Trump wants a Soviet Style MILITARY Parade through the streets of Washington DC

The military overwhelming does not want to march in front of Trump.

Bullshite! Our Military overwhelmingly supported Trump in the last Election. They hated Hitlery.
Yup, they did, even more than Trump, but less than one in two like him as President. Bush was by far more popular.

"Yet while Trump is especially popular among enlisted troops, officers have a much lower opinion of him.

And women and minorities in the ranks share similar skepticism.

Overall, about 44 percent of all troops surveyed in the Military Times poll have a favorable view of Trump, while roughly 40 percent have an unfavorable opinion of him. That’s a stark contrast to opinion polls of the general public, which have shown Trump’s popularity at less than 40 percent and an unfavorable rating as high as 56 percent."

Military Times Poll: What you really think about Trump

That's two :)

Last edited:

Bullshite! Our Military overwhelmingly supported Trump in the last Election. They hated Hitlery.
Yup, they did, even more than Trump, but less than one in two like him as President. Bush was by far more popular.

"Yet while Trump is especially popular among enlisted troops, officers have a much lower opinion of him.

Overall, about 44 percent of all troops surveyed in the Military Times poll have a favorable view of Trump, while roughly 40 percent have an unfavorable opinion of him. That’s a stark contrast to opinion polls of the general public, which have shown Trump’s popularity at less than 40 percent and an unfavorable rating as high as 56 percent."

Stop getting all your 'information' from Democrat Fake News. The Military is fine with Trump. It's you Democrats it despises. That's the reality.

^^^ ;) Dschrute3 know the officers and ncos do not like Trump.

That's three. :)

Last edited:
The troops don't have anything to celebrate? See, that's just your hateful partisanship talkin. It's about honoring them. And i can get behind that.

What victory have they had lately? How many troops are able to come home because their job overseas is finished? I personally don't see one, and I think that Trump is asking for this because of his ego, not because I'm partisan. I actually served in the military and have had to go to crap like this, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that it is a pain in the ass.

Honoring our Military is a worthy endeavor. I'm sorry you're allowing your partisan hate for Donald Trump to cloud your judgement on it. I guess that is a sign of the times though. For me, honoring our military is always fine. I hope Trump goes for it.
The folks in the military, myself included, don't consider it an honor. In fact we consider it an unnecessary pain in the ass.

EXACTLY! Not only do you have to get an inspection ready uniform, but if you are in the Navy, chances are you haven't marched since A school, and would also have to take time out to practice. I don't know of anyone in the military, other than a select group of butt kissers, who enjoy doing crap like that.

Come on folks, you're way-over thinkin this. It's a parade honoring our Military folks. It isn't brain surgery.

Civilians see it as a parade to honor our military. Only thing is, the military is the one that has to participate in it, and those who are actually IN the military (not civilians looking on) look at something like this as a major pain in the ass.

What victory have they had lately? How many troops are able to come home because their job overseas is finished? I personally don't see one, and I think that Trump is asking for this because of his ego, not because I'm partisan. I actually served in the military and have had to go to crap like this, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that it is a pain in the ass.

Honoring our Military is a worthy endeavor. I'm sorry you're allowing your partisan hate for Donald Trump to cloud your judgement on it. I guess that is a sign of the times though. For me, honoring our military is always fine. I hope Trump goes for it.
The folks in the military, myself included, don't consider it an honor. In fact we consider it an unnecessary pain in the ass.

EXACTLY! Not only do you have to get an inspection ready uniform, but if you are in the Navy, chances are you haven't marched since A school, and would also have to take time out to practice. I don't know of anyone in the military, other than a select group of butt kissers, who enjoy doing crap like that.

Come on folks, you're way-over thinkin this. It's a parade honoring our Military folks. It isn't brain surgery.

Civilians see it as a parade to honor our military. Only thing is, the military is the one that has to participate in it, and those who are actually IN the military (not civilians looking on) look at something like this as a major pain in the ass.

I suspect y'all are just butthurt Democrat Wankers. No offense intended... ok, a little offense intended. :)

Stop getting all your 'information' from Democrat Fake News. The Military is fine with Trump. It's you Democrats it despises. That's the reality.

Hey stupid......................Military Times isn't "Democrat Fake News", it's a paper that is published by the military FOR the military. Try again.

I suspect y'all are just butthurt Democrat Wankers. No offense intended... ok, a little offense intended. :)

Actually, I'm a retired U.S. Navy sailor with over 20 years of service, and I also served in 4 war zones.

Only for those IN it.

For the rest, the vast majority, they will see it as honor.

And even though it is a pain in the ass, those in it, will see it as an honor also, especially with the passage of time and the pain in the ass fades, and the memories and the stories remain.

Actually, I'm a retired U.S. Navy sailor with over 20 years of service, and I also served in 4 war zones.

So you're not a butthurt Democrat? Am i wrong in assuming you are?

Only for those IN it.

And even though it is a pain in the ass, those in it, will see it as an honor also, especially with the passage of time and the pain in the ass fades, and the memories and the stories remain.

You know, as a member of the Administration division (I was a Personnelman), I got selected on a regular basis for crap like this, and ALL of them, with the exception of one were a major pain in the ass, and I have no fond memories.

However.................there is ONE exception to that. We pulled into France one time, and there was going to be a ceremony at some graveyard for an anniversary of WWII. That is the only one I remember fondly, because it was for an actual event that I cared about. And, the food they gave us afterwards was pretty great.

Yep, you are totally wrong. I joined the Navy at 17, was in boot camp 3 days after I turned 18, and I started out voting for the GOP because that is what my family did. After a few years, I figured out that some politicians weren't what they claimed to be, so I quit going straight GOP and decided to become an Independent.

See what making assumptions about what a person posts on a board does to your perceptions? Especially when filtered through your own bias.

Yep, you are totally wrong. I joined the Navy at 17, was in boot camp 3 days after I turned 18, and I started out voting for the GOP because that is what my family did. After a few years, I figured out that some politicians weren't what they claimed to be, so I quit going straight GOP and decided to become an Independent.

See what making assumptions about what a person posts on a board does to your perceptions? Especially when filtered through your own bias.

I don't know, you sound like a typical butthurt Democrat. But i'll give ya another chance. I'll check out more of your posts and see what's what.

Only for those IN it.

You know, as a member of the Administration division (I was a Personnelman), I got selected on a regular basis for crap like this, and ALL of them, with the exception of one were a major pain in the ass, and I have no fond memories.

However.................there is ONE exception to that. We pulled into France one time, and there was going to be a ceremony at some graveyard for an anniversary of WWII. That is the only one I remember fondly, because it was for an actual event that I cared about. And, the food they gave us afterwards was pretty great.

I would think that a lot of people would like telling and retelling the tale of how they drove their AFV though the streets of Washington DC and got a personal salute from the President.

Only for those IN it.

I would think that a lot of people would like telling and retelling the tale of how they drove their AFV though the streets of Washington DC and got a personal salute from the President.

I think the folks vehemently opposing it, are just hateful Anti-Trump Democrats. They're letting their irrational hate for Trump cloud their judgement. It is what it is.

Only for those IN it.

Hate to tell you, but in parades like that, MOST of the people are going to be walking, not riding in vehicles. And, depending on how big it is, it could be up to a couple of miles for marching.

And no, getting a salute from a sitting president isn't something that particularly thrills me. Clinton came onboard the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN-73) when it pulled into Ft. Lauderdale on it's shakedown cruise, and I did everything in my power to make sure that I wasn't onboard when he came. Why? Because things like that are nothing more than a lot of pomp and circumstance, and most people would prefer to not have to be a part of it if they can.

Only for those IN it.

Hate to tell you, but in parades like that, MOST of the people are going to be walking, not riding in vehicles. And, depending on how big it is, it could be up to a couple of miles for marching.

And no, getting a salute from a sitting president isn't something that particularly thrills me. Clinton came onboard the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN-73) when it pulled into Ft. Lauderdale on it's shakedown cruise, and I did everything in my power to make sure that I wasn't onboard when he came. Why? Because things like that are nothing more than a lot of pomp and circumstance, and most people would prefer to not have to be a part of it if they can.

My Father is law is an elderly retired cop and has told me, with enjoyment, of meeting, I believe it was Nixon, after doing security at an event, over 50 years ago.

I think you are overly cynical and projecting that on others.

Forum List

Back