Trump warns 'market would crash' if Democrats impeach him.

Overall, no.

As usual, the market would go drama queen for a few days, but ultimately it gets over itself and remembers that it's all about actual earnings.

And as usual, Trump's just blowing smoke for the base.

This is not even remotely correct. Was 2008 about earnings?

The stock market is such a bubble, it might crash at any moment related or unrelated to the occurrence. Might want to have a look at the P/Es.

Overall, no.

As usual, the market would go drama queen for a few days, but ultimately it gets over itself and remembers that it's all about actual earnings.

The stock market is such a bubble, it might crash at any moment related or unrelated to the occurrence. Might want to have a look at the P/Es.
Since it's my profession, I look very closely at all of it.

2008 was its own animal, a self-inflicted collapse of the financial system.

Overall, no.

It seems like you aren't a very serious professional if you believe it was the collapse of the outrageous housing prices that was the problem... or self inflicted for that matter.

But I take it that by this you mean, I am correct, so whatever. Stock markets have never operated based on only earnings reporting.

Overall, no.

It seems like you aren't a very serious professional if you believe it was the collapse of the outrageous housing prices that was the problem... or self inflicted for that matter.
Yes, I know that's the alternate universe meme. I also know what actually happened, how, and why.

I've had this disturbing conversation enough, not interested now.

Overall, no.

Yes, I know that's the alternate universe meme. I also know what actually happened, how, and why.

In the same breath you say that it's all about earnings and that housing prices should yet be far far over priced relative to earnings/rents.

Your theory makes no sense. By the way, I have researched this matter exclusively and indeed have a Master's in economics. There is no way what you say is even in the ballpark and I would like to hear where you got it from.

But in any case, stock markets clearly don't operate only based on earnings reporting so that's that. Maybe if you included expected future earnings you might have a point, but then you would have to justify why the incident would not have effect on such predictions.

Overall, no.

But I take it that by this you mean, I am correct, so whatever. Stock markets have never operated based on only earnings reporting.

Which is the problem. Its being manipulated all the time.

Overall, no.

In the same breath you say that it's all about earnings and that housing prices should yet be far far over priced relative to earnings/rents.

Your theory makes no sense, all of it is bull shit. By the way, I have researched this matter exclusively and indeed have a Master's in economics. There is no way what you say is even in the ballpark and I would like to hear where you got it from.
When did I bring up housing prices?

This is why I no longer burn time on this stuff here. I've gone over CMOs and CDOs and CDSs and the CLTC and the ratings agencies and Greenspan and banks shorting what they were selling, oh, about a thousand times. And no one from the Right either understands or acknowledges any of it.

It's all the Dems' fault. It was just the CRA. Let's run with that. I've had enough of this weird game.

Your theory makes no sense, all of it is bull shit. By the way, I have researched this matter exclusively and indeed have a Master's in economics. There is no way what you say is even in the ballpark and I would like to hear where you got it from.

This is why I no longer burn time on this stuff here. I've gone over CMOs and CDOs and CDSs and the CLTC and the ratings agencies and Greenspan and banks shorting what they were selling, oh, about a thousand times. And no one from the Right either understands or acknowledges any of it.

It's all the Dems' fault. It was just the CRA. Let's run with that. I've had enough of this weird game.

None of that substance has any bearing on the fact that the houses were overpriced in 2008 and indeed the EARNINGS/RENTS did not match the PRICE. Which you incorrectly stated that prices depend only on reported earnings, but nonetheless you stated it.

I fully acknowledge the scam in all its entirety, from banks to government all the way back to Clinton. Don't insert words to my mouth.

None of that substance has any bearing on the fact that the houses were overpriced in 2008 and indeed the EARNINGS/RENTS did not match the PRICE. Which you incorrectly stated that prices depend only on reported earnings, but nonetheless you stated it.

I fully acknowledge the scam in all its entirety, from banks to government all the way back to Clinton. Don't insert words to my mouth.
STOCK prices. CORPORATE earnings.

I didn't bring up real estate. YOU did.

Holy shit. Good gawd.

Never mind.

STOCK prices. CORPORATE earnings.

I didn't bring up real estate. YOU did.

Holy shit. Good gawd.

Never mind.

And you are saying that stock prices operate in different principles to housing prices. More interesting economic theory, and I won't deny this completely but there is still such thing as overpriced housing compared to the earnings the houses produce via rents.

Anyway, my point was that your idea that stock prices only operate based on historical earnings is clearly a false one. As is the idea that homes weren't overpriced in 2008.

Forum List

Back