Traitor John Kelly Claims in Sworn Statement Trump Discussed Using IRS to Retaliate Against FBI Lovebirds Peter Strzok and Lisa Page

Too funny. You still believe Trump and Russia colluded to steal the 2016 election even though it was throughly investigated and nothing found. Yet you simultaneously believe O is blameless for a proven illegal act by one of his cabal. Lol.
What I believe is the Russians interfered in the 2016 election, which they did as a matter of fact, and Trump welcomed and used with no hesitation or ethical or national qualms.... what the Russians stole, or made up and pushed by Russian trolls, to his own benefit.

You don't have a problem with that, and I differ with you, I do have many problems with it.....on many levels.

It could have been as simple as a offhanded remark where they mis use context or try to turn it into something it isn't.

Trump could have just said "I should tell the IRS to crawl up their ass" not meaning it. We all say shit out loud we don't actually mean or just as a jab. Or someone that really gets on your nerves at work you might say "ugh I wish they would take a walk in traffic" but you don't actually want them to get hit by a car.

Oh bullshit you held him responsible and still do over a lie.
I don’t.

Lots of federal employees do things that have nothing to do with the president.

Trump wanting to target political enemies with the IRS is bad. If you have someone showing Obama did the same, I would condemn him too.

I don’t.

Lots of federal employees do things that have nothing to do with the president.

Trump wanting to target political enemies with the IRS is bad. If you have someone showing Obama did the same, I would condemn him too.
Lol, we know any accusation against Trump is fact, but not against a democrat. After the Mueller investigation, Trump is the cleanest president in our history.

Lol, we know any accusation against Trump is fact, but not against a democrat. After the Mueller investigation, Trump is the cleanest president in our history.
Are you saying John Kelly would lie under oath? That doesn’t seem likely.

After Donald Trump left the White House, retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, the man who served as the Republican president’s chief of staff for 17 months, has struggled to contain his contempt for his former boss. Over the last couple of years, Kelly has accused Trump of, among other things, “poisoning” people’s minds, having “serious character issues,” and not being “a real man.”
But even more important than Kelly’s assessment of the former president’s character are the concerns he’s raised about Trump’s abuses while in office. Last fall, the week before Thanksgiving, Kelly told The New York Times that Trump, during his presidency, told his chief of staff to use the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department to target his critics and perceived political foes.

The Times’ report went on to note, “Mr. Kelly said he made clear to Mr. Trump that there were serious legal and ethical issues with what he wanted.” The then-president “regularly” made the demands anyway, leading Kelly to remind his boss what he wanted “was not just potentially illegal and immoral but also could blow back on him.”

The significance of the report did not linger — it was overshadowed by a series of other Trump scandals — but Kelly’s allegations struck me as incredibly important. In the midst of Republican hysterics about the Biden White House “weaponizing” and “politicizing” federal law enforcement — allegations that appear to have no basis in fact — here was the former president’s longest serving chief of staff explaining on the record that Trump engaged in the precise abuse that he’s falsely accused his successor of engaging in.

Over the weekend, the allegations returned to the fore, and for good reason. The New York Times reported on Saturday:

The court filing relates to a civil case we discussed late last week: Peter Strzok a former senior FBI official who helped lead the initial probe of ties between Russia and the Trump campaign, is currently sing the bureau, arguing that he was wrongfully terminated. As part of the case, Strzok and his lawyers intend to depose the former president, asking whether the Republican was involved in his firing.

What does this have to do with Kelly’s allegations? According to the retired general, Trump sought to use federal law enforcement against several perceived foes — including Strzok.

It was against this backdrop that Kelly said under oath that Trump discussed using powerful federal agencies to go after the former senior FBI official. What’s more, according to the Times’ report, which has not been independently verified by MSNBC or NBC News, Kelly has contemporaneous notes related to the incident.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but it’s not every day when a former White House chief of staff implicates a former president — under penalty of perjury — in an impeachable offense.

For what it’s worth, a Trump spokesperson responded to the allegations by saying the retired general is a “psycho,” the same label the former president has applied to special counsel Jack Smith.

Come on, bring on the attacks.

Here is a man who actually served his country, but just watch how the Trump Humpers will attack him and call him a part of the Deeeeeeeep State.

Trump told his chief of staff to use the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department to target his critics and perceived political foes. Now we hear Trump Humpers whining all the time about the DOJ and FBI being weaponized, when it looks like that is exactly what Trump wanted them to be as long as it was in his favor.

It could have been as simple as a offhanded remark where they mis use context or try to turn it into something it isn't.

Trump could have just said "I should tell the IRS to crawl up their ass" not meaning it. We all say shit out loud we don't actually mean or just as a jab. Or someone that really gets on your nerves at work you might say "ugh I wish they would take a walk in traffic" but you don't actually want them to get hit by a car.
What's the maximum effective range of an excuse?

It's amazing how Trump can say something as plain as day and then Trump Humpers will come and tell us he was joking or he meant something else.

What's the maximum effective range of an excuse?

It's amazing how Trump can say something as plain as day and then Trump Humpers will come and tell us he was joking or he meant something else.

Dude.

Let's review:

John Kelly's assertion is that Trump asked him about utilizing the IRS to pursue two FBI agents who were clearly breaking the law.

John Kelly informed the DC nubile (Trump), that that would also - in fact - be unlawful.

John Kelly himself attests he knows of Trump taking no retribution or investigation subsequent to their conversation.

So, now John Kelly either made up the conversation - or it was true - but nothing came of it.

I don't understand your point here.

Surprise, surprise.

two FBI agents who were clearly breaking the law.
The Durham report exonerated them completely.
John Kelly informed the DC nubile (Trump), that that would also - in fact - be unlawful.
You really think Trump is so ignorant that he didn’t know that? If that’s the case, it’s embarrassing that Republicans elected someone so clueless.

The Durham report exonerated them completely.

It did no such thing.

When you have to make up lies to serve your incoherent arguments, you are losing.

You really think Trump is so ignorant that he didn’t know that?

In all likelihood he was probably just speaking off the cuff, as other posters here have astutely pointed out.

The bottom line is Kelly says he has no knowledge that anything came of it, and no other accusers have come forward.

So, as has been the case for the past 8 years, ya got nothing. ;)

They were never indicted, so they’re been exonerated.

Please tell me you're not so stupid that you truly think those are both the same thing.

A court can find you guilty or not guilty of a crime. But getting exonerated of a criminal charge is different. This means that the court has overturned your conviction and dismissed all of the charges against you based on new evidence. It means the court recognizes your innocence.

Just painful.

Forum List

Back