Trump Wrong as Usual: Unwarranted Attack on NFL Players

‘NFL commissioner Roger Goodell fired back at President Trump on Saturday for encouraging league owners to remove players who take a knee during the national anthem, saying Trump’s “divisive comments” show “an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL.”’

NFL's Goodell: Trump's 'divisive comments' show a 'lack of respect'

Trump also exhibits a lack of respect for free expression and his contempt for dissent.

He exhibits the ongoing hypocrisy of the right wing. They whine like banshees, or Ann Coulter, if students at Berkeley show up to protest them and cry it is denying free speech, but the second a con sees someone exercising THEIR free speech they move to have them silenced.

Trump is helping the NFL by giving them good advice. The league shouldn't let players do their political speeches during the game or in uniform.

I am not a big football fan, but am a UFC and boxing fan. I like football fans watch the event to escape for the length of the event and what these players are doing is reminding people of their problems which defeats the purpose of watching.

This idea that citizens in various occupations aren't free to be citizens is ludicrous. It's the same argument for actors "I just want to be entertained, they should shut up". They're real people with opinions. Just like everyone else. If the NFL wants to take action they will. They also have a fan base that supports the protests so they take that into consideration as well.

This meme that 'anyone entertaining me has no personal opinion and that's that' is just fantasy. They do.

All citizens have freedom of speech. An employee doesn't have the same rights on the clock that someone off the clock has. If you want to say whatever you want on the clock then you need to start your own business.

A performer has freedom of speech, but they are in a different category especially if they are well known. The Rock for instance has a public image and can say whatever he wants, but if what he says goes against his image and people start not going to his movies is HBO or Universal not free to not do business with him anymore?

Was WWE not free to stop using Hulk Hogan after his issues?

The NFL is free to do what it likes then as well. Case closed.

Then what's the discussion about? The NFL can do as it likes and we can stay home or change the channel.

‘NFL commissioner Roger Goodell fired back at President Trump on Saturday for encouraging league owners to remove players who take a knee during the national anthem, saying Trump’s “divisive comments” show “an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL.”’

Trump also exhibits a lack of respect for free expression and his contempt for dissent.

He exhibits the ongoing hypocrisy of the right wing. They whine like banshees, or Ann Coulter, if students at Berkeley show up to protest them and cry it is denying free speech, but the second a con sees someone exercising THEIR free speech they move to have them silenced.

Trump is helping the NFL by giving them good advice. The league shouldn't let players do their political speeches during the game or in uniform.

I am not a big football fan, but am a UFC and boxing fan. I like football fans watch the event to escape for the length of the event and what these players are doing is reminding people of their problems which defeats the purpose of watching.

This idea that citizens in various occupations aren't free to be citizens is ludicrous. It's the same argument for actors "I just want to be entertained, they should shut up". They're real people with opinions. Just like everyone else. If the NFL wants to take action they will. They also have a fan base that supports the protests so they take that into consideration as well.

This meme that 'anyone entertaining me has no personal opinion and that's that' is just fantasy. They do.

All citizens have freedom of speech. An employee doesn't have the same rights on the clock that someone off the clock has. If you want to say whatever you want on the clock then you need to start your own business.

A performer has freedom of speech, but they are in a different category especially if they are well known. The Rock for instance has a public image and can say whatever he wants, but if what he says goes against his image and people start not going to his movies is HBO or Universal not free to not do business with him anymore?

Yes even if it is clearly not a wise business decision

I didn't realize NFL players are such sensitive fucking babies. They sell themselves as tough guys...but really, they are kinda pussies, huh?

What happened to that well worn claim by the RWnuts that protests are perfectly fine as long as they're not violent????

Oh incompetent 1-) You see, we believe in protest that is not violent, as long as you use YOUR time to do it. You want to bring your protest into our homes? SCREW YOU, and the NFL!

What happened to that well worn claim by the RWnuts that protests are perfectly fine as long as they're not violent????

THey can protest all they like, and I can stay home or turn the channel. I have no desire to watch that shit. If the NFL doesn't want to swirl down the toilet, they best do what their fans want, not coddle a bunch of whiny players.

You dumbass snowflakes seem to believe that the fans are required to pay for this shit. They aren't. They pay to watch a football game, not some insolent BLM militant expressing his contempt for America.

You got that from my post? lol too funny.

THey can protest all they like, and I can stay home or turn the channel. I have no desire to watch that shit. If the NFL doesn't want to swirl down the toilet, they best do what their fans want, not coddle a bunch of whiny players.

You dumbass snowflakes seem to believe that the fans are required to pay for this shit. They aren't. They pay to watch a football game, not some insolent BLM militant expressing his contempt for America.

You got that from my post? lol too funny.
Apparently you believe there's some rule that says we have to go to games to watch assholes display their contempt for America.

The left needs to chill out for a while and take ten (years?) to get over their anger. President Trump didn't "attack" NFL players, he called them out like every citizen including the President has a right to do. While lefties have been encouraged by the DNC to smash windows and torch cars (and murder conservative republican baseball players?) the republican leader suggests that football fans pack up and leave when they see spoiled sports celebrities disrespect the Flag.

Then what's the discussion about? The NFL can do as it likes and we can stay home or change the channel.

That's right, dummy. And the NFL says that Trump ought to stuff his opinion up his ass. They have no problem with players taking a knee during the anthem. They understand that it is patriotism in action.

Ya dumb shit.

That's right, dummy. And the NFL says that Trump ought to stuff his opinion up his ass. They have no problem with players taking a knee during the anthem. They understand that it is patriotism in action.

Ya dumb shit.

That's why the NFL is swirling down the toilet bowl. It's already hitting the owners in their pocketbook big time. After a year of dismal attendance, they will be singing a different tune.

goodell can go fuck himself. he's killing the NFL w/o any help from trump.

people are tired of million dollar politics and seeing millionaires cry out the unfairness of it all.

NFL players can have an opinion but president Trump the POTUS can't? You libwits have a real problem with the 1st amendment.
Considering, you are also have a real problem with the 1st Amendment. It also appears Trump doesn't understand the 1st Amendment, and this guy is president. SAD!
i'll never understand how someone has the right to say how they feel but someone doesn't have the right to say how they feel about it.

it's like - instant contradiction.

Ya dumb shit.

That's why the NFL is swirling down the toilet bowl. It's already hitting the owners in their pocketbook big time. After a year of dismal attendance, they will be singing a different tune.

Oh. You think Kaepernick is the reason? Man are you lacking information or what?

NFL players can have an opinion but president Trump the POTUS can't? You libwits have a real problem with the 1st amendment.
Considering, you are also have a real problem with the 1st Amendment. It also appears Trump doesn't understand the 1st Amendment, and this guy is president. SAD!

The first amendment is about free speech without government interference. I can't go to work Monday and call my boss an asshole and say it was my free speech rights to do so. He would have every right to fire me.

The ant-American football players used their free speech, and Trump used his, but the only free speech you protest is that of Donald Trump.

Ya dumb shit.

Patriotism is disrespecting our anthem and flag..............gotcha.

Nobody said they didn't. But the problem they are creating is they are using their profession to advance their political positions. If somebody is interviewing a running back and he is asked about police brutality, nobody really cares because that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. But when you have that uniform on and using the public airwaves to advance your agenda, people will object to it as they are today.

Ya dumb shit.

If it's warranted. Exactly. Fool.

I always thought kneeling was a precursor to oral sex.

Maybe these guys are just practicing.

Ya dumb shit.

If it's warranted. Exactly. Fool.

Lefties crack me up with the junior high personal attacks.

"Fool"

You fucking showed RAY, didn't you?

Forum List

Back