Trumps old Chief of Staff calls out Fox News

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
John Kelly called out Fox News during a speech and not in a positive way. Interesting that a Conservative ex trump guy would point at Fox instead of the big bad MSM.

Analysis: John Kelly's biggest slam wasn't even about Trump — CNN Politics

"The media, in my view, and I feel very strongly about this, is not the enemy of the people," Kelly said. "We need a free media. That said, you have to be careful about what you are watching and reading, because the media has taken sides. So if you only watch Fox News, because it's reinforcing what you believe, you are not an informed citizen."

John Kelly called out Fox News during a speech and not in a positive way. Interesting that a Conservative ex trump guy would point at Fox instead of the big bad MSM.

"The media, in my view, and I feel very strongly about this, is not the enemy of the people," Kelly said. "We need a free media. That said, you have to be careful about what you are watching and reading, because the media has taken sides. So if you only watch Fox News, because it's reinforcing what you believe, you are not an informed citizen."
Why doesn’t he and other democrats face off with Hannity or tucker and let the people decide who won the argument.. he won’t.. he’s a coward

Why doesn’t he and other democrats face off with Hannity or tucker and let the people decide who won the argument.. he won’t.. he’s a coward

What's true and what's false, isn't an argument. People who watch FOX know less about REAL current events than people who never watch the news. FOX gives the conservative point of view on the news, but they don't actually have journalistic ethics and standards. On air personalities are told what stories to push, and what point of view to present. Facts are optional, truth isn't even a consideration.

Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post but is well known to keep out of its editorial and political operations. The rest of the the MSM is owned by public corporations, who have to answer to their shareholders, and who take journnalistic ethics seriously, to maintain public trust.

Media which is owned by right wing billionaires exists for the purpose of promoting the Republican Party and right wing policies which gives tax cuts to their billionaire owners. They count on ginning up fear and anger in the base against all things liberal and they don't care about truth or facts.

All of the leading right wing media outlets are owned by billionaires. The Murdochs own FOX and the Wall Street Journal, the Mercers who own Breitbart, another website that promotes anti-immigrant garbage, racism and other lies, and the Sinclairs who own lots and lots of local FOX network stations.

Last edited:
When I moved to the US and saw FOX news the first time...at first i thought it was satire and then I was like no there is no way anone in their right mind would listen to their garbage. Fast forward and I knew why fox news is popular, those that watch it have low IQ and are easily manipulated.

What's true and what's false, isn't an argument. People who watch FOX know less about REAL current events than people who never watch the news. FOX gives the conservative point of view on the news, but they don't actually have journalistic ethics and standards. On air personalities are told what stories to push, and what point of view to present. Facts are optional, truth isn't even a consideration.

Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post but is well known to keep out of its editorial and political operations. The rest of the the MSM is owned by public corporations, who have to answer to their shareholders, and who take journnalistic ethics seriously, to maintain public trust.

Media which is owned by right wing billionaires exists for the purpose of promoting the Republican Party and right wing policies which gives tax cuts to their billionaire owners. They count on ginning up fear and anger in the base against all things liberal and they don't care about truth or facts.

All of the leading right wing media outlets are owned by billionaires. The Murdochs own FOX and the Wall Street Journal, the Mercers who own Breitbart, another website that promotes anti-immigrant garbage, racism and other lies, and the Sinclairs who own lots and lots of local FOX network stations.
Do you watch Fox News?

When I moved to the US and saw FOX news the first time...at first i thought it was satire and then I was like no there is no way anone in their right mind would listen to their garbage. Fast forward and I knew why fox news is popular, those that watch it have low IQ and are easily manipulated.
Only real news source America has

Do you watch Fox News?

I have watched it but it's insipid, and they just flat out lie. A lot. I don't have much patience for liars. And they constantly try to gin up outrage against liberals. FOX heavily promoted the Birther lies. Stuff like that. Sometimes I just tune in for the entertainment value of watching something so bad that it's hard to believe anyone falls for this crap.

If anyone from CNN (another network I have little use for), had broadcast that Seth Rich fiction that Hannity broadcast, which FOX was forced to publically retract and apologize for, and which resulted in two lawsuits that FOX was forced to settle, that reporter would have been fired. Hannity got sent "on vacation" for a couple of weeks, and that was it.

There's also a total "dirty old man" vibe to FOX that just creeps me out. All of the women are young and blond, and dressed in short, tight, sleeveless dresses, sitting on sofas so you can peek up their skirts. The men are all much, much older. Few of the women do substantive reporting. That's left to the men. I felt this way LONG before I learned about Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly and their sexual harassment suit.

:21::21::21::21: tha'ts why america is in trouble having a clown in charge.

Do you watch Fox News?

I have watched it but it's insipid, and they just flat out lie. A lot. I don't have much patience for liars. And they constantly try to gin up outrage against liberals. FOX heavily promoted the Birther lies. Stuff like that. Sometimes I just tune in for the entertainment value of watching something so bad that it's hard to believe anyone falls for this crap.

If anyone from CNN (another network I have little use for), had broadcast that Seth Rich fiction that Hannity broadcast, which FOX was forced to publically retract and apologize for, and which resulted in two lawsuits that FOX was forced to settle, that reporter would have been fired. Hannity got sent "on vacation" for a couple of weeks, and that was it.

There's also a total "dirty old man" vibe to FOX that just creeps me out. All of the women are young and blond, and dressed in short, tight, sleeveless dresses, sitting on sofas so you can peek up their skirts. The men are all much, much older. Few of the women do substantive reporting. That's left to the men. I felt this way LONG before I learned about Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly and their sexual harassment suit.
Everything about Fox news is creepy. the way some of the men dress and comb their hair makes you feel as if you are watching tapes from the 80's.

Watching or reading ANY MSM reporting guarantees you aren’t informed, including Fox News (Fox is part of the MSM).

Maybe Kelley is angling for a lucrative contract from CNN pr MSNBC.

Listen to the liberal Assholes talk about the media. That is funny. Your news stations are better. Keep dreaming losers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OP is actually about John Kelly talking about the media.

Watching or reading ANY MSM reporting guarantees you aren’t informed, including Fox News (Fox is part of the MSM).

Maybe... or maybe he is just telling the truth as he sees it and how he experienced it from his inside knowledge and observations of how the news is reported.

I see the obvious bias and spin going on from all networks, it’s unavoidable at this point but I do find it interesting that Fox is the network that Kelly singled out.

if he was looking for a media gig I’m sure Fox would have welcomed him with open arms. Don’t think I’m buying your theory.

Maybe... or maybe he is just telling the truth as he sees it and how he experienced it from his inside knowledge and observations of how the news is reported.

I see the obvious bias and spin going on from all networks, it’s unavoidable at this point but I do find it interesting that Fox is the network that Kelly singled out.

if he was looking for a media gig I’m sure Fox would have welcomed him with open arms. Don’t think I’m buying your theory.
If he is looking for an MSM gig, dumping on Fox News makes good sense. Fox is but one conservative network among a sea of liberal networks. Far more choices on the liberal side of the MSM.

If he is looking for an MSM gig, dumping on Fox News makes good sense. Fox is but one conservative network among a sea of liberal networks. Far more choices on the liberal side of the MSM.
Fox is the largest cable news network in the country and a home for many conservatives. Are you ruling out the option that he was just giving an honest observation? Doesn’t that seem more likely than the political angle you’re implying?

Your post is stupid and ignorant.

Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post but is well known to keep out of its editorial and political operations. The rest of the the MSM is owned by public corporations, who have to answer to their shareholders, and who take journalistic ethics seriously, to maintain public trust.

You state lies without posting links to back them up. FXN is "fair and balanced", the MSM, and I watch them all, rarely have Republicans in their debates to present "alternate facts". Kelly has an axe to grind, factor that into your analysis.
Harvard study proves Fox is the most balanced network. | Elite Trader
Harvard Study reveals media bias
TONEofTRUMP-820x516.png

Trump’s coverage during his first 100 days set a new standard for negativity. Findings include:
  • President Trump has received unsparing coverage for most weeks of his presidency, without a single major topic where coverage, on balance, was more positive than negative, setting a new standard for unfavorable press coverage of a president.
  • Every news outlet in the study was negative more often than positive.
  • Fox was the only news outlet that came close to giving Trump positive coverage overall

Do you watch Fox News?

It sounds as though you hate real news and that real men and woman stand up against the establishment media and have the balls to tell America what’s going on. You hat attractive woman. Even thou most are democrats it’s a good balance ..

:21::21::21::21: tha'ts why america is in trouble having a clown in charge.
Huh

Forum List

Back