Trump Said:

What generals? Please support that claim.

Just from a really quick search, I came up with this for you.

Trust Iran Only as Far as You Can Throw It Foreign Policy

Yet American veterans of the decade-long Iraq war and occupation say that the idea is both preposterous and dangerous. Iran, they maintain, has long played a double game in Mesopotamia and the Levant, both enabling Sunni extremists to infiltrate countries such as Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon and then swooping in as the only safeguard heralded against the very forces they helped unleash.

Another high-ranking retired U.S. military official, who asked not to be identified by name, told FP: "Ansar al-Islam, the people who eventually became al Qaeda in Iraq [the forerunner organization to ISIS] — where’d they come from? They came from Iran. They traveled from Iran through Iraqi Kurdistan and then through Mosul before moving south through Al Sharqat and then Tikrit." The official added: "Iran ran a very subversive campaign against Saddam long before we got into that country. And we were dealing with those same lines of communications before we got there. Look what they’ve done to the Levant, to Lebanon a couple times over. They’re even in Gaza."

Col. Rick Welch spent roughly seven years in Iraq, and worked directly under Gen. David Petraeus during the surge and "Anbar Awakening" period, acting as a chief U.S. military liaison with both the Sunni tribes and Shiite militia groups that were integral to containing what was then a roiling civil war.

"Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said."Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said. "They did not want to see democracy in Iraq. They were keeping us tied down and were preventing the [post-Saddam] government from functioning in order to create the cover to let them to get their intelligence assets in place, especially in the south, and then influence the government piece by piece. That was not conspiratorial in nature; it was a deeply held conviction and perception throughout Iraq, and throughout the U.S. military."

Its not far fetched at all. Iran is all about Iran and taking over the world.

LL just wants to make fun of Trump and call out his supposed ignorance.

Seems LL is the ignorant one in the instance.

LMAO.... The left hates Trump and calls him ignorant and not very smart.

Wish I was as dumb as him. I would be reading 'Politics for Dummies' at 45K in my G550 on the way to Bali

-Geaux

He's not ignorant. He's just a douchebag. A rich guy with no class. :D

Define class in this context

-Geaux

What do you mean? All you have to do is listen to him. It is pretty clear what I'm talking about. :D

Why, oh WHY can't we have some "normal peeps" run for president? I already know why. It's because only rich people can run for president and rich people are, generally speaking, weird. :)

...Excellent. You aren't supporting his candidacy. You've contributed greatly to this thread...
I would have thought that anyone who bothers to stop-by (Trump supporter or no) would be considered a 'contributor'.

...And...he's not so much a lightning rod as he is a flashlight. Shining a light on just how far gone the GOP base is.
Disagree.

A very sizable portion of the American Voting Public are tired of professional politicians and pandering and political correctness and business-as-usual.

Trump is drawing (temporary) support - or, at least, grudging, amused applause - from legions of Americans who see him to be sending a message to the political establishment.

That's a very healthy thing.

Trump himself would not be a 'healthy choice' for America, as President.

But he IS stirring the pot and sending a long-overdue message, and that's a very healthy state of affairs.

Here's to Donald staying in the race right up to the GOP convention in mid-2016, before exiting the scene.

The more shit he stirs-up and the more he forces the rest of the herd (on both sides of the aisle) to toughen-up and shoot straight, the better.

Just from a really quick search, I came up with this for you.

Trust Iran Only as Far as You Can Throw It Foreign Policy

Yet American veterans of the decade-long Iraq war and occupation say that the idea is both preposterous and dangerous. Iran, they maintain, has long played a double game in Mesopotamia and the Levant, both enabling Sunni extremists to infiltrate countries such as Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon and then swooping in as the only safeguard heralded against the very forces they helped unleash.

Another high-ranking retired U.S. military official, who asked not to be identified by name, told FP: "Ansar al-Islam, the people who eventually became al Qaeda in Iraq [the forerunner organization to ISIS] — where’d they come from? They came from Iran. They traveled from Iran through Iraqi Kurdistan and then through Mosul before moving south through Al Sharqat and then Tikrit." The official added: "Iran ran a very subversive campaign against Saddam long before we got into that country. And we were dealing with those same lines of communications before we got there. Look what they’ve done to the Levant, to Lebanon a couple times over. They’re even in Gaza."

Col. Rick Welch spent roughly seven years in Iraq, and worked directly under Gen. David Petraeus during the surge and "Anbar Awakening" period, acting as a chief U.S. military liaison with both the Sunni tribes and Shiite militia groups that were integral to containing what was then a roiling civil war.

"Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said."Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said. "They did not want to see democracy in Iraq. They were keeping us tied down and were preventing the [post-Saddam] government from functioning in order to create the cover to let them to get their intelligence assets in place, especially in the south, and then influence the government piece by piece. That was not conspiratorial in nature; it was a deeply held conviction and perception throughout Iraq, and throughout the U.S. military."

Wish I was as dumb as him. I would be reading 'Politics for Dummies' at 45K in my G550 on the way to Bali

-Geaux

-Geaux

What do you mean? All you have to do is listen to him. It is pretty clear what I'm talking about. :D

I do listen. Just not sure what 'class' means

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

Well, a man with "class" would have never said what DT said about Megyn Kelly, IMO. He would have displayed some self control and maybe made the best of the situation with a joke perhaps. Or maybe not have said anything at all. He could have said a lot of other things. :D

Why, oh WHY can't we have some "normal peeps" run for president? I already know why. It's because only rich people can run for president and rich people are, generally speaking, weird. :)
No, we're just confident enough to not give a fuck about what SADFIs think about us.

For those looking for context........there is none. He was discussing how he'd defeat ISIS by taking their money and oil.....then sending in troops to guard it.....when that little gem blurted out of his dopey lips. He was simply bullshitting. And the LIBERAL MEDIA didn't ask a fûcking follow up question.

Iran is a chief opponent to ISIS........and a candidate for POTUS should know it.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux

Well, a man with "class" would have never said what DT said about Megyn Kelly, IMO. He would have displayed some self control and maybe made the best of the situation with a joke perhaps. Or maybe not have said anything at all. He could have said a lot of other things. :D
Donald Trump suffers from a fatal disease - in a metaphorical political context.

This disease has a lengthy name.

It is called...

"I'm richer than God and really don't have to give a rat's ass what anybody thinks, even while running for President."

It is a disease that requires many months of elapsed time between the onset (announcement of candidacy) and its inevitably lethal outcome (withdrawal of candidacy).

Its harbingers are arrogance and a deaf ear.

There is no cure.

And, because it is self-inflicted, The People will walk away, when they've had enough.

Until then, sit back and enjoy the show.

Not the least of which is watching the rest of the Political Establishment squirm as they begin to absorb the message that the Voting Public sends to them in the form of interim applause for Mister Arrogant.

Anything that makes the Professional Political Hacks on both sides of the aisle squirm, can't be ALL bad.

That's no reason to support the guy for President, but it's reason enough to enjoy his participation while it lasts.

Last edited:
I think it's funny that someone asks for context when it comes to a Trump quote. He is unable to maintain a train of thought while speaking....he darts from one point to the next......issuing qualifiers and self-serving caveats along with every statement he makes.

Pay attention.....you'll see what I mean.

Yet all deflection and no context, you have no room to talk.

What was the context?

Is Trump trying to say that Iran is probably playing both sides in order to hedge its bets?

And, given that Trump is not going to win either the nomination nor the general election, does it really matter?

Trump's value is as a lightning-rod and cattle-prod to be used against the political leadership on both sides of the aisle for decades of politics-as-usual.

Hell, at this point, he could say that the Grand Poobah of Iran is in cahoots with Leon Trotsky, and nobody would care.

That's just The Donald being The Donald.

Fun, while it lasts.

Excellent. You aren't supporting his candidacy. You've contributed greatly to this thread.

And...he's not so much a lightning rod as he is a flashlight. Shining a light on just how far gone the GOP base is.
He is a lightning rod. He is a message to other candidates that we are tired of Political Correctness, manufacturing going overseas and ridiculous treaties that as someone said, a Care Bear could negotiate.

His stance on illegal immigrants is popular with the people as well. Are the candidates listening? We'll see.

I think it's funny that someone asks for context when it comes to a Trump quote. He is unable to maintain a train of thought while speaking....he darts from one point to the next......issuing qualifiers and self-serving caveats along with every statement he makes.

Pay attention.....you'll see what I mean.
And you are so talented...not!

For those looking for context........there is none. He was discussing how he'd defeat ISIS by taking their money and oil.....then sending in troops to guard it.....when that little gem blurted out of his dopey lips. He was simply bullshitting. And the LIBERAL MEDIA didn't ask a fûcking follow up question.

Iran is a chief opponent to ISIS........and a candidate for POTUS should know it.

So you admit you're as gullible as your dear leader and believe Iran, well except when they chant death to America that is. ISIS and Iran have the same stated goals, what makes you think the wouldn't help support them? Because they say so? LMAO.

Iran is a Shiite country.
The Islamic State is Sunni.
The Islamic State has killed more Shiites than any group as Shiites are the Islamic States biggest enemy.
It amazes me how uneducated Donald Trump is about the ME. But I'm not surprised at all about the ignorance of some USMB posters.

Iran is a Shiite country.
The Islamic State is Sunni.
The Islamic State has killed more Shiites than any group as Shiites are the Islamic States biggest enemy.
It amazes me how uneducated Donald Trump is about the ME. But I'm not surprised at all about the ignorance of some USMB posters.

Like Iran cares as long as they can keep string the pot with hopes of walking in and taking everything.

What was the context?

Is Trump trying to say that Iran is probably playing both sides in order to hedge its bets?

And, given that Trump is not going to win either the nomination nor the general election, does it really matter?

Trump's value is as a lightning-rod and cattle-prod to be used against the political leadership on both sides of the aisle for decades of politics-as-usual.

Hell, at this point, he could say that the Grand Poobah of Iran is in cahoots with Leon Trotsky, and nobody would care.

That's just The Donald being The Donald.

Fun, while it lasts.

Excellent. You aren't supporting his candidacy. You've contributed greatly to this thread.

And...he's not so much a lightning rod as he is a flashlight. Shining a light on just how far gone the GOP base is.
He is a lightning rod. He is a message to other candidates that we are tired of Political Correctness, manufacturing going overseas and ridiculous treaties that as someone said, a Care Bear could negotiate.

His stance on illegal immigrants is popular with the people as well. Are the candidates listening? We'll see.

Hey, I don't like him much, but I can agree with that. :D That's one thing that I DO like about him.

Forum List

Back