Town halls gone wild

The Silent Majority is awakening - and no longer remaining so silent.

All politicians - Democrat and Republican alike, best realize the playing field is undergoing considerably changes...

Only the kooks think this is a GOP planed thing. I wish

No, what we are seeing happening is the re-emergence of Middle America - the right of center Republican-Independents-Reagan Democrats who will continue to dominate the political landscape of this country when they are awakened.

There has not been such a collective dissatisfaction since the latter half of the 1970s - and this dissatisfaction is growing quickly.

The difference is, there was a unifying figure in the 1970s - Reagan, to forward the message of this dissatisfaction. The Republicans of today, do not yet have that voice...

No, what we are seeing happening is the re-emergence of Middle America - the right of center Republican-Independents-Reagan Democrats who will continue to dominate the political landscape of this country when they are awakened.

There has not been such a collective dissatisfaction since the latter half of the 1970s - and this dissatisfaction is growing quickly.

The difference is, there was a unifying figure in the 1970s - Reagan, to forward the message of this dissatisfaction. The Republicans of today, do not yet have that voice...

I take one exemption to your history lesson...1994 the Conservatives came out in force :clap2: Its happening again if the Republicans want to take advantage of it.

I take one exemption to your history lesson...1994 the Conservatives came out in force :clap2: Its happening again if the Republicans want to take advantage of it.

1994 was a shift in the political balance to be sure, and it benefited from the focused efforts of Gingrich and Co. - but the shift was not as deep as what was occuring in the late 1970's - in fact, it was another extension of it, as the Republicans of 1994 loudly and proudly proclaimed themselves Reagan Republicans - the last time such a concerted showing of Reagan principles had been voiced from within the Republican Party. If the current levels of agitation somehow form into another collective voice of those same principles - the Republicans will be presented with a significant opportunity.

The question of course, is if they are capable of doing so...

Will you be wearing a black panther uniform? Or a white hood? Try it. It's legal now.:razz:

Voting out incumbents is not such a bad idea, but we now know how naive inexperienced politicians can be.
More projection. Poor GOP.
Why the hatred.
The white house and the Democrat party are using Hitler tactics to strike back at innocent civilians exercising their right to voice concerns on this disaster of a bill and the usurpation of power from the people.

Why don't you all just vote for this bill and move on?

town hall meetings should be rough on them..gop or democrat
Absolutely.
especially when they say something so stupid as "we have to act fast on this so we cant read the bill"(paraphrasing)
What is even funnier is that the bill that is in question doesn't have kick in until 2013.

Why the rush? Oh yeah. Thats right.

BTW. The Democrats do not need a single GOP vote to pass this.

Why all the the Hitler tactics to silence ordinary citizens voicing their concerns?

I agree. But if a group disrupts it to the point others can't have their say, that's not right either.
But they can have their say. They just have to wait their turn.

When I ask a question, I expect it to be answered to MY satisfaction. Not the Politicians satisfaction.

I agree. But if a group disrupts it to the point others can't have their say, that's not right either.
But they can have their say. They just have to wait their turn.

When I ask a question, I expect it to be answered to MY satisfaction. Not the Politicians satisfaction.

Of course. But what is wrong with them waiting for their turn? I admit I have mixed feelings about this; I support protest and dissent and holding our reps' feet to the fire. Yet I feel it's wrong to, while doing so, prevent others from exercising those same rights.

I strongly suspect that many who applaud this would not be so supportive if the roles were reversed.

it looked to me like most everyone was in agreement

In the Philadelphia meeting? Hardly.

And even so, that doesn't give them the right to drown out those who weren't, no matter if they were a minority.
i didnt see anyone complaining
did you?

In the Philadelphia meeting? Hardly.

And even so, that doesn't give them the right to drown out those who weren't, no matter if they were a minority.
did you?

:lol:

Whatever, dive.
no, not what ever
it sure seemed like everyone was in agreement
and tell us, do you REALLY want Obamacare to pass without even being read?

did you?

:lol:

Whatever, dive.
no, not what ever
it sure seemed like everyone was in agreement
and tell us, do you REALLY want Obamacare to pass without even being read?

you wouldn't know what was read and what wasn't unless you actually LISTEN to what people have to say. And a bunch of folk following instructions written by insurance company lobbyists and screaming like IDIOTS aren;t either listening or discussing.

This isn't about discussion... this is about DISRUPTION....

and perhaps you might want to stop being a dittotype calling it "obamacare" before you can intelligently discuss the issue?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back