Trump downgraded to "bad" on immigration

So I take it Conservative Review has "poised' Hillary's plan as good?

Conservative Review does NOT represent me. I love how these groups pretend to have the support of conservatives and speak for them and the media pretends this is fact.

Here's a FACT, Trump is the damn nominee so hold your nose, get drunk, whatever and support him or you are a goddamn Hillary shill.

Why would anyone support Trump. He hasn't a clue. You nominated and no reasonable thinking person can support him. I thought that Bush was a mistake before he was elected, and thought, how much harm can he do. Trump make W look like a fucking genius.

Trump may be the nominee but just because no one in their right mind would vote for him, doesn't make those who won't compromise their principles "Hillary shills".

There is no way, that his idea of "no citizenship pathway" is legal or constitutional.

you can't pick one country or group of people and say they never can have citizenship or a pathway to it, for their entire lives of the next 40 years living here legally....if they want to be a citizen and are living here legally, there should be a pathway for them to become citizens, otherwise we create a new class of indentured servants of sorts, and THAT is NOT what America stands for....

All total bullshit. There is not one word in the Constitution that says we HAVE to accept ANY person as a citizen from another country.

well, that depends. the people we are talking about are already here. and they are entitled to some level of due process once they are in country. the extent of the process which is considered "due" varies circumstantially.

so no.... there is nothing to force us to take any particular individual, and .. yes...korematsu is still good law (although I would hope it would be rejected out of hand in today's world).... it would seem that a religious test for entry would be counter to the constitution...and certainly counter to our values as a country.

well, that depends. the people we are talking about are already here. and they are entitled to some level of due process once they are in country. the extent of the process which is considered "due" varies circumstantially.

so no.... there is nothing to force us to take any particular individual, and .. yes...korematsu is still good law (although I would hope it would be rejected out of hand in today's world).... it would seem that a religious test for entry would be counter to the constitution...and certainly counter to our values as a country.

They may be entitled to due process but they're not entitled to citizenship. There is also NO prerequisites regarding who we allow to migrate into the country. This is set by Congress as instructed by the Constitution.

equal protection under the law, covers it.

and guaranteed, this will make it to and will be argued, in court.

No it doesn't cover it because it doesn't apply.

I don't think we could legally allow people to live here their entire lives, and bear children here and have grand children here, and working here, without allowing them a pathway to citizenship when all the other immigrants who come here legally and legally work and stay here, are offered a pathway to citizenship.

that's a pipe dream!

Conservative Review does NOT represent me. I love how these groups pretend to have the support of conservatives and speak for them and the media pretends this is fact.

Here's a FACT, Trump is the damn nominee so hold your nose, get drunk, whatever and support him or you are a goddamn Hillary shill.

Why would anyone support Trump. He hasn't a clue. You nominated and no reasonable thinking person can support him. I thought that Bush was a mistake before he was elected, and thought, how much harm can he do. Trump make W look like a fucking genius.

Trump may be the nominee but just because no one in their right mind would vote for him, doesn't make those who won't compromise their principles "Hillary shills".
Here she/it is pontificating about things she knows nothing about. Probably doesn't know jack shit about even her own country. Repeating your stupid goddamn talking points over and over and over doesn't make them look any smarter, Einstein.

They may be entitled to due process but they're not entitled to citizenship. There is also NO prerequisites regarding who we allow to migrate into the country. This is set by Congress as instructed by the Constitution.

entitled? no. but you were talking about allowing people into the country. how we handle that and the extent to which we allow a path to citizenship is certainly a fair discussion.

personally, I think if you serve in our armed forces your citizenship should be automatic. if you were brought here as a child (through no choice of your own), are an upstanding citizen, completed your schooling in this country, etc., then you should have the ability to become a citizen.

I do want to address one thing though.... dumb Donald was yelling about undocumented aliens paying taxes. most of them already do because their wages get withheld. they also can't file for refunds of any excess paid in taxes. so that's kind of a false argument. particularly when there's a huge population of people who *are* citizens working 'off the books'.

Granted, many immigrants may not want to be American citizens, and are only here to simply work for 5 years to make life better for them and their families when they get back home.

but others, may want to become Americans from here on out, and if they do, they should be given a pathway to citizenship after so many years, like all the other foreigners who want to become citizens, only be put behind the ones that want to become citizens that have been waiting in line before them, legally.

For me, I don't really want boo coos of immigrants simply here to work, who have no allegiance to the USA....It's the top group that would be less appealing to me... As an American, I would rather have people here that love the USA and WANT to be Americans.

Did you post to the wrong post?

I was speaking to the throngs of Trump bashers on the right, not you Iceweasel apologies for the misunderstanding.

Well... No... I am not going to support someone who doesn't share my values... Sorry... not gonna happen with me. If that's what YOU want to do, that's up to you. And IF Hillary wins, it's NOT my fault, I didn't pick Trump to be the nominee to run against Hillary.

You people are going to have to learn the hard way it looks like... you are NEVER EVER going to insult, intimidate and threaten people into supporting your candidate. You can certainly keep trying that tactic but you're going to fail miserably.

LOL right please how Hillary shares your values that should be interesting.

Hillary has been in politics for 30 years and accomplished nothing, most major things she's touched has been FUBAR. She has no career accomplishments at all. Plus she is a habitual liar. Please tell us why we should vote for a lying corrupt hack like that wtf.

End Illegal Immigration now and temporarily halt all Immigration from nations known to be Terrorist-Haven Nations. Start with Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Libya, and Somalia. But there are others that should be considered as well.

Trump's the only hope for bringing sanity back to our insane Immigration System. Something has to be done. And we know Clinton's only gonna continue Obama's disastrous policies. So Trump is more than 'Good' on Immigration. He's necessary.

I don't think we could legally allow people to live here their entire lives, and bear children here and have grand children here, and working here, without allowing them a pathway to citizenship when all the other immigrants who come here legally and legally work and stay here, are offered a pathway to citizenship.

that's a pipe dream!

*SIGH* It is against our laws to illegally cross our borders and live here. Sorry... that's a fact of life. The fact that someone has broken our laws and gotten away with it for years and years, doesn't suddenly mean there is no consequence and they haven't broken the law.... or that we "allowed" them to.

We're not obligated to offer law breakers a damn thing other than due process. It is patently unfair to an immigrant who follows our laws and comes here legally to put the law-breaking illegal on the same level with them regarding citizenship... why do you think that is a valid argument?

Now... how do we handle 12-20 million illegals? Well, we start by deporting the ones we currently have in prison. roughly a third of the prison population in America, to be exact. Then, we cut off the bennies... no more welfare for illegals, no more free education and health care... all of it gets eliminated if you're here illegally. Then, we cut off the sources of income from people who hire them. once we do these things, there will be massive self-deportation. In the meantime, if we apprehend a criminal and find they are illegally here, we deport them. None of this is "hard" to do, it just take us the effort to do it.

that's a pipe dream!

*SIGH* It is against our laws to illegally cross our borders and live here. Sorry... that's a fact of life. The fact that someone has broken our laws and gotten away with it for years and years, doesn't suddenly mean there is no consequence and they haven't broken the law.... or that we "allowed" them to.

We're not obligated to offer law breakers a damn thing other than due process. It is patently unfair to an immigrant who follows our laws and comes here legally to put the law-breaking illegal on the same level with them regarding citizenship... why do you think that is a valid argument?

Now... how do we handle 12-20 million illegals? Well, we start by deporting the ones we currently have in prison. roughly a third of the prison population in America, to be exact. Then, we cut off the bennies... no more welfare for illegals, no more free education and health care... all of it gets eliminated if you're here illegally. Then, we cut off the sources of income from people who hire them. once we do these things, there will be massive self-deportation. In the meantime, if we apprehend a criminal and find they are illegally here, we deport them. None of this is "hard" to do, it just take us the effort to do it.

First, let me point out that your statement on how many illegal immigransts we have in our prisons is way off base and simply WRONG.

Immigrants and crime: Crunching the numbers - CNNPolitics.com
The number of inmates in state and federal prisons who are not U.S. citizens, according to the latest prison population report from the Bureau of Judicial Statistics. That's about 5% of the total prison population.

IF Mr. Trump allows illegal immigrants to become LEGAL immigrants, which is what he said, THEN they would no longer be ILLEGAL Boss, and if they are no longer illegal, then they... as with all others legally allowed to stay here forever and a day, should be given a pathway to citizenship, if they want it, like all other legal immigrants who pursue it....that's my position and I stick by it!

I really don't have an issue with a guy who genuinely realizes the impracticality of his/her ideas. It isn't realistic to expect some 11 milion illegals to be deported all at once but that is an argument the left has created in order to damper the spirits. They created an impossible litmus test in order to say deportation can't be done because it can't be done in 24 hours.

that's a pipe dream!

First, let me point out that your statement on how many illegal immigransts we have in our prisons is way off base and simply WRONG.

Immigrants and crime: Crunching the numbers - CNNPolitics.com
The number of inmates in state and federal prisons who are not U.S. citizens, according to the latest prison population report from the Bureau of Judicial Statistics. That's about 5% of the total prison population.

IF Mr. Trump allows illegal immigrants to become LEGAL immigrants, which is what he said, THEN they would no longer be ILLEGAL Boss, and if they are no longer illegal, then they... as with all others legally allowed to stay here forever and a day, should be given a pathway to citizenship, if they want it, like all other legal immigrants who pursue it....that's my position and I stick by it!

We start with the people we have incarcerated. You telling me what Trump has said means nothing to me because we don't know what Trump will do or if Trump will do anything. We're now dealing with a hypothetical that doesn't exist in reality. Pointless.

The only purpose your argument has is to point out how anyone should oppose the amnesty Trump now proposes. Again... there is no constitutional guarantee that any immigrant legal or illegal gets citizenship.

I really don't have an issue with a guy who genuinely realizes the impracticality of his/her ideas. It isn't realistic to expect some 11 milion illegals to be deported all at once but that is an argument the left has created in order to damper the spirits. They created an impossible litmus test in order to say deportation can't be done because it can't be done in 24 hours.

Oh really? So now... Marco and Jeb are great guys who simply realized the impracticality of the hard line when they supported amnesty? Nice!!

No... THIS argument was not created by the left... it was created by Trump when he caved on his immigration policy and now says he is in line with the Gang of 8 Amnesty plan. Even the most ardent Trump supporter ought to comprehend you're never going to deport people who've been given amnesty.

It's starting to sound like, what you're going to try is spinning "deport 11 million" into "give amnesty to 11 million and call it deporting them!" How much more moronic does it get than that?

How about you quit parroting Mark Levin and think for yourself. I like Levin too, but he's wrong on this. First and foremost is defeating Hillary Clinton

Levin doesn't work for Conservative Review. He's not wrong and neither are Conservatives who have been ringing the alarm bell over Trump for the entire election season. YOU are wrong because you've backed a "populist" who is NOT a Conservative. He is turning out to be a rather big government progressive who apparently now favors Amnesty. ....But it's all okay because he's not wearing a pant suit! :dunno:

Levin is the editor and chief of the conservative review genius ..Try to keep up ok? Trump has not backed off of anything Hillary wants 650,000 more msulim imported, here in addition to what Obama has already done...You're a fraud and a Hillary supporter. If not, then step your ass out of the way and let the rest of us help save the country from the corrupt scum that is Hillary Clinton

Forum List

Back