CDZ Trump changes the game

SingleVoyce

Dec 29, 2015
Well, it looks like the Donald makes his own rules and Fox won't play by them so he refuses to participate. Will this hurt him or help him with the Iowa voters?

It seems he has now defined Fox News as part of "the Establishment". How will that affect his relationship with them going forward?

A man scared by Megyn Kelly would piss himself if Putin yelled. What a buffoon.

'Michael Moore Talks 2016 Race, Obama's Legacy and More With Megyn Kelly'

Picking one's own battles is wise. Pundits try to shame Trump into the debate to expose him to hostile questioning aimed to bring him down. Trump defied "conventional wisdom" so far and the pundits are in a state of shock because their predictions were very wrong so far. I am quite sure Trump is not afraid of Kelly neither he is afraid of Putin.

I blame FOX for this. I agree that the question asked if Trump was intentionally designed to demean him and he is right to complain. Did he need to slam Kelly? No, but FOX should have let it go. They screwed themselves by making it an issue and by escalating the war.

Well, it looks like the Donald makes his own rules and Fox won't play by them so he refuses to participate. Will this hurt him or help him with the Iowa voters?

It seems he has now defined Fox News as part of "the Establishment". How will that affect his relationship with them going forward?

With his die hard fans it won't affect him in the least, however, I'm sure to others he is looking quite scared. If he can't handle a GOP debate, then how can he handle the presidency?

To me Trump is just too thin-skinned when it comes to himself but he has no trouble dishing it out to others. his tweeter-fits show that.

??? I think it's the other way round. Mr. Trump doesn't want to play by Fox's rule, namely the rule that assigned Meagan Fox as the moderator for the Fox debate.

Will it hurt Mr. Trump, but I doubt it. I doubt it given the personality traits that characterize the bulk of his core supporters.

To the best of my knowledge, no candidate has ever before refused to participate in a debate because he didn't like the moderator. That was the "rule change" I was referencing. Certainly there have been instances before where debate hosts have put moderators on the panel who had personal problems with one or more candidates.

The RNC did boot NBC out of the debate cycle because they didn't like the questions they asked and Trump's action is not all that different. There are precedents for the RNC action however. Trump is, I believe, on new ground.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out if Trump is the candidate. Will Fox News abandon their role as promoter of the Republican candidate? Certainly they won't support Hillary or Sanders but I suppose they could just sit on the sidelines.

I've also heard rumblings that the RNC will not allow Trump to participate in future debates if he shuns this one. I suspect that is an empty threat, however. I think the viewer ratings for this debate will suffer without Trump. Is anybody really interested in watching a debate that doesn't include him?

To the best of my knowledge, no candidate has ever before refused to participate in a debate because he didn't like the moderator. That was the "rule change" I was referencing. Certainly there have been instances before where debate hosts have put moderators on the panel who had personal problems with one or more candidates.

The RNC did boot NBC out of the debate cycle because they didn't like the questions they asked and Trump's action is not all that different. There are precedents for the RNC action however. Trump is, I believe, on new ground.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out if Trump is the candidate. Will Fox News abandon their role as promoter of the Republican candidate? Certainly they won't support Hillary or Sanders but I suppose they could just sit on the sidelines.

I've also heard rumblings that the RNC will not allow Trump to participate in future debates if he shuns this one. I suspect that is an empty threat, however. I think the viewer ratings for this debate will suffer without Trump. Is anybody really interested in watching a debate that doesn't include him?

Reagan did but I haven't been able to find anything suggesting why.

'Michael Moore Talks 2016 Race, Obama's Legacy and More With Megyn Kelly'

This post begs the question: Why is Michael Moore cozying up to Megyn Kelly (and vice versa)?

The answer is obvious: Megyn is trying to position herself as the poster child for Trump's "war on women." No matter how biased and self-promoting her debate questions, she is shielded by her gender from any deserved criticism or rebuke.

Remember when "moderator" Candy Crowley inserting herself into the Romney-Obama debate as Obama's defender? How is Megyn Kelly's performance at the first GOP debate any different? The idea that Trump is "afraid" of her is pure nonsense; he just doesn't want to give her another free platform to spout her feminist/anti-Trump claptrap.

Forum List

Back