Trump: Bush lied about reason for invading Iraq

Trump is right. Where are his USMB supporters!!!

The Great Iraq Mistake
Ivading Iraq was a mistake.

That's the consensus now even among Republicans, whose presidential candidates in recent days have largely fallen in line behind Jeb Bush and denounced the 2003 invasion initiated by his brother.
After first telling Fox News this month he "would have" invaded Iraq, Bush subtly changed his answer three days later, saying in a subsequent interview he would not but couching the reversal in a qualifier that blamed the decision-making on a failure of accurate intelligence.

Thousands of chemical weapons is "stockpiles" in my book, especially considering the toxicity. And, thousands were found. Their age is irrelevant as, those that contained mustard gas were still viable, and the bicomponents last for decades and decades.

d

Their age is not irrelevant as that was what bush and buddies claimed. Nice try at revising history. Did I accidentally insult your God bush?
A stockpile is a stockpile. Age IS irrelevant when it comes to bicomponent nerve agent munitions, at least as far as killing power is concerned.

Again try justify bushes lying all you want no intelligent person buys your bullshit lies. Bush said there were new stockpiles and that was a lie. This isn't a civil lawsuit so quit trying to play semantics on word games.
But, there were stockpiles.

Would you like a few links to that?

I'll be happy to provide them. Our DoD just took a few years to release the info.

Not new ones as the bush admin lied about. That's like saying I have stockpiles of food when they are rotten and from 1960. You are a good little bush lemming
you are correct. Vietraq apologists saying otherwise are at odds w/ reality

Thousands of chemical weapons is "stockpiles" in my book, especially considering the toxicity. And, thousands were found. Their age is irrelevant as, those that contained mustard gas were still viable, and the bicomponents last for decades and decades.

d

Their age is not irrelevant as that was what bush and buddies claimed. Nice try at revising history. Did I accidentally insult your God bush?
A stockpile is a stockpile. Age IS irrelevant when it comes to bicomponent nerve agent munitions, at least as far as killing power is concerned.

Again try justify bushes lying all you want no intelligent person buys your bullshit lies. Bush said there were new stockpiles and that was a lie. This isn't a civil lawsuit so quit trying to play semantics on word games.
But, there were stockpiles.

Would you like a few links to that?

I'll be happy to provide them. Our DoD just took a few years to release the info.

Not new ones as the bush admin lied about. That's like saying I have stockpiles of food when they are rotten and from 1960. You are a good little bush lemming
Please provide the quote from anyone in that administration who said "New stockpiles" only.

The chemical weapons found that were from 1991 were viable. Tose containing mustard gas were a bit less toxic than when freshly made, but still could kill thousands.

The bicomponent nerve agents were quite viable. Each component has a very long shelf life.

So, again, nothing rotten about those 1991 weapons, except they are WMDs.

So, if you say GWB's rationale for invasion of Iraq was WMDs, how is it he lied?

His rationale was an active weapons program. Not munitions that had been dumped decades ago.
Which was it? Stockpiles? Active weapons program?

Both were found.

No. An active weapons program was never found.

The Iraqis were claiming they had an active program, even though they did not. Saddam's claims were to scare the other Gulf countries into fearing Iraq.
But the Iraqis did have an active program. They simply hid it from the UN inspectors prewar by transferring the production of precursors to their chemical industry.

who just bumped the thread? I don't see anything. Oh well, must be someone I have on ignore

No matter. ALL the current Repub candidates have backpedaled from their lies

Trump is right. Where are his USMB supporters!!!

The Great Iraq Mistake
Ivading Iraq was a mistake.

That's the consensus now even among Republicans, whose presidential candidates in recent days have largely fallen in line behind Jeb Bush and denounced the 2003 invasion initiated by his brother.
After first telling Fox News this month he "would have" invaded Iraq, Bush subtly changed his answer three days later, saying in a subsequent interview he would not but couching the reversal in a qualifier that blamed the decision-making on a failure of accurate intelligence.

WMDs were not the only reason for going into Iraq, let's not forget Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and even Harry Reid were supporters of it, in fact there was overwhelming bipartisan support in Congress for the action

That would explain W having to change his reasoning multiple times to justify the boondoggle resulting in 4,500 deaths and an Iran resurgence :thup:

You people are the rw extreme of the rw extreme

So, if you say GWB's rationale for invasion of Iraq was WMDs, how is it he lied?

His rationale was an active weapons program. Not munitions that had been dumped decades ago.

Both were found.

The Iraqis were claiming they had an active program, even though they did not. Saddam's claims were to scare the other Gulf countries into fearing Iraq.
But the Iraqis did have an active program. They simply hid it from the UN inspectors prewar by transferring the production of precursors to their chemical industry.

You have to keep it as simple as possible when arguing with libs. Anything above algebra taxes their limited IQs.

Trump fucked that up....otherwise you have to call bubba a liar.

I agree with him on the issue of Iraq. Where he really fucked up was blaming G.W. for 9/11. Even many Republicans in recent years would agree Iraq was probably a mistake, but blaming Bush for 9/11 took it a bit far.
Blaming is different from being deaf to the warnings, which Bush definitely was. He ignored Richard Clarke, who was certainly not a partisan, having served in Reagan, Bush, and Clinton's administrations. He ignored the memos that appeared throughout his first 9 months in office, and he did nothing about the Cole after Clinton administration/CIA presented their findings to Bush.

https://t.co/CEA8PGRxsf

But, loads of WMDs were found in Iraq.
No, they weren't. No matter how many times you say that it will not be true. Ingredients that were known about by UN weapons inspectors are now counted as weapons by the lamer and more dishonest and desperate Bush defenders. Ingredients are not weapons. In addition, some old abandoned weapons were found. Since they were not unusable, they were not qualified as WMD's either.
If you know of real WMD's being found provide an objective link.

Both were found.

You have to keep it as simple as possible when arguing with libs. Anything above algebra taxes their limited IQs.
To be fair, a lot of this information was released after some time had passed.

But, some are so stuck in their willful ignorance it will make no difference what facts are.

Given all the current Repub candidates have repudiated Iraq as an avoidable cluster fvck, only severe partisan hacks would say otherwise.

Even their current front- runner- Trump agrees that the Repub Admin lied.

The chemical weapons found that were from 1991 were viable.

Yes sir I remember ole George coming on tv and explaining how we had to invade Iraq because there were known to be some old chemical weapons from 1991 laying around where kids could get a hold of them.

And by God it was in Americas best interest to invade this country, oust the leader, spend trillions and get thousands of Americans killed and maimed because Saddam had some old chemical weapons laying around from 1991. Which we probably supplied him with the materials to make.

Anyone else remember Bush saying that?

Also, using G.W. to attack Jeb made no sense. Jeb wasn't president on 9/11 or during the Iraq invasion.
It makes perfect sense. Trump's entire strategy is to continually cause mini controversies, continually sucking the air out of the room and making the media scurry around talking about his latest "fumble". It keeps all the attention off of his own history, his own lack of details, his own ridiculous campaign.

And it's working like a charm.

That would explain W having to change his reasoning multiple times to justify the boondoggle resulting in 4,500 deaths and an Iran resurgence :thup:

What I liked about tRump this morning was he laid the ENtIRE ME debacle right on the doorstep where it belongs; the Presidency of George Bush.

Blamed him for everything that has occurred since the invasion.

Damn I bet Republicans hate it when that happens.

The chemical weapons found that were from 1991 were viable.

Yes sir I remember ole George coming on tv and explaining how we had to invade Iraq because there were known to be some old chemical weapons from 1991 laying around where kids could get a hold of them.

And by God it was in Americas best interest to invade this country, oust the leader, spend trillions and get thousands of Americans killed and maimed because Saddam had some old chemical weapons laying around from 1991. Which we probably supplied him with the materials to make.

Anyone else remember Bush saying that?
lol

Good post. Points out the absurdity of some of the rw spazz vietraq apologists in this thread

What I liked about tRump this morning was he laid the ENtIRE ME debacle right on the doorstep where it belongs; the Presidency of George Bush.

Blamed him for everything that has occurred since the invasion.

Damn I bet Republicans hate it when that happens.
Hit_The_Nail_On_The_Head.gif

But, loads of WMDs were found in Iraq.
No, they weren't. No matter how many times you say that it will not be true. Ingredients that were known about by UN weapons inspectors are now counted as weapons by the lamer and more dishonest and desperate Bush defenders. Ingredients are not weapons. In addition, some old abandoned weapons were found. Since they were not unusable, they were not qualified as WMD's either.
If you know of real WMD's being found provide an objective link.
First of all, the UN inspectors either aren't chemists or only have a basic knowledge of chemistry.

All the weapons found - stockpiles - were quite viable (meaning, they are capable of doing just what they were designed for - killing hundreds or thousands).

The old weapons were completely usable; the purpose of a chemical weapon is to kill people. The old weapons could do just that quite effectively.

You don't want to believe facts. I can provide links to thousands of weapons found, however, the links show many (not all) were from 1991. You don't want to believe those are chemical weapons, even though you clearly have little understanding of the chemistry of chemical weapons.

You have already stated that "ingredients" are not weapons, so links showing Iraq's chemical industry miraculously started being in the business of chemical weapons precursor production when UN inspections were pending.

Nope, nothing to see here for the blind.

Forum List

Back