True Detective Returns Tonight....

I liked TD 2, I thought it set a good stage and am cautiously optimistic about the direction it will take.

Just a tiny bit of a stretch that Antigone's sister AND father played a role in the first episode but I think the sister will fade and the father might play a bigger role as we progress. She's an awesome character, locked and loaded.

I really like Vince Vaugh character (and his wife) as the spider(s) at the center of the web. Colin is seriously fucked up, out in the trillions column and might be exhausting his usefulness to Frank Seymon

The City Manager's death looks personal more likely involving his off hours sexual exploits than his role as Treasurer but who can really tell with Nik P?

In the Lera Lynn Song "Least favorite Life" she mentions "Fallen leaves" and the book on Antigone's table "Hakagure" is a samurai book that translates to "Fallen Leaves" Meaningful? Nah.

Eh...I'll watch the series because all my fall and winter shows are done and the summer shows ("Longmire" and "Ray Donovan") haven't started yet. The thing about TD2 is the character actors....that big dude playing the guru used to be on some hospital drama, and Colin's cop partner is all over the place...he was the father of the raped girl on "American Crime". His grungy appearance is part of what pissed me off about TD2...no way he'd be Colin's partner...polar opposites. To me that's where TD2 is trying to be dark and edgy. And it's set in LA....couldn't they try someplace else like Colorado or the Carolinas maybe? :dunno:

It feels more like Harry Reid's corrupt Las Vegas.

I liked TD 2, I thought it set a good stage and am cautiously optimistic about the direction it will take.

Just a tiny bit of a stretch that Antigone's sister AND father played a role in the first episode but I think the sister will fade and the father might play a bigger role as we progress. She's an awesome character, locked and loaded.

I really like Vince Vaugh character (and his wife) as the spider(s) at the center of the web. Colin is seriously fucked up, out in the trillions column and might be exhausting his usefulness to Frank Seymon

The City Manager's death looks personal more likely involving his off hours sexual exploits than his role as Treasurer but who can really tell with Nik P?

In the Lera Lynn Song "Least favorite Life" she mentions "Fallen leaves" and the book on Antigone's table "Hakagure" is a samurai book that translates to "Fallen Leaves" Meaningful? Nah.

Eh...I'll watch the series because all my fall and winter shows are done and the summer shows ("Longmire" and "Ray Donovan") haven't started yet. The thing about TD2 is the character actors....that big dude playing the guru used to be on some hospital drama, and Colin's cop partner is all over the place...he was the father of the raped girl on "American Crime". His grungy appearance is part of what pissed me off about TD2...no way he'd be Colin's partner...polar opposites. To me that's where TD2 is trying to be dark and edgy. And it's set in LA....couldn't they try someplace else like Colorado or the Carolinas maybe? :dunno:

Longmire is a really good show. The longer it went the better it got which is rare.

I must compliment your attention to detail and defer to your thorough understanding of the story thus far. My criticism is shallow by comparison, which I attribute to my annoyance with the ending of Season One when the McConaughey character abruptly switched from captivatingly exotic to disappointingly ordinary.

I must compliment your attention to detail and defer to your thorough understanding of the story thus far. My criticism is shallow by comparison, which I attribute to my annoyance with the ending of Season One when the McConaughey character abruptly switched from captivatingly exotic to disappointingly ordinary.

Agreed on the end of Season 1. I also think Nik totally Schruted the Villain who was more of a slob than some backwoods Hannibal Lecter. I can't see that Villain being urbane and depraved enough to put a set of antlers on his victim, but that's really a small tick in an otherwise overall fantastic story and great characters

Agreed on the end of Season 1. I also think Nik totally Schruted the Villain who was more of a slob than some backwoods Hannibal Lecter. I can't see that Villain being urbane and depraved enough to put a set of antlers on his victim, but that's really a small tick in an otherwise overall fantastic story and great characters

You too need to watch Red Riding.

Will do

Oh, since this seems to be the right sort of thread, in case anyone's missed it, season 3 of 'Rogue' started tonight on the Audience channel. Looks like more good stuff.

Was red riding a movie from 1974

It's a trilogy 1974, 1980, 1983. came out in 2009. I don't know where to find it free but I'm sure it's somewhere.

it's a foreign language film, lol, Yorkshire British.

It's a trilogy 1974, 1980, 1983. came out in 2009. I don't know where to find it free but I'm sure it's somewhere.

Lol OK found it on Amazon TV.

Was going to wstch but the wife got me started watching Falling Skies

FWIW, I liked the start of TD-2, and will continue to watch. The characters are interesting, acting is OK, and of course it's edgier than network TV. I gather the remainder of season 2 will be basically figuring out who killed the City Manager, and why.

Since I don't know any degenerate cops personally, I'll just have to take their word about how they live their lives.

"Hell on Wheels" returns July 18th for a split season that will conclude next summer. Crazy how A&E has handled this show....first by putting it in the death-trap of Saturday night and then carving the final season in half. Who is going to remember a 7 show season and return a year later? :dunno: I'm betting if couchtuner can grab all 14 episodes they'll release them in a single block.

Lol OK found it on Amazon TV.

Was going to wstch but the wife got me started watching Falling Skies

Falling Skies is another one of those I watched 1 or maybe 2 seasons of and I liked but then lost track of. I think it's free on Hulu now.

It's hilarious how there is so much good tv out there and 90% of it isn't on my Directtv that I'm paying 80 bucks a month for.

Last edited:
Just a toss out, if you're into raw cop drama, my quick recommendations are, FWIW,

IF you can handle subtitles, the French cop shows 'Braquo' and 'Spiral'. you might be pleasantly surprised. Free on hulu.

The UK series 'Line of Duty', and the American mini-series 'Low Winter Sun'.

Falling Skies is another one of those I watched 1 or maybe 2 seasons of and I liked but then lost track of. I think it's free on Hulu now.

It's hilarious how there is so much good tv out there and 90% of it isn't on my Directtv that I'm paying 80 bucks a month for.

I sold my DTV dish with my last house, didn't like the way the deal closed, and didn't hand over the remote. :badgrin: Then I pulled out my cable black box and stole HBO and Cinemax for years without capture, although one cable tech was beating on my door so hard I had to go out and turn the garden hose on him. Finally in the middle of the night I was awakened to really LOUD static after falling asleep watching some HBO flick. Cox had changed their codes and I was finished stealing their signal. Now I have over-air digital and streams on couchtuner....and none of it costs me a dime.

I sold my DTV dish with my last house, didn't like the way the deal closed, and didn't hand over the remote. :badgrin: Then I pulled out my cable black box and stole HBO and Cinemax for years without capture, although one cable tech was beating on my door so hard I had to go out and turn the garden hose on him. Finally in the middle of the night I was awakened to really LOUD static after falling asleep watching some HBO flick. Cox had changed their codes and I was finished stealing their signal. Now I have over-air digital and streams on couchtuner....and none of it costs me a dime.

I would be gone from DTV in a heartbeat except that I'm out in the boonies and my internet is satellite, which is fast, but has severe bandwidth limits which are costly to exceed. At least I get an unlimited period after midnight.

Ever try this?

cCloud TV BETA Popcorntime for LIVE TV

I would be gone from DTV in a heartbeat except that I'm out in the boonies and my internet is satellite, which is fast, but has severe bandwidth limits which are costly to exceed. At least I get an unlimited period after midnight.

Ever try this?

I had a virus warning at popcorn and never returned. I use Firefox with ad-blocker for couchtuner.eu and never had a problem. In fact one of the sources was spoofed and Firefox put up a big red STOP and told me to back out of there. Ad-Blocker is essential because even though these streaming sites aren't usually virus merchants, the ads they run often are.

Ever try this?

I had a virus warning at popcorn and never returned. I use Firefox with ad-blocker for couchtuner.eu and never had a problem. In fact one of the sources was spoofed and Firefox put up a big red STOP and told me to back out of there. Ad-Blocker is essential because even though these streaming sites aren't usually virus merchants, the ads they run often are.

I used to use the file sharer ARES to get a lot of shows and then my provider bitched at me and scared me off. I still use it occasionally on a laptop when I'm out and about. I got the full first season of Strike Back and True Detective that way, now that I think about it.

Ever try this?

that's good to know, thanks. lol, I'll use one of my disposable laptops on that site if I try it at all.

I've heard that Directv will cut your bill big time if you call and threaten to go to Dish but I haven't mustered up the ambition to try it.

Forum List

Back