True Detective Returns Tonight....

seems i am the only one watching the 2nd one......i just dont get most of it....found myself fussing with hubby about the roads...real or computer generated....perhaps we are just having a lot of character development...but they need to get on with it...

Okay you're forgiven for being a drive-by turd lobber.....I didn't get the first episode either.....a show gets nowhere with me if I have to wait until the finale to find out what the hell the story was. TD opener was confused, disorienting, and I don't care for the cast so far. But since I started this thread, I have to see it through.
sSc_faint.gif

bull look at the recap.....you have to be a genius to catch all the stuff....we are suppose to? i wished i had read the recap before posting...yall would have been impressed lol....

now as for killing ray....its hbo...no one figured ned stark would die as early as he did and this is a short series...

okay i got a question....i am from a rural area....largest city i have been in i guess would be ny but then you dont venture out much with car services etc...so you dont drive...

are the highways shown real or not...i say they are not...that they are computer generated...

bull look at the recap.....you have to be a genius to catch all the stuff....we are suppose to? i wished i had read the recap before posting...yall would have been impressed lol....

now as for killing ray....its hbo...no one figured ned stark would die as early as he did and this is a short series...

okay i got a question....i am from a rural area....largest city i have been in i guess would be ny but then you dont venture out much with car services etc...so you dont drive...

are the highways shown real or not...i say they are not...that they are computer generated...

Jerry Jeff Walker said it best about LA freeways: "trying to get off without getting killed or caught". I lost a girlfriend on the Ventura (101).....there is rarely a let-up and Monday mornings are the worst....that's when everybody and his brother is going to get that deal, that big sale, that promotion started and they drive like it's the Indy 500.

So the star takes two loads of buckshot from a guy in a bird costume in the second episode? Now what, claim he dreamed it? This is getting worse not better.....or maybe it's all a hoax and a comedy in disguise. :eusa_eh:

d18d3c088.jpg

What bothered me about the ending, not the ending ending, but the finding of the perpetrator, is that it didn't really seem to fit. How did it all end up on that crazy fuck with the crazy fuck wife, or whatever she was?

Maybe I missed something. lol, it wouldn't be the first time.
I know what you mean. It's not uncommon for some of these series to capture and hold your attention and then devolve into confusing fragments that make it seem like the writers are tired, eager to finish, and are slinging pop-up ideas together..

That's the way the final episodes of Breaking Bad seemed to me. That was a superbly crafted series right up to the last two or three disappointingly nonsensical efforts.

This kind of acid trip TV started with "Twin Peaks" years ago. Yep, that and X-Files are both making a comeback for some reason. David Lynch probably told those writers to make the theme as weird and confusing as possible to lure in the art crowd that shapes the reviewers. That's how they sell gallery art....crap that looks like an 8 year old painted it being peddled as avant garde by a haughty straight-faced con artist. Put enough free wine into a customer and he's convinced he's buying a masterpiece-in-waiting. :disbelief:

Last edited:
well i watched last night...ready to be on top of any hidden references.....i got jack

So of course the shotgun rounds he took were police-issue rubber pellets instead of lead buckshot so the main character isn't bumped off. The gangster is miscast....I don't believe he's a rackets boy. The woman cop's strange hair color bothers me too....I'm watching this season like I'd glance at a car wreck. :doubt:

This is horrible this season.

Have it 3 strikes. Its out

Any day theyre gunna start showing cocks, too. Episode 1 was full of gratuitous man ass.

They show a single damn cock and im cancelling hbo.

Tits only.

Lol i meant on true detective specifically....

I know its gotta be coming, seems like theyre easing into it. Fuggin grossss

Forum List

Back