Trump downgraded to "bad" on immigration

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Conservative Review is poised to downgrade Donald Trump to "bad" on immigration.

CR set to downgrade Trump to 'Bad' on immigration. Here’s why

Will the real Donald Trump immigration plan please stand up? That is the question conservatives have been asking themselves this week after a series of flip-flops from the Donald on his immigration stance. Trump, who ran through the primary process promising to “build a wall” that “Mexico will pay for” and to deport every last illegal immigrant in the United States, pivoted away from that position this week. This change in position comes with less than two weeks before voting starts in at least one state, and amid continuing polling problems for Trump.

Rumblings about a change in tone from the Trump campaign on immigration came during the beginning of the week and the story reached its peak on Wednesday in a televised town hall where Trump said that he’s “softening” his position on immigration. As Conservative Review’s Chris Pandolfo noted, Trump’s language now echoes that of Jeb Bush and the Gang of Eight immigration bill.

Having illegal immigrants pay a fine and back taxes to stay in the country was the policy proposed in the Gang of Eight amnesty bill!

Further, that is the position on amnesty once held by former candidate for the Republican nomination for president Jeb Bush.

"I think for the eleven or twelve million people here illegally, they should come out from the shadows, they should pay a fine, they should pay taxes, they should work," Bush said in an interview back in October of 2015.

Even emphatic Trump-supporter Ann Coulter, who, in a stroke of bad timing released a book “In Trump we Trust” this week, was taken aback by the change. Mediaite cataloged a tweetstorm by the author and commentator.

The Conservative Review profile of Donald Trump warned from the beginning that conservatives should be wary of Trump’s immigration positions. Highlighted were Trump’s contradictory statements from 2013 straight through the primary campaign. CR is set to downgrade Trump to “Bad” on immigration, which will mean a sweep of “Bad” scores on immigration for every presidential candidate.

The Trump flip-flop could not have come at a worse time for Trump. North Carolina is a must-win state for Trump in November. He is currently trailing Hillary Clinton in the Tar Heel State according to polling. This is especially concerning because North Carolina begins mailing absentee election ballots in less than two weeks,on September 9, 2016.

First off...the MSM claiming there are only 11-12 million illegals in the country, is pure propaganda. The number is likely closer to 30 million.

Trump has flipped flopped on this issue. He now sounds like Little Jebby or any of the other dumb shit R candidates.

Before implementing anything, Trump has to first win.

And against lying Hillary. in the pocket of the special interest.. he should do whatever it takes.

This is where it REALLY gets interesting, it's where we'll see how committed his support is.

To be frank, I doubt his support believed the explosive hyperbole to begin with... it's the message not the particular details.

Enough is enough... don't feed the special interest... don't repeat Germany.

Personally, I could care less what what he says his immigration policy is. For me, it's anybody but the pantsuit bulldyke, even a big orange clown.

This is where it REALLY gets interesting, it's where we'll see how committed his support is.

To be frank, I doubt his support believed the explosive hyperbole to begin with... it's the message not the particular details.

Yeah. What I'm curious about is whether the more vocal supporters would feel betrayed, and if so, how vocal they would be about it.

Yeah. What I'm curious about is whether the more vocal supporters would feel betrayed, and if so, how vocal they would be about it.
I thought the 35-foot wall Trump was proposing was a bit short of expectations....

Trump hasn't flip flopped at all. Democrats said he did.

Well, Conservative Review is certainly not Democrat, so you're obviously mistaken about something. I distinctly remember him saying "they all have to go... sorry... but they have to go!" I also clearly recall his rabid supporters arguing they supported Trump because he wouldn't cave on immigration like the rest... well, he has caved. This was after one meeting with Latino leaders, by the way.

What I continue to see from Trump is, he talks a great game and then he has a meeting with progressives or liberals and his position changes. He makes bold statements, then a progressive or liberal reporter confronts him and he changes his rhetoric. But hey... Let's all put our enduring faith in Donald Trump and bury our heads in the sand and pretend he's not flip flopping! ...At least he ain't Hillary, right?

Well, Conservative Review is certainly not Democrat, so you're obviously mistaken about something. I distinctly remember him saying "they all have to go... sorry... but they have to go!" I also clearly recall his rabid supporters arguing they supported Trump because he wouldn't cave on immigration like the rest... well, he has caved. This was after one meeting with Latino leaders, by the way.

What I continue to see from Trump is, he talks a great game and then he has a meeting with progressives or liberals and his position changes. He makes bold statements, then a progressive or liberal reporter confronts him and he changes his rhetoric. But hey... Let's all put our enduring faith in Donald Trump and bury our heads in the sand and pretend he's not flip flopping! ...At least he ain't Hillary, right?

He isn't flip flopping, he is becoming more realistic and moderate with his views. Where are these people who said his views are written to the bible? You are being dumb...

Hillary wants open borders and 650,000 more muslim immigrants ..That your choice

Personally, I could care less what what he says his immigration policy is. For me, it's anybody but the pantsuit bulldyke, even a big orange clown.

Well, personally, I think it's a mistake to elect people without caring what they say. You end up supporting things you never intended to support and your credibility and name are tied to things you never intended to be tied to.

The "Conservatives" who have chosen to back Trump have now put themselves in the awkward position of having to defend his pivoting and flip-flopping on major aspects of his candidacy. You see the results of this... some simply appear silly as they deny he has changed his position at all, when it's a matter of public record.

Well, personally, I think it's a mistake to elect people without caring what they say. You end up supporting things you never intended to support and your credibility and name are tied to things you never intended to be tied to.

The "Conservatives" who have chosen to back Trump have now put themselves in the awkward position of having to defend his pivoting and flip-flopping on major aspects of his candidacy. You see the results of this... some simply appear silly as they deny he has changed his position at all, when it's a matter of public record.

And some like you appear confused. The choice is Hillary or Trump that's the choice. Are you confused?

It's certain not not conservative....:lol:

He isn't flip flopping, he is becoming more realistic and moderate with his views. Where are these people who said his views are written to the bible? You are being dumb...

No, you're being dumb... and silly. He has now adopted the Gang of 8 Amnesty position SO adorned by all... Including Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio. Say what you will, Marco Rubio was beating Hillary's brains out in every national poll.

You picked the wrong guy.

No, you're being dumb... and silly. He has now adopted the Gang of 8 Amnesty position SO adorned by all... Including Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio. Say what you will, Marco Rubio was beating Hillary's brains out in every national poll.

You picked the wrong guy.

Rubio is not on ballet...Trump will release his immigration plan shortly..Why do you prefer Hillary?:dunno:

And some like you appear confused. The choice is Hillary or Trump that's the choice. Are you confused?

I understand the choices... I don't support either choice at this time.

I'm not the least bit confused.

Forum List

Back