CDZ Trump: It's his way or the highway

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Well, Trump's thin skin has gotten the best of him and now he's beseeched his party-mates to fall in line behind him or he'll take his campaign on his own. "We have to have our Republicans either stick together or let me just do it by myself," he said.

Um...Can a threat be any more empty? Nobody' stopping Trump from doing it by himself. As I recall, doing it on his own as an Independent instead of as a Republican was what Trump has long noted he was willing to do.

Frankly, I never saw Trump as anything but a Republican of convenience. The money grubbing opportunist, IMO, weighed the options -- (1) run as an Independent and spend my own money to do so, or (2) run as a Republican and use the GOP's money -- and chose what he saw as the least expensive path to potentially winning the November general election. In his hubris and stupidity (aside perhaps from in the real estate development industry -- even I'll admit the man isn't stupid about everything -- which, given the quantity of imbroglios and bankruptcies he's had, may yet be more a matter of luck than intellect), Trump demonstrated to a tee the Dunning-Kruger effect.

The man never even considered that the nation would figure out what a bigoted jackass he is. It never crossed his mind that it would never figure out that strategic video game players know more than he about foreign, immigration and economic policy, even as his main platform points ostensibly have to do with exactly those public policy. Trump instead counted on the "Robbers Cave" effect to draw voters to his side. Well, he got the last part right; the "Robbers Cave" phenomenon worked exactly as it is stated to.

Well, I say, fine, Trump. Take your little red wagon, your baseball bat and your insult engraved balls and go play by yourself. It's what you should have done from the start. Why it's taken you so damn long to figure out you aren't truly wanted by Republicans is beyond me to say other than that you just are too blind to have seen it sooner.

Fine. Take your sorry ass and leave the GOP. You weren't ever a true Republican to begin with.

Trumps been doing it his/our way for an entire year now. So either the GOPe get behind him or he continues to do it his way. He has a mandate with the American people, not the establishment clowns. He won the primary without their support, he'll win the nomination without their support.

Well, Trump's thin skin has gotten the best of him and now he's beseeched his party-mates to fall in line behind him or he'll take his campaign on his own. "We have to have our Republicans either stick together or let me just do it by myself," he said.
...h.

Considering the relentless and hysterical insults and vile smears that have been leveled at Trump over the last few months,

it is absurd to call Trump thin skinned at this point.

Trumps been doing it his/our way for an entire year now. So either the GOPe get behind him or he continues to do it his way. He has a mandate with the American people, not the establishment clowns. He won the primary without their support, he'll win the nomination without their support.

Red:
I don't see anyone begging him to stay in the GOP. Maybe someone who matters is....I say let him go his own way and drop his pretenses of being a Republican.

Blue:
Mandate from the American people? Hardly. He has one from people who voted in GOP primaries. That's it.

Green:
He might. It appears he will. Whether he in fact will, however, remains to be seen.

Red:
I don't see anyone begging him to stay in the GOP. Maybe someone who matters is....I say let him go his own way and drop his pretenses of being a Republican.

Blue:
Mandate from the American people? Hardly. He has one from people who voted in GOP primaries. That's it.

Green:
He might. It appears he will. Whether he in fact will, however, remains to be seen.
Red:
He's a Republican whether the elites and old dinosaurs like it or not. Being a Republican, or Democrat for that matter, isn't about "checking off the boxes" Trumps huge win proves that

Blue:
Yes mandate from the American people. Are the millions of people who voted for him in the GOP primaries not considered the American people?

Green:
Fair enough

Red:

Blue:

Green:
Red:
He's a Republican whether the elites and old dinosaurs like it or not. Being a Republican, or Democrat for that matter, isn't about "checking off the boxes" Trumps huge win proves that

Blue:
Yes mandate from the American people. Are the millions of people who voted for him in the GOP primaries not considered the American people?

Green:
Fair enough
There have been many failings by the DNC the RNC and the press. The biggest I think is the inability to see Trump as the NEW center of GOP politics.

Red:

Blue:

Green:
Red:

Blue:

Green:
Fair enough
There have been many failings by the DNC the RNC and the press. The biggest I think is the inability to see Trump as the NEW center of GOP politics.

I believe they do see it and fear it. He's going to disrupt the entire circus they (Dems and Repubs) have been running. On a very serious note DF, Trump is playing with fire and I do fear for his safety at times. Let me be clear, the "fire" he's playing with are the elites and their money. That's a dangerous game.

I am not sure where you are standing about the topic you are sharing with us.

Yes, a threat can be emptier. If you empty it once, it becomes a treat, and we can still empty it further. Empty it again, and again, and again, and we finally have life: a rat.

I did not have all the information you shared, which is in fact quite surprising. I am glad to know of the benefits of a telecommunicative hiatus, apparently also as Trump (television ads and millions of people alternated: a box-set and an open environment).

I get what you are saying, with all of your feelings included, but I do not comprehend why you are separating Republicans from everyone else. I understand Trump may also be doing it, but then again, he's got his own reasons, and apparently, as far as I know, he is not directly included in the conversation to confirm his particular reasons. To me, as an active political citizen, a second-hand interview is simply not sufficient to know the precedence and aims of political public statements, except by serving as an emotional self examination (as those commercial ads that I would never buy a product of but yet find myself drawn in a curiously absurd way - perhaps to spark an idea or to reflect upon a previous one). The purpose I find in redirecting our ideas through our image of other personal agents (you and I speaking of Trump, for example) is so we may get to know one another, that is, you and I, with the eventual process of we becoming intimate and also to eventually know and include Trump in the we (as he really is, and not as our image of him), no matter what our preferences may be or how they may change (to wear red, to play baseball, to ride a wagon, and so on...).

Forum List

Back