Trump hints at expanded role for the Military within the US

Bullshit
Not only that but he has avoided deploying them in unnecessary wars
Right now there are US Military Personnel In 67 Countries ( 15 of which have serious combat or insurgencies or proxy fighting going on , and another 11 are adjacent to countries with Wars or action )

Right now there are US Military Personnel In 67 Countries ( 15 of which have serious combat or insurgencies or proxy fighting going on , and another 11 are adjacent to countries with Wars or action )
Notice how they are not deployed in Ukraine?
That didn’t happen in Vietnam, Kuwait, Afghanistan or Iraq

Doesn’t seem that way, does it?

Republicans freeze promotions, threaten their pay, call them weak
Well, forgive me if my mind tends to dwell on the last 40 years of Democrat mischief rather than the moronic ideas spouted off by the left today.

They won’t even fight the Iranians & their Proxy’s after 72 attacks on American Forces so no

Another wise choice by Biden

His experience and patience has kept us from deploying our troops
If only LBJ, Bush, and baby Bush had the foresight not to fight other peoples wars

Another wise choice by Biden

His experience and patience has kept us from deploying our troops
If only LBJ, Bush, and baby Bush had the foresight not to fight other peoples wars
Yet 72 Attacks 3 Deaths and 102 Injuries to US Military personnel is not reasonable cause for involvement

Last edited:
If I am looking at the direction of this nation and the blue cities...it just might be needed. Or he could let them burn the cities down since they voted these fanatical liberal District Attorneys and mayors in.

I had just read that piece this morning. My initial reaction was very negative. I don’t believe that our society wants our military to serve in the role of civilian law enforcement.

That said, upon a full reading, which actually cited some law and historical precedent, I have to concede that the Insurrection Act does seem to authorize such use of the National Guard under those specific circumstances.

I’m still leaning in opposition to the Trump (very general and murky) proposal. But unlike our resident, here, I have to admit that there might be some need for it at unusual times and for very limited durations.

I could see expanding the role of the US Border Patrol if it became necessary. But as far as I know, there are no attacks or depredations against US civilians or their property on this side of the border. The state governors do have ANG troops at their disposal to maintain L&E. The president could and should beef up the Border Patrol and if Congress agrees then the BP's charter could be amended as needed. But using US federal troops for law enforcement purposes on the border or anywhere else is a tricky business that could eventually lead to an oppressive police state. It's been done before:

George H.W. Bush was the last president to use the Insurrection Act, a response to riots in Los Angeles in 1992 after the acquittal of the white police officers who beat Black motorist Rodney King in an incident that was videotaped.

But that incident was confined to one city, whereas the 2020 riots were widespread. I don't think it's a good idea to have the US Army patrolling the streets of any and every major city. If the respective city and state officials who are charged with maintaining law and order do not request assistance, then as far as I'm concerned the citizens and voters therein are getting the gov't they voted for and deserve. And the rest of us shouldn't be paying anything to repair and rebuild after the damage is done.
The reason why you don't hear of any attacks at the border is because the border is controlled by the cartels whose actions are protected by the US government. No one stops the invaders. If someone does they are prosecuted by the United Statesl. Recently a rancher was arrested when a dead invader was merely found on his property. The thefts, killing livestock and pets go unchallenged. Destroying property, cutting waterlines, cutting fences are treated as lawful activity. If law enforcement were to take a stand against making US citizens mere prey you would see open warfare.

Forum List

Back