Trump: 3000 people did not die in the 2 hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. thats a Dem lie. i love PR

The vast majority of those people died not because of the storm itself, but because the self-run TERRITORY (not State) of Puerto Rico was nowhere near properly equipped to deal with the catastrophic nature of the events that took place.

My wife is Puerto Rican. I've been to the island. I work for an electric utility company that sent workers to PR after the storms. My wife and I took in two of her family members for 8 months after the storm. I probably have a better than average idea of that many others on what happened over there....

PR has been run into the ground by its own Government and people. When I was there in 2013 the whole island looked like it had been stuck in the 1940-50 time frame with regard to any form of utility and infastructure. These people had no capability of doing anything for themselves on any level after the storm.

Now, that doesn't mean it was the responsibility of the US Government to rush in and fix everything overnight. That wouldn't have been possible even if that was our responsibility. We provided significant aid to people who were unable and unwilling to be even marginally prepared for what should have been a very foreseeable event. That's on THEM, not the POTUS.

So all services could have been restored instantaneously, or the entire population could have been removed from the island?

Sorry, but the real world is not a movie, and all problems are not resolved in 2 to 2.5 hours.

You have no metric to measure how much better or worse the response could have been. All you have is a political need and a will to use natural disasters to further it.
After the storm hit .....people were screaming
I need food, I need medication, I need clean water, I need electricity
They didn’t get it and people died

It is understandable that relief can’t reach them in 2 to 2 1/2 hours

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?

So where was the local government in all this? The State? The Counties? The Cities?

And where were the hale and stronger younger people when this was going on?

Where was the community help?

Why is this thrown at the feds doorstep when they provided millions of dollars in aid, hundreds and thousands of staff, and thousands of tons of materials?

oh wait, you are a political hack trying to score political points, my mistake.
Trump is claiming 3000 people did not die
Now you are moving the bar and saying it is not his fault

His opinion is just as valid as those claiming the 3000 number is a hard number.

Even the study it came from calls it an estimate, a preliminary number.

No it is not......his opinion is based on protecting his ass

And your opinions on this is based on your terminal case of TDS.

After the storm hit .....people were screaming
I need food, I need medication, I need clean water, I need electricity
They didn’t get it and people died

It is understandable that relief can’t reach them in 2 to 2 1/2 hours

But 2 to 2 1/2 months?

So where was the local government in all this? The State? The Counties? The Cities?

And where were the hale and stronger younger people when this was going on?

Where was the community help?

Why is this thrown at the feds doorstep when they provided millions of dollars in aid, hundreds and thousands of staff, and thousands of tons of materials?

oh wait, you are a political hack trying to score political points, my mistake.
Trump is claiming 3000 people did not die
Now you are moving the bar and saying it is not his fault

His opinion is just as valid as those claiming the 3000 number is a hard number.

Even the study it came from calls it an estimate, a preliminary number.

No it is not......his opinion is based on protecting his ass

And your opinions on this is based on your terminal case of TDS.
Trump is wrong.........as usual

The numbers were not created by Democrats to make him look bad

IMHO---if thousands of people died just because of a hurricaine-------there is something really wrong with how that place is run

There is a lot wrong with what happened in Puerto Rico. The federal response was totallly inadequate. All communications was destroyed in the hurricane so the local government response was hobbled by an inability to contact workers, and roads that were destroyed.

There was a prohibition against non-American ships landing in the port with supplies and assistance that the Federal government refused to waive.

There was no federal assistance in restoring power, fixing the roads, and getting clean water to rural areas.

Basically they dropped supplies on the dock and left them there to rot.
Can’t make this up! So you believe the roads were open? Let’s see that stupid

The 3000 number is bullshit, it’s from a computer model from a University. It’s not a real number at all.

According to the model, if you died of tetanus 6 months after the Hurricane from a rusty nail while repairing a roof that was damaged in the Hurricane, you are a Hurricane fatality.

It’s the libs trying make everything hysterical.

Liars.

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000

This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!"

People are sick and tired of this nonsense, and Trump keeps exposing it!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter
Trump is undoubtedly a moron

About 100 people died in the actual storm

But the storm wiped out the power grid, contaminated the water supply, denied people of needed medical care

THAT is the area Trump could have helped but was too busy patting himself on the back

So the only extra thing was the hurricane then? Puerto Rico killed their own people because just like their brethren in other Latino cultures corruption and graft kept valuable food and medical attention out of the people’s hands. They should be left to them selves.

Armed Federal Agents Enter Warehouse in Puerto Rico to Seize Hoarded Electric Equipment

There’s that power Trump sent.

Here is the report:
PuertoRicoReport.pdf

What research did you did...

Simply put 3000 Americans are dead and the President thinks he did a tremendous job...

The report is a study that even itself admits more research needs to be done. It is not based on hard counts of deaths or causes of death.

Couldn't do a hard count... They had a hurricane you know, people kind of concentrate on saving the people they got not counting a cataloging the dead...

Strange how you ignore American deaths because they can't find the body... You know they didn't find all the dead Jews in the Holocaust either...

It's been over a year now, surely they could do it now, as the study admits is has more research to do.

Yet morons like you cling to any number given as long as it feeds your own Trump Derangement.

And bringing up the Holocaust? Really?

Actually the Holocaust has plenty of documentation to back it up, unlike the 3000 number drooling fucktards like you lock onto to score cheap political points.
It has not been over a year. Maybe when the GOP loses its power to completely block any investigation about the response to Maria (as they are actively doing RIGHT NOW) we will finally get information. In the meantime Trump can bumble over attacking the death toll numbers that he desperately tried to hide.

Wow, more nothing from one of the biggest nothing posters on the board.

You back up nothing you post, despite making claims about things that scream for backup.
BackFag just generates garbage.

The 3000 number is bullshit, it’s from a computer model from a University. It’s not a real number at all.

According to the model, if you died of tetanus 6 months after the Hurricane from a rusty nail while repairing a roof that was damaged in the Hurricane, you are a Hurricane fatality.

Liars.
Remember when that leftist fake reporter was busted for lying about seeing bodies in the water at some flood..I don't remember if it was Katrina or Sandy.

They're criminals, they should be shot just like looters.

Liars.
Remember when that leftist fake reporter was busted for lying about seeing bodies in the water at some flood..I don't remember if it was Katrina or Sandy.

It was Katrina,

Libs are going to be soooo mad if Florence doesn’t kill some brown people.

Liars.

Katrina was a shit ton of lies. One could expect nothin less from American media, including foux news.

Liars.
If you look at historical data of how many people typically die of tetanus, bacterial infections, food poisoning over a period of time and then see a significant spike in those deaths after Maria.......you can conclude that Maria contributed to those deaths

Liars.

It was Katrina,

Libs are going to be soooo mad if Florence doesn’t kill some brown people.

Well, the left has always liked lynching coloreds.

Liars.
If you look at historical data of how many people typically die of tetanus, bacterial infections, food poisoning over a period of time and then see a significant spike in those deaths after Maria.......you can conclude that Maria contributed to those deaths

All that was rampant in that third world shithole before the storm. All those people died from all that and more due to corruption.

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000

This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!"

People are sick and tired of this nonsense, and Trump keeps exposing it!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter
More Democrats died of a heart attack in the USA after the Trump election than died in that shithole country.

The higher death toll was released after a report was produced by researchers from George Washington University stating the number of excess deaths for the time period between September 2017 and February 2018 to be 2,658–3,290 (with a 95 percent confidence interval).

It’s not a real number.

Liars.

All that was rampant in that third world shithole before the storm. All those people died from all that and more due to corruption.

Libs love to blame Pubs.

Haiti was all Obamas fault, right?

Why not?

Forum List

Back