Trump: "DeSanctimonious"

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Yeah, no good, and just before the Midterms. It's obvious Trump is threatened by DeSantis and he SHOULD be. At this point I think Trump would probably lose at least Florida to DeSantis in a primary.

I hope DeSantis takes the high road through all of this...I think he will. He just might win.

Trump is putting his ego ahead of the good of the country. . .Even our champions of America's goodness and prosperity can have a great fall. . DeSantis is the far better choice at this time in history, but the future is going be chaotic, fearful and filled with suffering, no matter what republican wins or if the left steals another one.

Yeah, no good, and just before the Midterms. It's obvious Trump is threatened by DeSantis and he SHOULD be. At this point I think Trump would probably lose at least Florida to DeSantis in a primary.

I hope DeSantis takes the high road through all of this...I think he will. He just might win.

And so it begins...

To be honest, I think Trump is slipping slightly as I assumed his nickname would be more relatable, he's been effective with the simple nicknames. He probably has a second and third nickname lined up because most (or many) Americans probably don't even know what sanctimonious means lol.

Maybe this is a good educational experience for voters. Improve ones vocabulary while following the campaign trail. :)

I disagree, and many conservatives do too. Read this. DeSantis stepped over the line. He's been showing lately he's a RINO buddying up with Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy. Also Jeb Bush has been supporting of him.

Have a read below, especially from the commenters. Trump fired a warning shot across DeSantis'bow last night.

Trump is putting his ego ahead of the good of the country. . .Even our champions of America's goodness and prosperity can have a great fall. . DeSantis is the far better choice at this time in history, but the future is going be chaotic, fearful and filled with suffering, no matter what republican wins or if the left steals another one.

His ego is part and parcel with his personality, it's part of the package. Far from ideal I agree, but, when it comes to getting sh*% done, he has proven himself able and willing to succeed for his country.

There is no doubt in my mind that a few intelligent, patriotic people have grudgingly realized that what Trump brought was an approach to global and domestic issues that focused on common sense for America. He did what most wouldn't do and it had America in an envious position.

There is a suspicion in me that even Biden doesn't enjoy some of the bad policies being proposed to him, but he feels he needs to unite the alt-left with the old guard against his better judgement.

DeSantis has been meeting with Paul Ryan, McCarthy, and other Republican fossils, and word of these meetings between DeSantis and this motley group was relayed to Trump. So Trump let them know he knows what is going on.

Add in that Jeb Bush has openly endorsed DeSantis.

See a pattern? The old guard wants power back and DeSantis is their choice.

DeSantis attended two Ivy League schools, and his foreign policy is likely much more Bush than Trump. And until DeSantis speaks on foreign policy issues, I would never support him for POTUS.

I disagree, and many conservatives do too. Read this. DeSantis stepped over the line. He's been showing lately he's a RINO buddying up with Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy. Also Jeb Bush has been supporting of him.

Have a read, especially by the commenters. Trump fired a warning shot across DeSantis'bow last night.

if he worked with Paul Ryan he is as good as a "non-contender" in 2024 and I would suggest it is HE who should step aside.

There was a suspicion of mine that the NeoCons might pull some strings of DeSantis and CNN would help by feigning outrage at Ron as a "Trump like politician". Who knows? Policies speak louder than words but the old Neo-Cons would be a losing deal for America in 2024.

Trump needs to follow the 11th Commandment and STFU about DeSantis

Have a read below, especially from the commenters. Trump fired a warning shot across DeSantis'bow last night.

Yeah that ad is over the top. But many conservative commenters on Twitter (not RINOs) think this was in bad form and bad timing on Trump's part. Fact is, if he's going to win, he has to KEEP white suburban moms. This kind of petty name calling won't do it. He seems incapable of listening to advisors on this....

DeSantis has been meeting with Paul Ryan, McCarthy, and other Republican fossils, and word of these meetings between DeSantis and this motley group was relayed to Trump. So Trump let them know he knows what is going on.

Add in that Jeb Bush has openly endorsed DeSantis.

See a pattern? The old guard wants power back and DeSantis is their choice.

DeSantis attended two Ivy League schools, and his foreign policy is likely much more Bush than Trump. And until DeSantis speaks on foreign policy issues, I would never support him for POTUS.
Bingo! DeSantis would also never try to dismantle the Deep State and FBI. He would be Mitch McConnell's bitch.

Yeah that ad is over the top. But many conservative commenters on Twitter (not RINOs) think this was in bad form and bad timing on Trump's part. Fact is, if he's going to win, he has to KEEP white suburban moms. This kind of petty name calling won't do it. He seems incapable of listening to advisors on this....
Trump name called every Republican candidate during the primaries and he won.

His ego is part and parcel with his personality, it's part of the package. Far from ideal I agree, but, when it comes to getting sh*% done, he has proven himself able and willing to succeed for his country.

There is no doubt in my mind that a few intelligent, patriotic people have grudgingly realized that what Trump brought was an approach to global and domestic issues that focused on common sense for America. He did what most wouldn't do and it had America in an envious position.

There is a suspicion in me that even Biden doesn't enjoy some of the bad policies being proposed to him, but he feels he needs to unite the alt-left with the old guard against his better judgement.
Which is an impossible task.

Agree here too. He was a good president. Very good. I didn't always love his personality but was willing to put it aside for results. That's what matters.

However, now he has to win another election. Ron DeSantis is formidable. Trump is on the injured list already.

Agree here too. He was a good president. Very good. I didn't always love his personality but was willing to put it aside for results. That's what matters.

However, now he has to win another election. Ron DeSantis is formidable. Trump is on the injured list already.

Let's wait until DeSantis espouses his worldview and his foreign policy views.

GW Bush was a pretty good Governor and a lousy POTUS. I suspect the DeSantis worldview is far more aligned with Bush than with Trump.

Why exactly are Trumpsters in love with DeSantis anyway?

Seems like Trump and DeSantis don’t like each other. DeSantis will probably play nice with Trump in order to try to get Trump’s voters. If DeSantis would actually speak his mind, he would probably be a Never Trumper, which would make him a RINO by current standards.

So why the love for him? Before Trump changed the Republican party, DeSantis seems like what used to be considered a pretty standard Republican. Conservative values, polished responses to say what people want to hear rather than speaking his mind. Kind of like a George W Bush or Mike Pence.

Why exactly are Trumpsters in love with DeSantis anyway?

Seems like Trump and DeSantis don’t like each other. DeSantis will probably play nice with Trump in order to try to get Trump’s voters. If DeSantis would actually speak his mind, he would probably be a Never Trumper, which would make him a RINO by current standards.

So why the love for him? Before Trump changed the Republican party, DeSantis seems like what used to be considered a pretty standard Republican. Conservative values, polished responses to say what people want to hear rather than speaking his mind. Kind of like a George W Bush or Mike Pence.

Women love DeSantis because when the whole world went insane over Covid--remember that?--he kept schools open, work places and churches open. I follow a lot of "open schools" moms on Twitter. Former Dems who almost to a woman profess they would "walk over hot coals" to vote for DeSantis for president.

The Democrats messed with people's kids. Bad. Big time. People don't forget that.

Forum List

Back