Roger Goodell: NFL Was "Wrong For Not Listening To Players" Race Concerns

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
(CNN) -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday the league should have listened to players earlier about racism concerns in a video response to NFL players calling on the leagueto condemn racism and support its black players.

Goodell took to Instagram on Friday in response to the video "Stronger Together," which features several of the league's most famous players asking the league to take a strong stance in the wake of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis.

"We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest," Goodell said.

In the video Goodell says, "It has been a difficult time for our country. In particular, black people in our country. First, my condolences to the families of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and all the families who have endured police brutality."

It's about time! What took so long?

Last edited:
Not this crap from the players again. Are they all going to kneel like Kap did?

He's right. He should have told them to stand the hell up or get off my field.

Some people can admit when they were wrong, and obviously others can not.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
(CNN) -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday the league should have listened to players earlier about racism concerns in a video response to NFL players calling on the leagueto condemn racism and support its black players.

Goodell took to Instagram on Friday in response to the video "Stronger Together," which features several of the league's most famous players asking the league to take a strong stance in the wake of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis.

"We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest," Goodell said.

In the video Goodell says, "It has been a difficult time for our country. In particular, black people in our country. First, my condolences to the families of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and all the families who have endured police brutality."

Money

1591398415421.png

Colin Kaepernick was a trailblazer! Ahead of his time. Imagine the courage it took. I have renewed respect for him.

View attachment 346227

Colin Kaepernick was a trailblazer! Ahead of his time. Imagine the courage it took. I have renewed respect for him.
You call that courage? Courage is when a single Black mother works two low wage jobs and raises a son to become a world renowned neurosurgeon like Dr. Ben Carson who saves lives. You're a piece of shit.

Kneeling for the anthem is weak and insulting in my eyes. Stand up like a man and deal with your issues outside of work.

If they do that this year, fans should boo, boycott and tv networks should never show them on air.

Kneeling for the anthem is weak and insulting in my eyes. Stand up like a man and deal with your issues outside of work.

If they do that this year, fans should boo, boycott and tv networks should never show them on air.

The anthem is not a founding document or thing. It wasn't adopted until 1931.

Take a knee for this person and we might actually have a discussion.

The anthem is not a founding document or thing. It wasn't adopted until 1931.

The anthem also was written by a racist gloating in the deaths of Blacks trying to get to freedom so yeah fuck the anthem.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back