Trump hints at expanded role for the Military within the US

If I am looking at the direction of this nation and the blue cities...it just might be needed. Or he could let them burn the cities down since they voted these fanatical liberal District Attorneys and mayors in.

/----/ I'd like to see the faces of BLM and Antifa militants when they face a well-trained army that can and will fight back.
1701121098708.png

Our military was the most powerful since the Roman Legions. Right up to three years ago when it was meticulously dismantled. Since October 7, our military has been attacked 73 times without any retaliation at all. The American military was chased out of Afghanistan by a bunch of terrorists using our own weapons.

By its own admission, all branches of the military have shifted priority to use of pronouns, abortion security, diversity, equity and inclusion instead of military readiness. To achieve goals the military no longer accepts white men with a family history of service. These guys are too militaristic.

All in the last three years.

I had just read that piece this morning. My initial reaction was very negative. I don’t believe that our society wants our military to serve in the role of civilian law enforcement.

That said, upon a full reading, which actually cited some law and historical precedent, I have to concede that the Insurrection Act does seem to authorize such use of the National Guard under those specific circumstances.

I’m still leaning in opposition to the Trump (very general and murky) proposal. But unlike our resident, here, I have to admit that there might be some need for it at unusual times and for very limited durations.

This is about where I stand on this issue too. I am a firm believer in federalism and I think local law and order belongs exclusively at the local and state level. If a mayor or governor do not ask for help or even the Chief of Police then the president should stay out of it IMHO. I also think the president should increase the budget and manpower for the Border Patrol, and if their charter needs to be amended to include any new responsibilities then so be it.

I don't know what the specifics are in the Insurrection Act as far as presidential powers are concerned, but it's should be very limited in scope and time. And I believe the Congress can and should override that authority as necessary without presidential approval. To be honest, I am God Damned tired of the politicians using public safety and security as a political weapon, as has happened in the past. But frankly if the people in a city or state where law and order are not being properly maintained and they have not voted the responsible persons/parties out of office then shame on 'em. They can suffer the consequences IMHO, that's what elections are for. And the rest of us should not have to pay for the repair/rebuilding that takes place later.

Our military was the most powerful since the Roman Legions. Right up to three years ago when it was meticulously dismantled. Since October 7, our military has been attacked 73 times without any retaliation at all. The American military was chased out of Afghanistan by a bunch of terrorists using our own weapons.

By its own admission, all branches of the military have shifted priority to use of pronouns, abortion security, diversity, equity and inclusion instead of military readiness. To achieve goals the military no longer accepts white men with a family history of service. These guys are too militaristic.

All in the last three years.

Our Military is the most powerful in the history of mankind

Not an answer

Name a country
China Russia Iran Afghanistan (we already lost there) North Korea, cartels of Central America (instant surrender there). A destroyer did win against five Houthi pirates but ran away after two missiles chased them off. Maybe someone broke a nail.

China Russia Iran Afghanistan (we already lost there) North Korea, cartels of Central America (instant surrender there). A destroyer did win against five Houthi pirates but ran away after two missiles chased them off. Maybe someone broke a nail.

All those countries combined could not beat our military
We have Naval and Air Power superior to anyone
Our Army and Marines have superior training, tactics and equipment

Forum List

Back