, Curry remarks should signal to his base (Opinion) - CNN

Once again Trump panders to conservative white resentment and the right’s unwarranted fear of change and diversity in his effort to divide America along racial lines for some perceived partisan gain.

Trump is simply commenting on the NFL (and also ESPN) hemorrhaging viewers both on TV and live attendance. Trump doesn't need to "pander to his base" the base and people not in his base apparently are already walking away.

No one is debating whether the players have freedom of speech the debate is during game time is the best time to express their right.

If these players want to protest on their own time great fine no one cares. If the NFL doesn't want to keep losing viewers they would tell the players "shut up play the game or you will stop getting paid".

Also what about the people who are paying hundreds of dollars for tickets etc who go to watch a game and then get there and being lectured? Those are the people I am concerned about not multi millionaire athletes.

Congrss shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Trump is in the executive branch not legislative.

[…]

What Trump's NFL, Curry remarks should signal to his base (Opinion) - CNN

Race has nothing to do with it. Didn't you people learn anything the last several elections? People are getting sick of this race talk all the time by the left.

This is about pro-America vs anti-America. Trump is choosing sides with pro-America. it's about damn time somebody did.

Don't look now but a baseball player out of Oakland took a knee, so let's hope that cancer is stopped right here and now.......of course, it is Oakland..........

You are correct, they don't know what they are protesting. That's because they don't understand our laws nor have respect for authority. Because what the don't know is all police shootings have one thing in common: the suspect didn't listen to the orders of the police officer. So I guess those who do know what they are kneeling for believe that criminals should not have to listen to cops. What a thing to protest, huh?

They're typical ignorant Democrats. They play a game and get paid $Millions. They live in the greatest country on earth. This country has given them everything. They need to stand for the anthem. Period, end of story.

Forum List

Back