Trump: Farmers will understand if they get hurt in China trade spat

If this winning, I don't want to see what losing is like.lol
But I know the Kool-aid drinkers think this is a win.

The full quote in the context you stripped from it in your OP:
"President Trump on Monday acknowledged that U.S. farmers could take a hit from trade disputes with China but said they will ultimately "understand" why the confrontation is necessary.

"But if we do a deal with China, if, during the course of a negotiation they want to hit the farmers because they think that hits me, I wouldn't say that's nice. But I tell you, our farmers are great patriots," Trump said.

"These are great patriots. They understand that they're doing this for the country," Trump said. "And we'll make it up to them. And in the end, they're going to be much stronger than they are right now.""

The President is giving credit to the farmers that they are smarter than partisan Dimocrats or Open Borders Republicans and, as our trade with CHINA is favoring them by hundreds of billions each year in our trade deficit, if we ended all trade with China we keep that money here and create new markets for American goods.

But this is the liberal mentality to not do ANYTHING that might cause someone to get hurt even if it is in the interest of the nation as a whole.

Trump has clearly not spoken to many farmers, as they are not near as good with this as he is pretending. He also left off the fact that he has instructed his Sec of Ag to be prepared to help the farmers hurt by this financially. They looked into using the crop insurance program but that would not work so they are looking at the CCC, which does not hold enough money to actually help many farmers.

The farmers I talk to are still with Trump. They believe China can't do without them.

The one's I talk to are worried as hell. Spoke with one of the board of directors from the Ill Soybean Association yesterday and they are very worried, especially with the planned acreage for soybeans this year.

Read three or four articles from trade sites about it yesterday and none of them express the sentiment that you did.
It was a week ago when I was out talking to farmers. They were all still pro Trump last week. Farm suppliers & companies up stream are worried.

If tariffs are actually imposed it will force China's "US Dollar Recycling" to slow down, then they will finally get the message!

A lot has changed in that week! lol

China surrendered overnight. Sad end to an absurd debate.

download.php

China surrendered overnight. Sad end to an absurd debate.
---------------------------------------- i think that thats correct isn't it ?? 'china' blinked from what i heard , if true , GO TRUMP !!

Last edited:
But I know the Kool-aid drinkers think this is a win.

I get it. You're a hardcore partisan and you're never going to give Trump credit for anything good that he does for the American people and you will criticize him at every opportunity, regardless of whether the criticism is fair or not. And then you call those that don't share your narrow, unreasonable views as "Kool-aid drinkers". It seems to me that you're just a shill. I don't even know why I bother to read your rhetoric.

I actually have no problem praising Trump. But he hasn't done shit that is praise worthy.

Not all Trump supporters are Kool-aid drinkers.

But there is a large number of his supporters that are. You have to admit Trump supporters will often defended Trump even when he's dead wrong.

Trump also gets a pass on a lot. No other president could act like he does with his clowning and immature rants.

The full quote in the context you stripped from it in your OP:
"President Trump on Monday acknowledged that U.S. farmers could take a hit from trade disputes with China but said they will ultimately "understand" why the confrontation is necessary.

"But if we do a deal with China, if, during the course of a negotiation they want to hit the farmers because they think that hits me, I wouldn't say that's nice. But I tell you, our farmers are great patriots," Trump said.

"These are great patriots. They understand that they're doing this for the country," Trump said. "And we'll make it up to them. And in the end, they're going to be much stronger than they are right now.""

The President is giving credit to the farmers that they are smarter than partisan Dimocrats or Open Borders Republicans and, as our trade with CHINA is favoring them by hundreds of billions each year in our trade deficit, if we ended all trade with China we keep that money here and create new markets for American goods.

But this is the liberal mentality to not do ANYTHING that might cause someone to get hurt even if it is in the interest of the nation as a whole.

Trump has clearly not spoken to many farmers, as they are not near as good with this as he is pretending. He also left off the fact that he has instructed his Sec of Ag to be prepared to help the farmers hurt by this financially. They looked into using the crop insurance program but that would not work so they are looking at the CCC, which does not hold enough money to actually help many farmers.

The farmers I talk to are still with Trump. They believe China can't do without them.

The one's I talk to are worried as hell. Spoke with one of the board of directors from the Ill Soybean Association yesterday and they are very worried, especially with the planned acreage for soybeans this year.

Read three or four articles from trade sites about it yesterday and none of them express the sentiment that you did.
It was a week ago when I was out talking to farmers. They were all still pro Trump last week. Farm suppliers & companies up stream are worried.

If tariffs are actually imposed it will force China's "US Dollar Recycling" to slow down, then they will finally get the message!

American food is still needed around the world, dude.

India, Indonesia, Vietnam and plenty of other over populated countries will buy US food exports.

You just want to pretend the US is vulnerable in all this and we are not.

Last edited:

American food is still needed around the world, dude.

India, Indonesia, Vietnam and plenty of other over populated countries will by US food exports.

You just want to pretend the US is vulnerable in all this and we are not.

You need to go on a tour and let all the farmers in the midwest know they have nothing to worry about, because you said so. Because I can tell you from first hand knowledge, they are worried.

Perhaps today as I am speaking with members of the Missouri Pork Association, I will let them know that you said they have nothing at all to worry about.

I am sure that will make them feel soooo much better.

The TRUMP can do as he likes . I even heard that he could have a filmed altercation on 'new yorks' fifth Ave in broad daylight and his supporters would still support him Nia born and collecting info and thoughtful reasoning since 1988 . [since 1988 as a guess]

The TRUMP can do as he likes . I even heard that he could have a filmed altercation on 'new yorks' fifth Ave in broad daylight and his supporters would still support him Nia born and collecting info and thoughtful reasoning since 1988 . [since 1988 as a guess]
Actually, I believe he said he could shoot someone on fifth Ave and his supporter would still support him.
The mark of a cult figure.

well , worry ain't all bad as worry about money makes Farmer and others tighten their belts and become more thoughtful about the money they spend and the Debt that they accumulate GGator .

You need to go on a tour and let all the farmers in the midwest know they have nothing to worry about, because you said so. Because I can tell you from first hand knowledge, they are worried.

Perhaps today as I am speaking with members of the Missouri Pork Association, I will let them know that you said they have nothing at all to worry about.

I am sure that will make them feel soooo much better.

If what you say is true then they are too stupid to see the othermarkets and too lazy to develop them.

But in all likelihood you are simply lying your ass off.

I cant help it you and your drooling limp dicks you talk to are too fucking lame to compete in a market that is a growers market..

he is not a CULT Leader imo . To me The TRUMP is simply an American President , the best i have seen in about 50 years of caring about what an American President is . The TRUMP sorta reminds me of some older generations of Americans born at the turn of the 20th Century and in the 1920s as they grew up into young Americans to fight ww2 DeanRD !!

If what you say is true then they are too stupid to see the othermarkets and too lazy to develop them.

yeah, that is it. Some kid in his mommy's basement talking shit on the internet knows way more about the Ag industry than those actually in it.

You are a joke. You have no knowledge of what you speak, you just parrot the talking points you get when you pull you head out of Trump's ass to get a breath.

well , worry ain't all bad as worry about money makes Farmer and others tighten their belts and become more thoughtful about the money they spend and the Debt that they accumulate GGator .

Most farmers are one bad crop year from bankruptcy.

yeah, that is it. Some kid in his mommy's basement talking shit on the internet knows way more about the Ag industry than those actually in it.

You are a joke. You have no knowledge of what you speak, you just parrot the talking points you get when you pull you head out of Trump's ass to get a breath.

And you are a lame ass idiot.

Welcome to my ignore list, loser.

he is not a CULT Leader imo . To me The TRUMP is simply an American President , the best i have seen in about 50 years of caring about what an American President is . The TRUMP sorta reminds me of some older generations of Americans born at the turn of the 20th Century and in the 1920s as they grew up into young Americans to fight ww2 DeanRD !!
I was in the military in the 70's. Trump used the bone spurs argument.
If I know anyone like him, they have been wise to keep it a secret.

5346-1516602782-34bdb4d8a9bf66d619f5e27dc790b5ec.jpg

Forum List

Back