trump Removes Funding For Stars & Stripes

Veterans point to value of Stars and Stripes amid proposal to strip funding from news organization

I don't agree with this decision................it is a small budget expense for military serving overseas..........I used to get the paper at the exchange in Japan.....................Of course back then we didn't have the internet...........and it was a way of reading about issues back home.

Today with Social media..........not sure if it's necessary or not............but it isn't a large expense...........given the 6 Trillion we spent on killing our fellow man.

Stars and Stripes isn’t what it once was. They run anti-Trump articles all the time. I was appalled when I saw that, don’t recall them ever running negative stories on other commander-in-chiefs.
Got a link to a negative article in the paper about Trump?

Are you saying this is why Trump and his cult want to cut the funding, and if the paper put the President always on a pedestal of praise, Trump would not have cut the funding?

trump's war on the media continues. Now it's Stars and Stripes. A paper read by about 1 million people. Probably mostly those in the military.

It's only 15 million dollars. It's so sad that trump is doing this. I hope that congress restores the funding.

Trump budget zeroes out funding for Stars and Stripes, the military's newspaper
The Stars & Stripes was the military paper I read when I was in the service in 1975.

EQ07VuMWsAI41yr

EQ07VuQWoAUcrzH

EQ07VuQXUAA7hx8

Another right-wing attack on freedom of speech. And one that directly affects our military. So patriotic! Not.
Your murdering babies after their birthed now and you are worrying about this!
For the first time in US history, children and babies have died in US custody at our southern border. I don’t know why banana Republicans want to kill children. I thought they were like all pro life or something?

trump's war on the media continues. Now it's Stars and Stripes. A paper read by about 1 million people. Probably mostly those in the military.

It's only 15 million dollars. It's so sad that trump is doing this. I hope that congress restores the funding.

So based on your own math if you want to read it those million people can get it for 15 bucks a year.

Hope he cuts NPR next.

NPR definitely needs to be cut; or, if liberals insist on having it, then they can either show that they are providing equal content and viewpoints from all sides; or, Trump can provide for funding of AM Talk Radio.
They provide equal viewpoints. They show trumps lies and then they show the truth. How much more equal can you get?

EQ0e1ViWkAEbl6t

Unbelievable! Trump* wants to pay for those tax cuts for the rich - and he'll be coming after Social Security and the safety nets soon.
You do know Pelosi robbed social security to pay for Trump's impeachment? Where is your outrage?
You know that's false, right? But cult members are all about spreading lies, aren't they? #Becauseitsacult
Awe you say Trump will do it, when you say things like that, it's your party actually doing it.

Unbelievable! Trump* wants to pay for those tax cuts for the rich - and he'll be coming after Social Security and the safety nets soon.
You do know Pelosi robbed social security to pay for Trump's impeachment? Where is your outrage?
You lie like a rug...... :)
She actually did it. I see you could careless. How hypocritical of you.
Pelosi Didn't Raid Social Security for Impeachment Inquiry

It was from a joke site like the onion. Why do you embarrass yourself so? You can go look it up on your own? Don’t you people have any shame?

A banner at the top of the website, for example, reads, “Potatriots unite for satire, ridicule and mockery.”

Veterans point to value of Stars and Stripes amid proposal to strip funding from news organization

I don't agree with this decision................it is a small budget expense for military serving overseas..........I used to get the paper at the exchange in Japan.....................Of course back then we didn't have the internet...........and it was a way of reading about issues back home.

Today with Social media..........not sure if it's necessary or not............but it isn't a large expense...........given the 6 Trillion we spent on killing our fellow man.

Stars and Stripes isn’t what it once was. They run anti-Trump articles all the time. I was appalled when I saw that, don’t recall them ever running negative stories on other commander-in-chiefs.

Are you saying this is why Trump and his cult want to cut the funding, and if the paper put the President always on a pedestal of praise, Trump would not have cut the funding?

Here is a small sample. I’ve seen worse in paper copies.

'Veterans for Impeachment' banners protest Trump during World Series game

And yes, a military publication shouldn’t be undermining the CNC and should have its lead editors fired or the whole thing defunded.

Now no US military personnel on earth will ever get any news through any other means. They have no other choices at all.

It's news specifically for and about the military. Things not normally covered by the Kabul Times.
leftwingers always whine about the deficit, but whenever any Republican tries to cut anything, the crying and blubbering goes over the redline.

You lie like a rug...... :)
She actually did it. I see you could careless. How hypocritical of you.
Pelosi Didn't Raid Social Security for Impeachment Inquiry

It was from a joke site like the onion. Why do you embarrass yourself so? You can go look it up on your own? Don’t you people have any shame?

A banner at the top of the website, for example, reads, “Potatriots unite for satire, ridicule and mockery.”
Snopes and politifact are saying she didn't. Yeah they aren't bias. How did she pay for it then?

So based on your own math if you want to read it those million people can get it for 15 bucks a year.

Hope he cuts NPR next.
the stars and stripes was the ONLY newspaper us military related Americans stationed over seas had in English....

this is bull crap!

4 weekends of his stays at his golf resorts with secret service costs and airforce 1 flying him and the wifey costs, could pay for it....

Now no US military personnel on earth will ever get any news through any other means. They have no other choices at all.
when you are stationed overseas there isn't too many choices... the Stars and Stripes was like your hometown newspaper to those stationed overseas... written and produced for military and families....

wonder why he is doing this?

he should just stop going to his golf resorts near every damn weekend....to save money
Melanoma needs an upgrade to her wardrobe. A 15 million $ upgrade.

Another right-wing attack on freedom of speech. And one that directly affects our military. So patriotic! Not.

He’s been trying to cut funding to wetbacks but you lowlifes weren’t having that either as you need that constituency...how do you expect the Feds to fund all that free shit you degenerates keep begging for? What gives?

Hope he cuts NPR next.
NPR gets almost no federal.funding anyway.

Hope he cuts NPR next.

Have you ever listened to NPR? Of course not, you are one more echo of the BIG LIES which are the grist of faux conservatives and right wing propagandists.

Hope he cuts NPR next.
Cuts NPR so that it doesn't exist.

From wiki-

Stars and Stripes is a non-appropriated fund (NAF) organization, only partially subsidized by the Department of Defense. A large portion of its operating costs is earned through the sale of advertising and subscriptions. Unique among the many military publications, Stars and Stripes operates as a First Amendment newspaper and is part of the newly formed Defense Media Activity. The other entities encompassed by the Defense Media Activity (the DoD News Channel and Armed Forces Radio and Television Service, for example), are command publications of the Department of Defense; only Stars and Stripes maintains complete editorial independence.

Here is a small sample. I’ve seen worse in paper copies.

'Veterans for Impeachment' banners protest Trump during World Series game

And yes, a military publication shouldn’t be undermining the CNC and should have its lead editors fired or the whole thing defunded.

You are advocating that our service members, some of whom are in combat zones, should receive only censored news. Don't you think that they deserve better? Merely reporting that some veterans are disgusted with trump and want him impeached doesn't "undermine" anyone.

From the agonized yowling one would think that Trump shut it down. No. You can still get the paper. Just pay for it. It isn't that expensive.

Forum List

Back