Trump is too old and incited a coup. Biden is too old and mixes up names. America, how to choose?

Its a poor choice for the American people. Neither candidate inspires much optimism. How did it get to this ?

There are like 300 mil Americans but only two doddering old fools are up for President.The cupboard has not been so bare since dubya.

Its no better in the UK. But we dont really matter. The state of the US does.

I suspect I would back Biden as the least worse option.But that is a lukewarm endorsement.

But where are the younger generation of politicians ? What are they all doing ?
Which one has enough mental faculties left to be held accountable for mishandling classified information?

That's been my focus and my question since 2016. This isn't about either Biden or Trump. It's about us.

I think it's two things: A society that isn't living up to its responsibilities as thoughtful, informed citizens, and a political "system" that incentivizes and rewards the very worst impulses of its participants. As a result, the quality of our representation has collapsed and we just don't seem to care.
Yeah, I’d move to a different country if I were you… :dunno:

He never held the job he claims…

I have no idea. I just know that when questioned, he thumbs his nose and acts as if it is beneath him to defend his positions to us peons. We couldn’t possibly comprehend the complexity of his thoughts. That type of behavior is indicative of a person that is far less informed than they claim.

Its a poor choice for the American people. Neither candidate inspires much optimism. How did it get to this ?

There are like 300 mil Americans but only two doddering old fools are up for President.The cupboard has not been so bare since dubya.

I suspect I would back Biden as the least worse option.But that is a lukewarm endorsement.

Voter excitement? Let's see. One candidate draws 10,000 to rallies. The other is lucky to get 300. Guess which one inspires optimism.

I have no idea. I just know that when questioned, he thumbs his nose and acts as if it is beneath him to defend his positions to us peons. We couldn’t possibly comprehend the complexity of his thoughts. That type of behavior is indicative of a person that is far less informed than they claim.
Pure Narcissism....Plus, in not engaging to defend what he spews here, is indicative of a poser....My guess is that either his wife wears the sweat pants in that house, or he's a 15 year old living at mom and dads....

Voter excitement? Let's see. One candidate draws 10,000 to rallies. The other is lucky to get 300. Guess which one inspires optimism.
You and your fellow chimps seem unable to discuss issues on a non partisan basis like adults. You cant make the case that either candidate is suitable..

Age wasn't a concern with Biden in 2020 (he was 77), so why would it suddenly be a concern for a candidate this year?

An economy ALWAYS has negatives and positives.

Trumpsters called that economy The Greatest Ever, and it was built on inflationary QE. And Trump begged for MORE. Thank goodness the Fed told him to pound sand.

Try this on someone else. I'm done talking economics with Trumpsters.
Biden's paying people not to work for over a year coupled with his other massive spending sprees caused inflation.

America will always face this political dilemma. Why? Just blame the political system! The US systems do not support independent candidates. Actually, they promote moneyocracy, not democracy. Only 2 choices, Red or Blue. Nothing else. lol. 😁

Here are several reasons why independent presidential candidates have not met with great success in US politics.

Firstly, the US political system is dominated by two major parties, the Democrats and the Republicans, and they have a stranglehold on the political process. This makes it difficult for independent candidates to gain traction and support, as they often lack the resources and infrastructure of the major parties.

Additionally, the US electoral system heavily favors the two-party system, with winner-takes-all elections and a lack of proportional representation. This makes it difficult for independent candidates to win enough support to be competitive in elections.

Furthermore, independent candidates often struggle to gain widespread recognition and media coverage, as the media tends to focus on the major party candidates and their campaigns.

Finally, many voters are reluctant to vote for independent candidates, as they may feel that doing so will be a wasted vote or that it could potentially detract from the chances of their preferred major party candidate winning.

These factors, among others, have contributed to the lack of success for independent presidential candidates in US politics.
It seems a set up for grifters.The biggest gobs seem to get lots of traction. It also seems very easy at state level for crazy people to get elected. People who want to do things seem to be marginalised for clown shows.

This is how they choose:

I don't think saying the wrong word is necessarily a sign of dementia. I remember throwing in a wrong word, or two, or three, when I was in my twenties.

Trump has done it plenty of times. Said his dad was born in Germany (that was his granddad), said he ran against Obama, said Hillary was POTUS before him, talked about Revolutionary War airports, etc. But Trump is a different story.

Now Biden confusing Macron with Mitterrand reeks of old age. And his constant support of Netanyahu because they were buddies in their 20s. It could also be that Biden has poor advisers that don't give him a good picture of what is going on in Gaza.

In any case, I think for the sake of the whole world, not only the US, Biden should step down and let someone else take over and participate in the election.

Forum List

Back