Trump lies shamelessly about his tax-cut plan.

Claims that he, and other rich will not benefit from his tax-cut...while it does EVERYTHING to benefit them:

1. removing inheritance tax.
2. Removes Alternate Minimum tax
3. pass through business income top bracket cut from 39 to just 20%
4. Top personal income rate from 39 to 35%
5. Corporate tax rate cut from 35% to 20%

This all adds up to a HUGE TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH and Trump personally with not a single idea on how to pay for all that.

And then he tops it off with "Belive me!"...what the fuck is wrong with him and how can his supporters stand by him when he pretty much spits in their face like that and calls them too stupid to know better.

Analysis | Tax reform is ‘not good for me, believe me,’ Trump said. Don’t.

But it benefits the majority of the middle class...

As long as I get mine, I could care less who else benefits

-Geaux
You do realise that giving tax cuts while driving up the national debt has consequences that aren't beneficial to you?
8. United States of America
  • National Debt: $19.23 trillion (USD)
  • Debt per Capita: $61,231 (USD)
  • Debt-to-GDP Ratio: 106.1%
  • Population: 324.35 million
  • Currency: US Dollar
The United States is the world’s largest economy and it also has the highest level of national debt. While its national debt levels exceed the country’s GDP in 2017, in 2007, the U.S. debt-to-GDP ratio was at just 62.5%. The U.S. government spends around 6% of its annual budget just repaying the interest payments on its debt, which significantly reduces the amount of money available to pay for other programs. In order to repay such a massive debt, the government could decrease spending, which could impede economic growth, or increase taxes to raise revenue.
So you might not care who benefits from tax cuts, but maybe you should. I personally don't think it a bad idea to tax people who can afford to pay the increase.

Claims that he, and other rich will not benefit from his tax-cut...while it does EVERYTHING to benefit them:

This all adds up to a HUGE TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH and Trump personally with not a single idea on how to pay for all that.

And then he tops it off with "Belive me!"...what the fuck is wrong with him and how can his supporters stand by him when he pretty much spits in their face like that and calls them too stupid to know better.

-Geaux
You do realise that giving tax cuts while driving up the national debt has consequences that aren't beneficial to you?
The United States is the world’s largest economy and it also has the highest level of national debt. While its national debt levels exceed the country’s GDP in 2017, in 2007, the U.S. debt-to-GDP ratio was at just 62.5%. The U.S. government spends around 6% of its annual budget just repaying the interest payments on its debt, which significantly reduces the amount of money available to pay for other programs. In order to repay such a massive debt, the government could decrease spending, which could impede economic growth, or increase taxes to raise revenue.
So you might not care who benefits from tax cuts, but maybe you should. I personally don't think it a bad idea to tax people who can afford to pay the increase.

After 8 years of Obama, I'm immune to increases of the debt. In this case, its for a good cause.

-Geaux

Says the one that support social programs causing the poor to remain poor by taking away the incentive to do better.

I do support social programs; you are simply echoing the Right Wing / Callous Conservative meme that they are not only not effective, but that they hurt those the policies were developed to aid.

That's one of the many BIG LIES echoed by the naive and the biddable.

I bet you believe the Republican tax "reform" bill aids the middle class and not the wealthiest Americans.

Americans should have no fear about Communism or Terrorists anymore than they do about stupid people like you voting for self serving pols like Ryan, Trump, McConnell and Tea Party / Freedom Party Caucus Members.

Trickle down never aided the many, and austerity never cured an economic crisis.
we don't. so what are you going to do when you don't have the power to do anything? think I should do what you like? hahahahaahaha you are truly silly.

Of course you believe I'm silly, from your level of intelligence I suspect you think a shark attack or a plane crash is silly.

You're the kind that thinks giving someone through social welfare something they didn't earn and at a level more than they could if they worked is an incentive for them to get a job.

You're the kind that thought Obama being black was a qualification.

You're the last one to talk about low intelligence.

What in your opinion is "social welfare"? Can you name some of the programs which can be described as such?

Food stamps (TANF), Section 8/Public Housing, WIC, School lunch program, EITC, Obamacare subsidies, MediCAID. Those are some of the more commonly known ones. Those programs where those doing the getting aren't the ones doing the funding.

I don't consider Social Security/Medicare since one is supposed to have put into the system for a minimum number of years to be eligible. I don't like such programs because I believe people should be able to save/invest how they choose to do so.

:desk:
You are stupid. I think you assume that everyone is a stupid as you are. This leads me to believe that Democrat voters are less educated.

Less than half of Americans pay income tax because of their lack of income....so of course an income tax cut won't benefit them.
Inheritance taxes don't just effect the rich. They effect everyone who owns property. Unless you don't have a pot to piss in, which means you're probably on welfare and don't pay taxes anyway.
Tax-cuts for small businesses help create more jobs because it allows them to afford more to run their businesses.
When you allow consumers to keep more of their own money less of it is spent on bringing refugees from other countries here and more is spent on products that are sold here.

Yes.....the rich....better known as "JOB CREATERS" will benefit from this bill. However, this tax-cut benefits the Middle-class, but you would rather fuck the Middle-class if it means that those hated rich folks didn't get a break as well.
Democrats have been using "Tax-cuts For The Rich" as an excuse for decades.
Maybe you can use this tax-cut to buy a new excuse against something that is historically great for the economy.
It's obvious that Democrats hate a strong American economy.
They fully intend on causing a Depression.

-Geaux

Obama shouldn't have almost doubled the debt.

So you base it on your belief that those having more than you think they should have should be forced to pay more. Since many who use that argument say living in society involves contributing to it, they contradict themselves when they continue to support the half that don't pay incomes taxes continuing to do so. How can they live in society yet no contribute?

-Geaux

So you base it on your belief that those having more than you think they should have should be forced to pay more. Since many who use that argument say living in society involves contributing to it, they contradict themselves when they continue to support the half that don't pay incomes taxes continuing to do so. How can they live in society yet no contribute?

Republicans squawked about debt for eight years

Why doesn't their tax reform reduce the debt?
Where is that Balanced Budget Amendment they demanded?
Why has the deficit increased and the National Debt broken $20 trillion?
Why is there now money available to expand the military, build infrastructure and build a wall when Republicans said we could not afford such things when Obama was President?

-Geaux

Republicans squawked about debt for eight years

Why doesn't their tax reform reduce the debt?
Where is that Balanced Budget Amendment they demanded?
Why has the deficit increased and the National Debt broken $20 trillion?
Why is there now money available to expand the military, build infrastructure and build a wall when Republicans said we could not afford such things when Obama was President?

Democrats didn't have a problem with their black boy raising it for 8 years now they want the white guy to fix the problem the black one caused. That's why an unqualified black shouldn't be in a government job for a social experiment.

-Geaux
Do you realize that tax cuts takes money from the government and puts it in the economy, which in turn creates growth, new jobs, and more productivity?

No.....probably not.

All of that spending Obama did to double the debt and only now you're worried about it.

Wanna know where Obama got all of that money so he could increase the debt?
From you and me.
Wanna know what he spent it on?
Welfare and bringing millions of refugees here to eat up all of our benefits and increase the debt.

It is amazing to see all the lies from the Left about Trump's plan.

Libtards have never seen a tax cut that they liked. They only like tax increases because they love the fucking government so much. They are despicable excuses for human beings.

Liberals lied about Bush's tax cut just like they lied about Reagan's tax cut and are now lying about Trump's. . However, Obama and the Democrat Congress extended the Bush tax cuts when they had the opportunity to change it.

Maybe if he showed us his taxes we could see how much it benefits him

Trump's tax plans calls for eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax. We did see one year of his taxes.

In that year, if the AMT were eliminated, Trump would have saved 31 MILLION DOLLARS.
so?

Trump said the plan wouldn't benefit him. that's the 'so'.

Lie after lie after lie.
His supporters like being lied to.

That is both the most true statement ever made on USMB, and the biggest understatement.

How's it going to help you .. are you leaving over $5 million? That's the only way it could concern you.
What does it matter to you? Why the random 5 million? What makes you think that's some magical number that after that the government deserves? How about we set the limit to something you can afford. Let's say anything over 100k. Why not right? Some will never get to pass on that amount so it seems fair.
Who pays the estate tax?

The Tax Policy Center estimates that some 11,310 individuals dying in 2017 will leave estates large enough to require filing an estate tax return (estates with a gross value under $5.49 million need not file this return in 2017). After allowing for deductions and credits, 5,460 estates will owe tax. Over two-thirds of these taxable estates will come from the top 10 percent of income earners and close to one-fourth will come from the top 1 percent alone.

Careful, they don't like facts.
The fact is why do you want to take other people's gains. What does that do for you other than bringing them down to your level. You would be far better off if you could just hand over what you made to your kids. They can make things better for your grandkids.

Instead you want everyone to start at zero. So why do you work to help your kids at all?

I actually don't, flat tax across the board with no expenditures. Businesses get payroll deductions, hows that for fair.
I've always been a flat tax fan. It should be equal across the board.

-Geaux
Do you realize that tax cuts takes money from the government and puts it in the economy, which in turn creates growth, new jobs, and more productivity?

No.....probably not.

All of that spending Obama did to double the debt and only now you're worried about it.

Wanna know where Obama got all of that money so he could increase the debt?
From you and me.
Wanna know what he spent it on?
Welfare and bringing millions of refugees here to eat up all of our benefits and increase the debt.
First of, trickle down is highly speculative at best.
  • High income earners have a high marginal propensity to save. Therefore, the increased disposable income from a tax cut does not filter into other sections of the economy because it is saved not spent.
  • Instead higher incomes may be used to accumulate wealth; this wealth accumulation leads to further capital gains and income from assets – leading to even higher levels of income and wealth inequality.
  • Higher GDP doesn’t address the fundamental inequality of capitalist society. Even if tax cuts did lead to higher economic growth, higher output necessarily lead to higher real incomes for all. Low income workers may be left behind in certain types of economic growth. The UK recovery 2011-14 has been notable for low real income growth.
  • Budget deficit. Cutting taxes in the US, led to an increase in the budget deficit. (from 2.7% of GDP in 1980 to 6% of GDP in 1983) Although, this provides a temporary fiscal boost, a budget deficit creates problems for the future economy (possibility of higher interest rates, higher taxes in the future)
  • Wrong target. If you want to reduce relative poverty, it makes sense to target income tax cuts and benefits at those who need it. Cutting taxes for the rich, in the hope some may trickle down to the poorest is a very inefficient way of working.
  • Cutting taxes does not necessarily increase incentives to work (both the substitution and income effect are at work and may cancel each other out).
  • It was hoped cutting income tax would encourage people to work overtime and work more hours. But in practise, this didn’t occur.
Secondly trying to blame the debt increase on Obama is deceptive. True the debt ballooned under Obama. Untrue, Obama is solely to blame. Has President Obama Doubled the National Debt?
Thirdly even more importantly. I'm not for a national debt. I just think that
a) The government taxes not as a punishment but rather to fund it's operating and if you want services you will have to want to pay for them.
b) Since higher incomes can afford to pay more without a real decrease in living standard they should pay more.
This is opposed to people who think people should pay just what they need at the moment and expect the government to find the money somehow when the shit hits the fan. Not just healthcare but also infrastructure and disaster relief spring to mind.

Last edited:
I do support social programs; you are simply echoing the Right Wing / Callous Conservative meme that they are not only not effective, but that they hurt those the policies were developed to aid.

That's one of the many BIG LIES echoed by the naive and the biddable.

I bet you believe the Republican tax "reform" bill aids the middle class and not the wealthiest Americans.

Americans should have no fear about Communism or Terrorists anymore than they do about stupid people like you voting for self serving pols like Ryan, Trump, McConnell and Tea Party / Freedom Party Caucus Members.

Trickle down never aided the many, and austerity never cured an economic crisis.
we don't. so what are you going to do when you don't have the power to do anything? think I should do what you like? hahahahaahaha you are truly silly.

Of course you believe I'm silly, from your level of intelligence I suspect you think a shark attack or a plane crash is silly.

You're the kind that thinks giving someone through social welfare something they didn't earn and at a level more than they could if they worked is an incentive for them to get a job.

You're the kind that thought Obama being black was a qualification.

You're the last one to talk about low intelligence.

What in your opinion is "social welfare"? Can you name some of the programs which can be described as such?

Food stamps (TANF), Section 8/Public Housing, WIC, School lunch program, EITC, Obamacare subsidies, MediCAID. Those are some of the more commonly known ones. Those programs where those doing the getting aren't the ones doing the funding.

I don't consider Social Security/Medicare since one is supposed to have put into the system for a minimum number of years to be eligible. I don't like such programs because I believe people should be able to save/invest how they choose to do so.

Have you ever traveled outside of the United States? I ask this because I have, and I have seen what results from a government which has total disregard for the Social Contract, which IMO and that of many others framed the thinking or our founders as expressed in the Preamble to our Constitution.

People will survive, and will do whatever is necessary to do so; history tell us so.

Those doing the funding benefit when the basic needs of the poor are taken care of via programs you've noted. Putting pathos aside, it is better to feed a person than to suffer the experience of being a victim of crime. It is far more expensive to arrest, detain, adjudicate and punish a thief than it is to feed, educate or train him or her, and to provide equal access and equal opportunities.

What does it matter to you? Why the random 5 million? What makes you think that's some magical number that after that the government deserves? How about we set the limit to something you can afford. Let's say anything over 100k. Why not right? Some will never get to pass on that amount so it seems fair.
Who pays the estate tax?

The Tax Policy Center estimates that some 11,310 individuals dying in 2017 will leave estates large enough to require filing an estate tax return (estates with a gross value under $5.49 million need not file this return in 2017). After allowing for deductions and credits, 5,460 estates will owe tax. Over two-thirds of these taxable estates will come from the top 10 percent of income earners and close to one-fourth will come from the top 1 percent alone.

Careful, they don't like facts.
The fact is why do you want to take other people's gains. What does that do for you other than bringing them down to your level. You would be far better off if you could just hand over what you made to your kids. They can make things better for your grandkids.

Instead you want everyone to start at zero. So why do you work to help your kids at all?

I actually don't, flat tax across the board with no expenditures. Businesses get payroll deductions, hows that for fair.
I've always been a flat tax fan. It should be equal across the board.

A perfect way ^^^ to create a Plutocracy and to destroy the American Dream.

Inheritance taxes don't just effect the rich. They effect everyone who owns property. Unless you don't have a pot to piss in, which means you're probably on welfare and don't pay taxes anyway.

For 2017, the estate and gift tax exemption is $5.49 million per individual, up from $5.45 million in 2016. That means an individual can leave $5.49 million to heirs and pay no federal estate or gift tax.Oct 25, 2016

For 2017, the estate and gift tax exemption is $5.49 million per individual, up from $5.45 million in 2016. That means an individual can leave $5.49 million to heirs and pay no federal estate or gift tax.Oct 25, 2016

Yep, as usual Muddy is full of bull-Looney!

Yep, as usual Muddy is full of bull-Looney!

It comes from followinfg the tweets of somebody who has $4 billion to leave to his kids. So his tax plan is all about cutting his own taxes.

Forum List

Back