Trump Said:

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
"Believe it or not, Iran is funneling money to ISIS, too,”

Would any nutbags like to explain how you can support someone who knows so little that he'd say something like that?

What was the context?

Is Trump trying to say that Iran is probably playing both sides in order to hedge its bets?

And, given that Trump is not going to win either the nomination nor the general election, does it really matter?

Trump's value is as a lightning-rod and cattle-prod to be used against the political leadership on both sides of the aisle for decades of politics-as-usual.

Hell, at this point, he could say that the Grand Poobah of Iran is in cahoots with Leon Trotsky, and nobody would care.

That's just The Donald being The Donald.

Fun, while it lasts.

What was the context?

Is Trump trying to say that Iran is probably playing both sides in order to hedge its bets?

And, given that Trump is not going to win either the nomination nor the general election, does it really matter?

Trump's value is as a lightning-rod and cattle-prod to be used against the political leadership on both sides of the aisle for decades of politics-as-usual.

Hell, at this point, he could say that the Grand Poobah of Iran is in cahoots with Leon Trotsky, and nobody would care.

That's just The Donald being The Donald.

Fun, while it lasts.

Excellent. You aren't supporting his candidacy. You've contributed greatly to this thread.

And...he's not so much a lightning rod as he is a flashlight. Shining a light on just how far gone the GOP base is.

I think it's funny that someone asks for context when it comes to a Trump quote. He is unable to maintain a train of thought while speaking....he darts from one point to the next......issuing qualifiers and self-serving caveats along with every statement he makes.

Pay attention.....you'll see what I mean.

Would any nutbags like to explain how you can support someone who knows so little that he'd say something like that?

Why would you doubt that? This does not sound so far fetched. In fact, some generals have said the same, and I would think they know a little more than a poster on USMB. :D

Why would you doubt that? This does not sound so far fetched. In fact, some generals have said the same, and I would think they know a little more than a poster on USMB. :D

What generals? Please support that claim.

I would have to search for it, but I've posted an article here at this forum before where some people in high places believe Iran is playing a "double agent" kind of game. They like to cause mayhem (by proxy using terrorism) and then swoop in and look like the "hero." I'll have to look for some links later, as I have limited time available right now.

And you know just what about this? You're a pretty connected blogger

-Geaux

Just from a really quick search, I came up with this for you.

Trust Iran Only as Far as You Can Throw It Foreign Policy

Yet American veterans of the decade-long Iraq war and occupation say that the idea is both preposterous and dangerous. Iran, they maintain, has long played a double game in Mesopotamia and the Levant, both enabling Sunni extremists to infiltrate countries such as Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon and then swooping in as the only safeguard heralded against the very forces they helped unleash.

Another high-ranking retired U.S. military official, who asked not to be identified by name, told FP: "Ansar al-Islam, the people who eventually became al Qaeda in Iraq [the forerunner organization to ISIS] — where’d they come from? They came from Iran. They traveled from Iran through Iraqi Kurdistan and then through Mosul before moving south through Al Sharqat and then Tikrit." The official added: "Iran ran a very subversive campaign against Saddam long before we got into that country. And we were dealing with those same lines of communications before we got there. Look what they’ve done to the Levant, to Lebanon a couple times over. They’re even in Gaza."

Col. Rick Welch spent roughly seven years in Iraq, and worked directly under Gen. David Petraeus during the surge and "Anbar Awakening" period, acting as a chief U.S. military liaison with both the Sunni tribes and Shiite militia groups that were integral to containing what was then a roiling civil war.

"Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said."Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said. "They did not want to see democracy in Iraq. They were keeping us tied down and were preventing the [post-Saddam] government from functioning in order to create the cover to let them to get their intelligence assets in place, especially in the south, and then influence the government piece by piece. That was not conspiratorial in nature; it was a deeply held conviction and perception throughout Iraq, and throughout the U.S. military."

It is pointless to try to reason with clowns like them.

I think it's funny that someone asks for context when it comes to a Trump quote. He is unable to maintain a train of thought while speaking....he darts from one point to the next......issuing qualifiers and self-serving caveats along with every statement he makes.

Well now that you have such a real established history as a LIAR it's worth asking. So what was the context?

ALL the clowns, ALL of them.

Yet American veterans of the decade-long Iraq war and occupation say that the idea is both preposterous and dangerous. Iran, they maintain, has long played a double game in Mesopotamia and the Levant, both enabling Sunni extremists to infiltrate countries such as Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon and then swooping in as the only safeguard heralded against the very forces they helped unleash.

Another high-ranking retired U.S. military official, who asked not to be identified by name, told FP: "Ansar al-Islam, the people who eventually became al Qaeda in Iraq [the forerunner organization to ISIS] — where’d they come from? They came from Iran. They traveled from Iran through Iraqi Kurdistan and then through Mosul before moving south through Al Sharqat and then Tikrit." The official added: "Iran ran a very subversive campaign against Saddam long before we got into that country. And we were dealing with those same lines of communications before we got there. Look what they’ve done to the Levant, to Lebanon a couple times over. They’re even in Gaza."

Col. Rick Welch spent roughly seven years in Iraq, and worked directly under Gen. David Petraeus during the surge and "Anbar Awakening" period, acting as a chief U.S. military liaison with both the Sunni tribes and Shiite militia groups that were integral to containing what was then a roiling civil war.

"Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said."Back when we were getting intel from Iraqis at every level in our reconciliation program, they were telling us that Iran was funding any group that could keep Iraq chaotic," Welch said. "They did not want to see democracy in Iraq. They were keeping us tied down and were preventing the [post-Saddam] government from functioning in order to create the cover to let them to get their intelligence assets in place, especially in the south, and then influence the government piece by piece. That was not conspiratorial in nature; it was a deeply held conviction and perception throughout Iraq, and throughout the U.S. military."

Its not far fetched at all. Iran is all about Iran and taking over the world.

LL just wants to make fun of Trump and call out his supposed ignorance.

Seems LL is the ignorant one in the instance.

LMAO.... The left hates Trump and calls him ignorant and not very smart.

Wish I was as dumb as him. I would be reading 'Politics for Dummies' at 45K in my G550 on the way to Bali

-Geaux

Wish I was as dumb as him. I would be reading 'Politics for Dummies' at 45K in my G550 on the way to Bali

-Geaux

He's not ignorant. He's just a douchebag. A rich guy with no class. :D

T-Rump hears something 3rd hand and then repeats it as though it is the gospel truth.

He was unimpressive in the press conference yesterday where he was pushed for specifics and instead came up with some feeble excuse as to why you don't need actual plans to get things accomplished. Just because he has the money to buy whatever he wants doesn't mean that is how you run the government.

The more I hear him the less qualified he exposes himself as being for POTUS.

Ironic!

Doesn't matter.

The question stands.

What was the context of the remark?

-Geaux

He's not ignorant. He's just a douchebag. A rich guy with no class. :D

Define class in this context

-Geaux

Forum List

Back