Trump vs Every other Pres

There will be about 250k protesters out today in London and there will be regional protests around the UK.

I have never seen anything like it although the visit of the Chinese leader caused a lot of disruption a few years back.

But the US is our ally and Presidential visits have never generated this level of hostility. Obama was treated like a rockstar and even Bush Jnr was given the respect he probably didnt deserve.

So why this time ?

Firstly forget about any Dem/Gop partisanship. Very few people over here have any interest in that relationship. Not enough to take a day off work anyway.

Its not really anti Americanism either although there will be some elements their. People dont like Americas oil wars or their propping up Israel. But again that is nothing new, it has always been there.

In the UK we watch American films,listen to American music and our cultures are heavily influenced by the US.

The issue is Trump himself. He is seen as a living breathing manifestation of everything wrong with humanity. Misogyny , racism, greed,lying, cheating, narcissism, I could go on.

These are the key issues that I think are driving the protests.

1. Climate change. The US should be leading on this but Trump is in the pocket of fossil fuel interests. This affects all of us and is huge.

2. Womens rights. Abortion is only an issue in Northern Ireland which is at least a generation behind modern Britain.People can see hard fought rights being taken away from their sisters in the US by right wing loons.The fear is that what happens in the US today comes to Europe tomorrow.

3. Racism. The Muslim ban shocked folk over here. We all have Muslim friends . Singling out one group for special treatment has been tried before and is Un American.

4. The NHS. People are terrified that a post brexit deal with the US will introduce the more barbaric elements of US healthcare into the UK. Trump wants it and our government would do anything to get a deal with the US. Scary times.

I am sure there are other issues but these seem to be the main ones. The good news is that it will all go away with Trump and it will be business as usual with his successor. The bad news is that liberal values are under threat across the world. We havent moved on too much from the gas chambers.

I know he has a strong personal base. I can imagine how they will react to this post. I am just trying to explain why the US President is so hated in the UK.
D8IuZUHXUAEygu9.jpg

Only a little less than 1/2 your people hate him; the 1/2 that came up short in your Brexit referendum.
I bet my life savings that YOU want a do-over just like Democrat Yankee pigs want one here.
:backpedal:

Dude, you can be as snarky as you like.....makes no difference to me. All, I'm saying is that it didn't belong in the CDZ forum.

Is the above a mod action?

And yes, I understood the first time it didn't belong in CDZ - I am still trying to understand why that is. The rule...

No Name Calling Or Putting Down Posters

... I understood as prohibiting putting down posters. I wasn't aware that rule rendered low-life lawmakers or a vulgar, narcissistic clown of a pretend-president beyond criticism.
The issue I believe is related to the amount of work needed to mod a bunch of shit kicking backward fucks. Easier to boot it out but not a victory for civilised discourse.
You want to be lazy and not make the effort for a proper CDZ OP, don't expect a mod to bale your ass out, Tom.
It falls on your lap, so quit making excuses and placing blame on why it was moved. If you don't have the intelligence to present
a CDZ thread, stay in the other zones....maybe in the Taunting area, things are pretty lax there.
Next time, I'll just close your thread and not move it.

When Tom calls a group "right wing loons"in the OP, does that, or does that not reek of a call out?

I agree. Calling those sex-deprived, misogynistic, murderous, bible-banging, proto-fascistic, Supreme Court-disrespecting fetus fetishists, endeavoring to re-criminalize abortion, "right wing loons" shows a criminal lack of devotion to accuracy, and a truly offensive lack of creativity. Calling these lawmakers out... I cannot bring myself to approve of such weak sauce as Tommy poured over them, well-intentioned tough he may have been.

I don't even know where to begin with your cartoonish, hypocritical, LYING Eurotrash Islam-fellatio on this point: you liberal mollusks have SOLD YOUR SOULS to the most woman-brutalizing, demonstrably VIOLENT, genocide-committing, rape-epidemic, beheading-fetish, praised-by-Hitler, Nazi-collaborating Pisslam DISEASE! While your puerile Coward Continent swine curse us Americans of all these evil paranoid delusions that you muslim whoremasters are 3141592636 times guiltier of themselves. You cancer-deserving, backstabbing parasites on my country. A European never lived who had an ounce of honor or integrity, like the rest of your American-hating, pedophile-enabler subhuman continent.

Last edited:
There will be about 250k protesters out today in London and there will be regional protests around the UK.

I have never seen anything like it although the visit of the Chinese leader caused a lot of disruption a few years back.

But the US is our ally and Presidential visits have never generated this level of hostility. Obama was treated like a rockstar and even Bush Jnr was given the respect he probably didnt deserve.

So why this time ?

Firstly forget about any Dem/Gop partisanship. Very few people over here have any interest in that relationship. Not enough to take a day off work anyway.

Its not really anti Americanism either although there will be some elements their. People dont like Americas oil wars or their propping up Israel. But again that is nothing new, it has always been there.

In the UK we watch American films,listen to American music and our cultures are heavily influenced by the US.

The issue is Trump himself. He is seen as a living breathing manifestation of everything wrong with humanity. Misogyny , racism, greed,lying, cheating, narcissism, I could go on.

These are the key issues that I think are driving the protests.

1. Climate change. The US should be leading on this but Trump is in the pocket of fossil fuel interests. This affects all of us and is huge.

2. Womens rights. Abortion is only an issue in Northern Ireland which is at least a generation behind modern Britain.People can see hard fought rights being taken away from their sisters in the US by right wing loons.The fear is that what happens in the US today comes to Europe tomorrow.

3. Racism. The Muslim ban shocked folk over here. We all have Muslim friends . Singling out one group for special treatment has been tried before and is Un American.

4. The NHS. People are terrified that a post brexit deal with the US will introduce the more barbaric elements of US healthcare into the UK. Trump wants it and our government would do anything to get a deal with the US. Scary times.

I am sure there are other issues but these seem to be the main ones. The good news is that it will all go away with Trump and it will be business as usual with his successor. The bad news is that liberal values are under threat across the world. We havent moved on too much from the gas chambers.

I know he has a strong personal base. I can imagine how they will react to this post. I am just trying to explain why the US President is so hated in the UK.
D8IuZUHXUAEygu9.jpg

LMAO!

1. If Leftists really wanted to do something about climate change, they would embrace nuclear power because it is the ONLY viable energy source that is carbon free that can supply the high levels of energy that the nation needs, but they don't. Instead, they keep talking about wind and solar which are highly inefficient and can never meet the needs of the country. No, the only angle Leftists have with climate change is crippling the economy and capitalism. That is the goal for them. And yes, the Green Deal was a joke that would have cost the US hundreds of trillions of dollars and according to scientist done next to nothing about curbing climate change.

2. I think you will find that if you ask women if they want abortion banned the majority say they don't. However, if you ask the same women if limits on abortion should be created the majority of women support that. In other words, there needs to be a balance here, something that is woefully lacking. I think the heart beat legislation is a good compromise, and I suspect the majority of women would agree. They have 6 weeks to do something about their pregnancy before the heart beat can be detected.

But alas, the Left never compromises. It's their way or the high way every damn time

3. There was no Muslim ban. The proposed travel ban by Trump would have allowed over 90% of Muslims to come to the US. The ban was only against certain countries that are the worst in terms of terrorism. They just happen to be majority Muslim countries. Imagine that. In fact, Obama also made similar travel bans but since he was a black Leftists no one made a peep about it.

4. Health care? Democrats just "fixed" health care and the ink is not even dry on the legislation and they want to change it again? Why would we listen to the same retard voices that forced Obamacare down our throats?

The last thing I care about is that the majority in England think about the US, the same country that the US broke away from for just reasons. To be honest, I feel sorry for the people of England. Here they have voted for Brexit and their leaders refuse to give it to them. Democracy be damned! Thank God the US broke away from them.

Some people just like to bitch when it's all said and done the protest amount to nothing Trump will still be President no matter how badly these protesters wish otherwise.
The Europeans ought to worry about their own backyard and not what's going on on our side of the pond.

Well, America itself doesn't stay at home. It makes trouble and war all over the world and has been for decades.

Well, America itself doesn't stay at home. It makes trouble and war all over the world and has been for decades.

Not to mention the pompous lout washed up on British shores. So, one might describe that as their back yard, no?

Forum List

Back