Trump hints at expanded role for the Military within the US

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
If I am looking at the direction of this nation and the blue cities...it just might be needed. Or he could let them burn the cities down since they voted these fanatical liberal District Attorneys and mayors in.

Trump and his confederates are betting that most people aren't paying attention to what he's saying he's going to do.

He might very well be right about that.
It seems the American people have been overloaded with so much drama that they've become numb to it.

Let's see if women show up for pro choice.

Let's see if Arab Americans really DON'T vote for Biden like they say they are not.

Let's see if Republicans stay home and don't vote for Trump. There will be a lot of that.

Let's see if this 3rd party led by RFK Jr. hurts Biden. RFK is in cohoots with Trump to

A. Make Democrats look dumb
B. Cost Biden votes

Who the hell walks around barefoot on a plane?

1701100403134.png

It seems the American people have been overloaded with so much drama that they've become numb to it.

Let's see if women show up for pro choice.

Let's see if Arab Americans really DON'T vote for Biden like they say they are not.

Let's see if Republicans stay home and don't vote for Trump. There will be a lot of that.

Let's see if this 3rd party led by RFK Jr. hurts Biden. RFK is in cohoots with Trump to

A. Make Democrats look dumb
B. Cost Biden votes

Who the hell walks around barefoot on a plane?

View attachment 864647
Well, the fact that more than 5% of the country supports this move towards authoritarianism is bad enough. But yeah, I think there is a numbness to this, and that's pretty goddamn dangerous.

If I am looking at the direction of this nation and the blue cities...it just might be needed. Or he could let them burn the cities down since they voted these fanatical liberal District Attorneys and mayors in.

2qs1vwy19w2c1.jpg

is it possible to become more transparently fascist?

Well, the fact that more than 5% of the country supports this move towards authoritarianism is bad enough. But yeah, I think there is a numbness to this, and that's pretty goddamn dangerous.
What percent?

THE US REPUBLICAN Party has become increasingly authoritarian and extreme in recent years, and it doesn’t seem likely to moderate that in the foreseeable future. Despite performing poorly in the 2022 midterms after running many candidates the public saw as too extreme, the GOP has decided to elevate and empower far-right lawmakers like representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz.

In Florida, books have been removed from school shelves as governor Ron DeSantis tries to reshape the public education system in his own image. Republican lawmakers around the US have passed abortion bans that put pregnant women’s lives in danger. The rights of transgender people are under attack throughout the country.

Nearly half of Republicans say they would prefer “strong, unelected leaders” over “weak elected ones,” according to a September Axios-Ipsos poll, and around 55 percent of Republicans say defending the “traditional” way of life by force may soon become necessary. About 61 percent of Republicans don’t believe the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Finding examples of extremism, a lust for authoritarian leaders, and general antidemocratic beliefs in America is not difficult these days—just spend a few minutes online. The question is how far down the rabbit hole the United States has gone and where it may end up in the not-too-distant future.

“To call a party democratic—committed to democracy—they’ve got to do three basic things: They have to unambiguously accept election results, they have to unambiguously renounce violence, and they have to consistently and unambiguously break with extremists or antidemocratic forces,” says Steve Levitsky, a professor of government at Harvard University. “I think the Republican Party now fails these three basic tests.”

Levitsky says far too many Republican leaders have flirted with using violence to achieve their political goals and spread lies about the most recent presidential election. He says politicians like DeSantis appear to be experimenting with an authoritarian way of governing in their own states that could be applied at the national level should they successfully run for president.

Even the military can't save cities in the grip of criminal oppression. Leftist DA's will just let them go.

The military clearly belongs on the border. Right now the border region is controlled by paramilitary cartels. It will take the military to dislodge these groups.

Put the military on the border. Arm all civilians and empower them to fight off criminals. That's a start.

THE US REPUBLICAN Party has become increasingly authoritarian and extreme in recent years, and it doesn’t seem likely to moderate that in the foreseeable future.
I have to admit that I just didn't see it. They just appear to be naturally inclined to gravitate towards (what they consider to be) strong, bold, iconic leaders. Look at their longstanding love of Reagan. They want to be led. And all along, they've talked about "freedom" and "liberty" and "self reliance". It turns out it's just the opposite.

I gave 'em too much credit. I thought they were serious. Now they're fine with an expanded military on our ground. In-fucking-credible.

Even the military can't save cities in the grip of criminal oppression. Leftist DA's will just let them go.

The military clearly belongs on the border. Right now the border region is controlled by paramilitary cartels. It will take the military to dislodge these groups.

Put the military on the border. Arm all civilians and empower them to fight off criminals. That's a start.
Not a bad idea. We can't trust politicians or police. Clearly someone's working with the cartels. Crooked cops and politicians. So what we do is put soldiers on the border. It's something every private has to do. Watch the border for 3 months. But no longer than that. If any longer the cartels will find out who you are and either threaten your family or pay you to look the other way.

Yup. Step one towards communism… authoritarian leader that uses the military on its own people. Keep cheering it on moron!

There isn’t a shooting war at the border. Poor people are showing up and surrendering to authorities. What’s the need for all the arms?

I have to admit that I just didn't see it. They just appear to be naturally inclined to gravitate towards (what they consider to be) strong, bold, iconic leaders. Look at their longstanding love of Reagan. They want to be led. And all along, they've talked about "freedom" and "liberty" and "self reliance". It turns out it's just the opposite.

I gave 'em too much credit. I thought they were serious. Now they're fine with an expanded military on our ground. In-fucking-credible.

They only want to be free to do what they want to do. But not free to wear a tranny dress in public. Suddenly it's "what about the kids?"

They want a powerless government who can't use the EPA to stop global polluters but then they want a president to have a lot of power. Unless it's a Democrat in charge then they'll flip flop.

Hypocrites.

Yup. Step one towards communism… authoritarian leader that uses the military on its own people. Keep cheering it on moron!
It's like me saying "I wouldn't mind if Bill, Barrack or Joe took over the country and became a dictator because he's a Democrat and I love Democrats so much that I want them to take over our democracy. And in the future we will only have two choices. Far right wing candidates vs. libertarian leaning candidates. Then they would be okay with a vote because it's either a con or a nutter con. No libs.

It's like me saying "I wouldn't mind if Bill, Barrack or Joe took over the country and became a dictator because he's a Democrat and I love Democrats so much that I want them to take over our democracy. And in the future we will only have two choices. Far right wing candidates vs. libertarian leaning candidates. Then they would be okay with a vote because it's either a con or a nutter con. No libs.
Huh?

There isn’t a shooting war at the border. Poor people are showing up and surrendering to authorities. What’s the need for all the arms?
There isn't a shooting war because the cartels are unopposed. They control the entire border. Challenge that and it will be an immediate shooting war.

Forum List

Back