Justice Ketanji Jackson's faulty claim in affirmative action case takes another hit as lawyers 'clarify' brief

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Funny how all of Biden’s affirmative action picks turn out to be total morons.
Once again, she lied and it’s documented for all eternity for historians to laugh at.
Remember- she can’t even define what a woman is.

Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson has faced scrutiny for making a flawed claim about Black infant mortality under White doctors in her dissenting opinion to last week's landmark affirmative action decision.

Jackson sought to show that race-based admissions are a matter of life and death for racial minorities, and her dissenting opinion in the Supreme Court's ruling on Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard cited an example. The law firm apparently responsible for the misleading statement sought to "clarify" the claim on Friday.

I wonder why nobody's ever accused Clarence Thomas of being an affirmative action appointment to the Supreme Court. He was appointed by George H.W. Bush. Could it be because he's proved himself worthy at every chance he's had? And yet the liberal news media still has staffs of reporters going out to find any kind of dirt on him they can dig up. Shameful!

Once again, she lied and it’s documented for all eternity for historians to laugh at.

Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson has faced scrutiny for making a flawed claim about Black infant mortality under White doctors in her dissenting opinion to last week's landmark affirmative action decision.

Jackson sought to show that race-based admissions are a matter of life and death for racial minorities, and her dissenting opinion in the Supreme Court's ruling on Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard cited an example. The law firm apparently responsible for the misleading statement sought to "clarify" the claim on Friday.
She is correct and some form of this ruling will be re-instated in my lifetime.

Deal with it. :)

"The study makes no such claims. It examines mortality rates in Florida newborns between 1992 and 2015 and shows a 0.13% to 0.2% improvement in survival rates for Black newborns with Black pediatricians (though no statistically significant improvement for black obstetricians)," Frank wrote.

It's not so clear that it's an outright lie, as it is that Ms. Jackson is very, very, very bad at basic math.

If she understood the math, and intended to lie, I'd expect that she'd form a lie that was more plausible, that wouldn't stand out so sharply as an obvious falsehood.

She’s such an idiot. How did she get to where she is with half a brain?

I wonder why nobody's ever accused Clarence Thomas of being an affirmative action appointment to the Supreme Court. He was appointed by George H.W. Bush. Could it be because he's proved himself worthy at every chance he's had? And yet the liberal news media still has staffs of reporters going out to find any kind of dirt on him they can dig up. Shameful!

It did seem unfortunate to me, but understandable, that when the very first-ever black Supreme Court Justice passed away, that President Bush the First felt obligated to replace him with another black person. But at least Bush the First picked someone who otherwise solidly seemed qualified, and not just some token black person that was obviously unqualified, as Biden did. Somewhere out there, there is probably some white guy that would have been better qualified than Thomas, who really ought to have got that position instead of Thomas.

It might very well have otherwise made things easier, as well. The left wrong really, really, really hates any black person that dares to eschew the left wrong-wing agenda. They see a conservative black guy like Thomas as the modern version of a runaway slave. And since Bush the First announced his pick of Thomas, and up to this very day, the left wrong has been relentless in trying to bring him down.

From the article..

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed this week, Ted Frank, a senior attorney at Hamilton Lincoln Law Institute, responded directly to Jackson's claim, lambasting the justice for making a mathematical error.

"A moment's thought should be enough to realize that this claim is wildly implausible," wrote Frank, who filed an amicus brief in support of Students for Fair Admissions. "Imagine if 40% of black newborns died — thousands of dead infants every week. But even so, that's a 60% survival rate, which is mathematically impossible to double. And the actual survival rate is over 99%. How could Justice Jackson make such an innumerate mistake?"

She's the product of affirmative action.

Last edited:
It did seem unfortunate to me, but understandable, that when the very first-ever black Supreme Court Justice passed away, that President Bush the First felt obligated to replace him with another black person. But at least Bush the First picked someone who otherwise solidly seemed qualified, and not just some token black person that was obviously unqualified, as Biden did. Somewhere out there, there is probably some white guy that would have been better qualified than Thomas, who really ought to have got that position instead of Thomas.

It might very well have otherwise made things easier, as well. The [color-#a0a0a0]left[/color] wrong really, really, really hates any black person that dares to eschew the [color-#a0a0a0]left[/color] wrong-wing agenda. They see a conservative black guy like Thomas as the modern version of a runaway slave. And since Bush the First announced his pick of Thomas, and up to this very day, the [color-#a0a0a0]left[/color] wrong has been relentless in trying to bring him down.

Don't know of any white guys off the top of my head who would've been better suited to to the Supreme Court than Clarence Thomas at the time he was appointed. I see no reason to stoke racial strife on that account.

She's the PRODUCT of affirmative action.

In a way, so was Thomas. Bush the First was determined to put a black man in that position, so he surely passed over some even more qualified white guys and put Thomas in. But he didn't just pick Thomas for being black. He picked a qualified candidate, that was black. Maybe not as qualified as some white candidates that he passed over, but certainly qualified enough.

Ketanji Brown Jackson was picked just because she was a black woman, with absolute no consideration of whether or not she might be qualified for the position.

This echoes some of Biden's other choices, such as Richard “Rachel” Levine, Sam Brinton, and Pete Buttplug—all chosen, not for being even faintly qualified for their positions, but because they ticked off some boxes on Biden's “diversity” checklist.

Don't know of any white guys off the top of my head who would've been better suited to to the Supreme Court than Clarence Thomas at the time he was appointed. I see no reason to stoke racial strife on that account.

I don't either, but then I don't have access to any of the people, or any of their credentials, that Bush the First might have had to choose from. I do have my serious doubts about Thomas having truly been the best and most qualified candidate to come into Bush the First's awareness; but surely Bush the First deemed Thomas to be the very best BLACK candidate that was before him.

I can see how some significant strife could have resulted if the very first black man ever to serve on the Supreme Court was replaced by a white guy. In effect, Bush was caving in to a potential heckler's veto, by picking a candidate that he felt would appease those who might otherwise make trouble over that.

Wow.

I haven't seen the august austerity of the court so violated since Bush Jr. attempted to nominate his cleaning lady.

Just embarrassing!

Affirmative Action.

YA FUCKING BIGOT!!!!
You are the bigot keeping Asians and Whites out of schools and jobs they are way more qualified for. So, yes, it was affirmative action that put another dumb liberal communist into the Supreme Court.
It’s the liberal Democrats that keep telling blacks they are too stupid to qualify on their own. So, they force as many blacks into welfare and bad schools because 75% of black families have no father in the home because of your bigoted welfare programs that keep blacks in shackled slavery. It’s Whites and Blacks Democrats doing this. You are the bigot!

This is surreal.

How could she make a mistake like that?

It's an utterly insane claim on its face.

She's an embarrassment.

Forum List

Back