Trump wants a Soviet Style MILITARY Parade through the streets of Washington DC

It’s a waste of money, just like supporting illegal citizens, to [sic] wrongs don’t make a right.

FarSide1.gif

Literally half the time in military basic training is spent learning drill with the culimination at the end being.........wait for it.......... a military parade :eek:

Make it voluntary if some soldiers don't want to participate they don't have to.

I suspect most soldiers would love to though, everyone I know that is, or was, in said it'd be nice to see after a decade of being basically hated.

Make it voluntary if some soldiers don't want to participate they don't have to.

I suspect most soldiers would love to though, everyone I know that is, or was, in said it'd be nice to see after a decade of being basically hated.

Are you thinking of Viet Nam and confusing it with the current wars? Because I don't really know of any troops that are "hated" for being in Afghanistan and the Middle East.

And...................it's kinda apparent that you never served. Why do I say that? Because damn near every enlisted person that I know (and I was in for 20 years) would opt out of participating in a parade if given the chance. Granted, there are some gung ho individuals out there who would enjoy participating, but those people are rare.

It sucks to be in a parade. Long sleeves, polyester or wool uniforms, hauling a rifle around, marching in shoes not meant for walking in.

It's another good idea that was not thought through.

I'm sure it would be cool for the people watching and the color guards love to show off.
It would br perfect for a terrorist attack...most of the troops in parades don't have ammo.
not really, since the level of security will still be as high as for a normal parade.

Plus people would really want every terrorist dead if they even tried.
How do you protect throngs of bystanders?
have you ever been to a parade in a city?

cops are everywhere
Yep and if some terrorist decides to detonate the bomb in his/her backpack any cops nearby will die with the people around them.
I'm sorry, but your train of 'thought' leads me to believe you think we should live in constant fear of a muslim attack.

Are you French?

Being Ex-Army I can say I hated doing Parades. Weeks training how to properly march in Parade formation. Money and time spent in fixing your dress uniform. It's a real pain making sure everything is perfect. And no real reward for doing it.

And don't forget the agonizing hours BEFORE the parade forming up in staging areas and waiting there forever. And, you aren't even finished when the damn thing is over because you have to return to the staging area and wait until some self-centered Second Looey decides to let you go.

I hated them.

Being Ex-Army I can say I hated doing Parades. Weeks training how to properly march in Parade formation. Money and time spent in fixing your dress uniform. It's a real pain making sure everything is perfect. And no real reward for doing it.

And don't forget the agonizing hours BEFORE the parade forming up in staging areas and waiting there forever. And, you aren't even finished when the damn thing is over because you have to return to the staging area and wait until some self-centered Second Looey decides to let you go.

I hated them.

You know, I am in full agreement with both you and Slyhunter. Parade formation SUCKED, and I would rather be on watch than on parade.

Only trouble is, most civilians who think this is a good idea have never served in the military, and they don't know what kind of bullshit you have to go through to make something like this happen. They think that because we learned to march in boot camp, we always march everywhere. Ain't the case for the Navy, because after A school, marching is pretty much a thing of the past, because there isn't enough room on most ships for crap like that.

And, they also fail to understand the expense borne by the individual service member in getting ready for a dog and pony show like this. You have to make sure your ribbons and medals are up to date, and get new ones if they aren't, there's dry cleaning for the uniform, as well as haircut and other little expenses that come up.

Cost me anywhere from 35 to 75 dollars (depending on whether my shoes were still inspection ready), for each of those major inspections.

And, believe it or not, I kinda dreaded it when I had to show up at an awards ceremony. Why? It usually meant that I got a new medal or award, and had to go spend money to update said awards.

Instead of a military parade, I would like to see Trump parade, followed by all the people in his administration who have been fired or resigned. But, it might have to be double time, or it won't finish before sundown.

It would br perfect for a terrorist attack...most of the troops in parades don't have ammo.
not really, since the level of security will still be as high as for a normal parade.

Plus people would really want every terrorist dead if they even tried.
How do you protect throngs of bystanders?
have you ever been to a parade in a city?

cops are everywhere
Yep and if some terrorist decides to detonate the bomb in his/her backpack any cops nearby will die with the people around them.
I'm sorry, but your train of 'thought' leads me to believe you think we should live in constant fear of a muslim attack.

Are you French?
I don't have to be French to point out some of the glaring vulnerabilities that would accompany a pass and review parade of that magnitude.

Nothing wrong with a parade honoring our military folks. I'm a little concerned about the costs to Taxpayers, but it isn't all that bad of an idea. I'm guessing the Democrat wankers are only opposing it because they hate Donald Trump. It's a pretty shameful slap in the face to our military folks. But hey, they are Democrats. So?...

Nothing wrong with a parade honoring our military folks. I'm a little concerned about the costs to Taxpayers, but it isn't all that bad of an idea. I'm guessing the Democrat wankers are only opposing it because they hate Donald Trump. It's a pretty shameful slap in the face to our military folks. But hey, they are Democrats. So?...

Do you know how much of a hassle it is for our troops to get ready for inspection and review? I do. Spent 20 years in the Navy, and hated every time I was called out to go represent the command at various functions. It was a royal pain in the ass.

And, it's not so much about honoring the military as it is that Trump wants to use them to bolster his ego.

Do you know how much of a hassle it is for our troops to get ready for inspection and review? I do. Spent 20 years in the Navy, and hated every time I was called out to go represent the command at various functions. It was a royal pain in the ass.

And, it's not so much about honoring the military as it is that Trump wants to use them to bolster his ego.

See, it's really only about you hating Donald Trump. That's what i said. But personally, i don't have a problem with a parade honoring our Military. Why not? Our Government spends so much money on stuff i don't approve of. I could live with this particular expenditure.

See, it's really only about you hating Donald Trump. That's what i said. But personally, i don't have a problem with a parade honoring our Military. Why not? Our Government spends so much money on stuff i don't approve of. I could live with this particular expenditure.

Have you ever had to participate in parades like this in full uniform? I have and they are a pain. Most military personnel, if offered a chance to march in a parade or stay home would choose to stay home.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with a military parade, but only if it was done because the troops had something to celebrate.

Forum List

Back