Trayvon Martin And The Right To Be Left Alone...

The right to walk down the street unmolested is to be free of unreasonable governmental interference. Fact is, millions of people can't walk down the street. Some people live with bars on the doors and windows. Still others are murdered in their beds, on living rooms while they are enjoying a television program. Children have been killed playing in their front yards or sitting on their own porches.

This is the world millions and millions of people live in. It is the world George Zimmerman lives in. Break ins, home invasions, robberies. When someone does live in this kind of world they become suspicious. Especially suspicious of strangers. There's Zimmerman in his car, driving down the street and there is this young man, walking slowly in the rain, looking around. That's suspicious. Since this isn't Beverly Hills, no thinking person is going to ask them where they are going or what they are doing. That's asking for a quick death. A neighborhood watch would follow them and be watchful of their next move.

Before I moved I lived in a very high crime area. I did not take the dog for a walk without taking "Snuffy" with me. Hand in pocket, handle in hand. The one time I didn't. The one time I was going to just run to the store on a very sunny Sunday afternoon, that's the day a kid put a gun to my head and stole my car.

So if you live in an area that has a lot of crime, and all those crimes were committed by men in suits, you have good reason to assume that those suit wearing men are potential threats.

Lot to be determined in court and I'm more than happy to let them do my job. And between forensic evidence, recorded phone conversations, etc ... I think the jury will be able to get a decent handle on what happened.

The questions that I am going to be looking for answers to are: Why was Zimmermasn carrying his weapon on Neighborhood Watch when Neighborhood Watch told him not to?

A good question, but NW had no authority to say he could or couldnt.

Why did he continue to follow Martin after police told him not to?

We dont know that he did yet.

Does Martin's body show any signs or trace evidence that he attacked Zimmerman? Does Zimmerman's body show any signs or trace evidence that Martin attacked him?

But in the end, it doesn't matter two hoots what I think or believe. The justice syatem will handle it and nothing I believe will change a thing.

We do not need to be judge and jury.

The truth will likely come out.

Give it time.

The term "suspicious" varies though, what looks suspicious to you might not look suspicious to me and so on.

true..

But the point is neither of us can say he was or was not acting suspiciosuly becuase we have absolutely no idea what he was doing yet.
He may have been simply skipping along the sidewalk eatiing his skittles

We have no freaking idea.

Doesn't matter - we don't shot people dead for "acting suspicious" in the United States.
and the people who know more charged him with second degree murder. Sounds stiff to me - but if they know enough to make that stick - so be it.

People who try to bash someone else's head in are shot every day. Shot, stabbed, hit with a rock, All the time.

The term "suspicious" varies though, what looks suspicious to you might not look suspicious to me and so on.

true..

But the point is neither of us can say he was or was not acting suspiciosuly becuase we have absolutely no idea what he was doing yet.

Doesn't matter - we don't shot people dead for "acting suspicious" in the United States.
and the people who know more charged him with second degree murder. Sounds stiff to me - but if they know enough to make that stick - so be it.
no one said he shot him dead for acting suspcious.

Why are you claiming that is what he did?

Then why did Zimmerman say he "looks" like he is up to no good instead of saying "he's checking out cars" or "he's checking for unlocked units"

One possibility is that Martin was acting suspicious.

The other possibility is that Zimmerman say a youth he didn't recognize and wanted the police to check him out. Being familiar with calling the police he know if he said "Hey, there is this guy walking down the sidewalk not doing anything I want you to check him out." That it would not have provided a timely response. However by embelishing, he knows what buttons to push.

There is probable evidence that we know he possibly embellished one part.

>>>>

I’ve never been able to get over the crucial minutes of George Zimmerman’s encounter with Trayvon Martin. I’m not talking about the initial struggle, or even the fatal shooting. That’s where most of the media coverage has been, and for good reason. A life has been lost and it’s important to figure out exactly what happened.

Hubby and I were talking about this last night as we were taking our mutt for a walk. Why did Zimmerman get out of the car? There is NO neighborhood watch organization in the U.S. that advocates that NW folks directly confront people that they suspect are "up to no good." They're there to watch and to contact the authorities.

What was going through Zimmerman's mind when he got out of his car and confronted Martin? None of us knows, but I'm sure we'll find out during the trial.

true..

how do you know "he shot people dead for acting suspicious"?

We really don't know that there was any confrontation at all prior to the time Martin followed Zimmerman back to the car.

The witness does not claim to know what caused the altercation. The 9/11 call clearly told Zimmerman he shouldn't be following the person, and Zimmerman's use of the term "fucking coons" was completely voluntary on his part.

1. Zimmerman never called 911. He called the non-emergency number, which means there will be no GPS record under E911.

2. Isolation and replay of the tape shows he said "Fucking Punks".

>>>>

FYI Dick the MORON Tuck has been given this information a dozen times. He continues to repeat the lies.. Dick Tuck is a MORON. SAVe your breath.

There are some misconceptions in your post, Willow.

Law enforcement did not tell Zimmerman to stop following, a 9-11 dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that" which is not the same as the command "stop following."

A direction from a dispatcher is a direction from a police agency. It isn't the job of a neighborhood watcher to follow a suspect or attempt an arrest.

And, in Florida as well as in Texas there is a "castle doctrine" from what I've read Zimmerman was on watch because homes in that complex had been burgled at least four times within that month.

Watching =/= confronting. And, castle doctrine doesn't apply outside your own property.

fucking idiot...there is actually more evidence that he did NOT continue to chase him than evidence that he DID continue to chasde him.

Actually, there is NO evidence showing that he continued to chase him.

How is it that you feel you can debate topics you are not well informed on?

Well yeah, actually there is very definitive evidence that Zimmerman did continue to stalk and chase Trayvon -

He shot him dead.

If he had not continued to stalk and chase him, he would not have had the opportunity to kill him.

That certainly is not true. How do you know Trayvon didn't attack Zimmerman after Zimmerman followed the 911 dispatchers advise as he agreed to do on the recording. You know the one you have supposedly listened to and are now ignoring? Maybe what you wish is correct, so far the 911 recording and eye witness say that your statement is false. Hopefully the truth will come out in court.

Exactly true.

And the really sad part?

People such as Neddy are hoiping that, in fact, Zimmerman killed a defenseless, innocent child for no reason whatsoever.

Me? I pray to God that it is found that Treyvon was compeltely in the wrong.

Why?

Becuase the thought that an innocent child was killed for no reason sickens me.

It seems to please people like Neddy becuase it gives them reason to confirm their poilitical ideology.

Law enforcement did not tell Zimmerman to stop following, a 9-11 dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that" which is not the same as the command "stop following."

A direction from a dispatcher is a direction from a police agency. It isn't the job of a neighborhood watcher to follow a suspect or attempt an arrest.

And, in Florida as well as in Texas there is a "castle doctrine" from what I've read Zimmerman was on watch because homes in that complex had been burgled at least four times within that month.

Watching =/= confronting. And, castle doctrine doesn't apply outside your own property.

We still dont know that he continued to follow him so such is irrelevant.

Lot to be determined in court and I'm more than happy to let them do my job. And between forensic evidence, recorded phone conversations, etc ... I think the jury will be able to get a decent handle on what happened.

The questions that I am going to be looking for answers to are: Why was Zimmermasn carrying his weapon on Neighborhood Watch when Neighborhood Watch told him not to?

Account that I've seen say that he wasn't "on watch" he was on the way to the grocery story.

Why did he continue to follow Martin after police told him not to?

That will be an issue the prosecution will raise. A lot will depend on the timeline established by the phone calls and exactly where on Twin Trees Lane his truck was parked.

Does Martin's body show any signs or trace evidence that he attacked Zimmerman?

Does Zimmerman's body show any signs or trace evidence that Martin attacked him?

Injuries on Martin's body or Zimmerman's injuries are not indicative of who started the hostilities.

But in the end, it doesn't matter two hoots what I think or believe. The justice syatem will handle it and nothing I believe will change a thing.

True, more information will be forthcoming.

>>>>

I think you also have to entertain the idea that Zimmerman is a this cop wannbe who is toting his gun around on Neighborhood Watch (even though he's been instructed not to) following a kid who he thinks is suspicious (even though he's been instructed not to) and confrointing this kid like a billy- badass and the kid stands up for himself - fight ensues - kid gets shot.

This scenario is no more likely or no less likely than the kid just jumped Zimmerman for no reason and got shot for it.

The jury will decide. I'm fine with that.

But the whole situation is what needs to be debated. For walking down the street peacefully purposes and for how much authority we hand over to vigilantes. And how much leeway we give to people to protect themselves and their property.

well moron jr. did you listen to the tapes,, after the non police 9-11 dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that." Zimmerman said "Okay".

you people are a bunch of gawddamned fools.

Indeed, George Zimmerman had foiled at least one robbery in Twin Lakes, the crime-ridden complex in Florida where the shooting took place.

Trayvon Martin was not one of these;

Trayvon had a history of burglary. He was the age, sex, and race most likely to commit crimes. He was in an area that was experiencing a rash of burglaries. It took him an hour to make a 15 minute trip at night. Zimmerman saw him BEHAVING suspiciously. His background shows that he had behavioral problems and and had a gangster fetish. Yet, people generally assume the piece-of-shit Trayvon couldn't possibly have been casing the neighborhood, even though that same night he brutally assaulted someone.

Anyone who defends Trayvon deserves to be shot.

Zimmerman wll get away with his premeditated murder of Travon Martin.

If you are trying to claim he premeditated Trayvon's murder, than he clearly already got away with it since the State didnt even press charged against him for premeditated murder for lack of evidence.

You are wrong,, in Florida as Well as Texas the Castle doctrine applies in your home, your car, the streets, a motel.. wherever it is that you feel threatened you have a right to defend yourself.

Forum List

Back